The only time I’m concerned with what other players are doing is when they shoot the flagstick with their range finder, grab a club, take a few practice swings, grab the range finder again & then grab another club.

Did the flag move during those few practice swings? 🤷‍♂️

Not much bothers me. Shoot, I'm all for joggers, hoodies, jeans, flat brims, all of it. As longs as the course doesn't have a rule on clothing, wear what you want and feel good about it. Play whatever clubs you want, take drops, use a foot wedge. Enjoy the game how you want. None of it changes how I play or enjoy it myself. Let's just keep the pace and be respectful to those on the course

Well said, that's exactly how I feel!!!

I generally just hope other players are respectful of the course and their fellow golfers. That means keep a good pace of play, replace divots and ball marks, yell fore etc. Stuff that sounds simple but seems to be followed less and less lately.

The only time I’m concerned with what other players are doing is when they shoot the flagstick with their range finder, grab a club, take a few practice swings, grab the range finder again & then grab another club.

Did the flag move during those few practice swings? 🤷‍♂️
It’s sneaky. :ROFLMAO:

Then only to come up short...
If you were watching me, you have to assume I pulled a longer club the 2nd time and would've come up far shorter if I hadn't gone back for more club.

If you were watching me, you have to assume I pulled a longer club the 2nd time and would've come up far shorter if I hadn't gone back for more club.
Hahaha but why shot the flagstick multiple times after you already had your yardage, assuming you did this?

Hahaha but why shot the flagstick multiple times after you already had your yardage, assuming you did this?
To make sure I wasn't smoking crack. I have no depth perception and I have to convince myself of yardages sometimes.

To make sure I wasn't smoking crack. I have no depth perception and I have to convince myself of yardages sometimes.
Well said. Not questioning why by any means.

Most of what's been said here applies to life outside golf, by my beliefs. As long as you're courteous and mindful of others enjoyment, people need to relax and let you live your life and enjoy things the way you want to. Most casual and beginning golfers don't even know when they're doing something incorrectly. Can't tell you how many rules and etiquettes I've learned this year and I've played at least a few times every year for the past 10 years before upping my commitment.

I promise to always be open minded and understanding though, if you politely point out to me why something is impacting your enjoyment.

Most of what's been said here applies to life outside golf, by my beliefs. As long as you're courteous and mindful of others enjoyment, people need to relax and let you live your life and enjoy things the way you want to. Most casual and beginning golfers don't even know when they're doing something incorrectly. Can't tell you how many rules and etiquettes I've learned this year and I've played at least a few times every year for the past 10 years before upping my commitment.

I promise to always be open minded and understanding though, if you politely point out to me why something is impacting your enjoyment.
The first two things I try to impress on a new golfer are etiquette and pace of play. Nobody minds playing with a bad golfer, but nobody likes playing with a slow/rude golfer. Work on your game as you go, but get off on the right foot so you have people to play with.

Like most others, I really don't care how you're playing your game so long as it's not directly impacting me. Wear what you want, play how you want, but please keep pace within reason.

We have a highly tolerant and non judgemental bunch here that also never plays slow golf. Amazing 😂

You guys are crazy. I will definitely be judging thr guy in my first example. Just as guy that goes nuts throwing clubs, cursing, etc. yup, judged. Rules guy rhat seems the need to inform strangers who didn’t ask...yup judged. I once got paired with a single that each time he made a putt, he did this cam Newton Superman thing, but fortunately had the same success rate as Cam Newton, so it wasn’t often. Yup, judged.

I’m way less tolerant I guess haha.

I agree. To me respect, consideration, courtesy, kindness, and others helpful attributes go a long way. Yes, no doubt there are times people need attitude adjustments and should not be on a golf course. I am sure many of us have seen them and simply wished they would go away.

I like what you put in your post about casual and beginning golfers. I only started a couple years ago and I had no clue about many things and could only trust in what I read online and those around me for guidance. I sought out those that had courteous pay-it-forward attitudes and thankfully I had many that helped me and I try to do the same for others.

Where are the rule books for golf etiquette that each of us are to follow? Outside of the rule book we depend on others to share their knowledge with us.

We have a highly tolerant and non judgemental bunch here that also never plays slow golf. Amazing 😂

You guys are crazy. I will definitely be judging thr guy in my first example. Just as guy that goes nuts throwing clubs, cursing, etc. yup, judged. Rules guy rhat seems the need to inform strangers who didn’t ask...yup judged. I once got paired with a single that each time he made a putt, he did this cam Newton Superman thing, but fortunately had the same success rate as Cam Newton, so it wasn’t often. Yup, judged.

You and I know that some here aren't as tolerant as they let on.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
When I read about Private Courses being told that they must accept women, or minorities or whatever.....My mind goes to why don't some women buy a course and exclude men...why don't a minority business person buy a course and exclude whoeveryouwant.....Why tell some group that own a private course who they should have as a member.....

Anyone who says they don't judge is a liar. It's human nature. That doesn't mean that they voice their judgement but, yeah, you're full of s***. As far as the clothing thing, I'm going to give you s*** about it. It usually means I like you. If I'm not giving you a hard time, it means I couldn't care less about you or that we've established that you're a b**** and can't handle taking some ish once in a while (which, also, typically means that you're probably not my kind of cat to begin with).

I also welcome the crap being thrown my way. I bust balls and don't take offense when I get it back..................because I'm not a b****. I go back and forth all the time with my AZTHP group. They know I'm not out to actually hurt anyone's feelings and they serve it right back. Good, good.

I for one, could care less what you wear. I may laugh at you the whole round, but we will give the needle

IDGAF about anyone else's way to live, as long as they are happy. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

For me, it's a "to each their own" belief. You do you. Please don't play slow and if you do, let others through. Bring your kids and wife to the course and let others through when you're holding them up (it'll be much more enjoyable for all that way.) Also - respect the course. replace divots, fix your ball mark plus a few more, and have a good time. What you wear doesn't bother me.

As long as you respect the course and whoever you are playing with, I don't care what you wear or what clubs you play

I genuinely try not to care what others do. From time to time I see something that gets me going down the wrong road. I will try to snap out of it as it doesn’t effect me.

Anyone who says they don't judge is a liar. It's human nature. That doesn't mean that they voice their judgement but, yeah, you're full of s***. As far as the clothing thing, I'm going to give you s*** about it. It usually means I like you. If I'm not giving you a hard time, it means I couldn't care less about you or that we've established that you're a b**** and can't handle taking some ish once in a while (which, also, typically means that you're probably not my kind of cat to begin with).

I also welcome the crap being thrown my way. I bust balls and don't take offense when I get it back..................because I'm not a b****. I go back and forth all the time with my AZTHP group. They know I'm not out to actually hurt anyone's feelings and they serve it right back. Good, good.

There are of course extremes. Pretty sure I wouldn't play golf with someone wearing just a speedo or a knickers outfit. But the OP used the example of joggers.

What I consider "amazing" is how you guys cannot consider the possibility that not everyone is like you. Does a thought run through my head or do I chuckle to myself when I see what others wear or how they act? Sometimes, sure. Do I give it another thought? No, not until the question is asked whether I'm a judgmental golf snob.

There are a lot of people who really don't care what others wear, or whether they use iron covers, or ball retrievers or their skill level... really, there are. If those types of things affect you, then cool... play with your type of partners or join clubs that do not permit those things. When there are personality traits of others that bother me - and there are - that becomes my problem, not theirs.

Personally, I don't think anything says I'm a little b*tch more than worrying very much about what others think or say about how I dress. :drinks:

I’ll gladly take a 5 hour round instead of 5 hours shopping with the wife. But either way, I need a stiff drink afterwards.

Back