What spin do you like to see with driver?

Low launcher, low spinner of the ball and slower swinger. I have had the best results on the course with an Epic Flash. I recently got on a monitor and my optimal numbers were:
129 ball, 16* launch, 2600 spin, which was 216 carry and 237 total. Now if I could only replicate that swing every time :)

Anywhere from just below 2k to about 2450 depending on how old I feel that day and what I'm trying to do. Sweet zone at the end of the season was just below 2100 with my move.

Would love to get under 2500 consistently. I've seen what sub 2000 looks like with one of my driver's and I almost lose my balance watch it knuckle away.

I like to hover around 2200. Any lower and the ball gets wild.

2400 was what I was getting at my driver fitting recently. Seemed to work well but would be interesting to see what different numbers could be like in detail but don't have the luxury.

2500 is what I want, 3000+ is what I get too often :(

Fascinating topic and one where I can’t really answer. I don’t hit on monitors too often but when I do the numbers haven’t been very consistent. One time I will be around 2000-2400rpm and the next I will be in the high 2000’s and into the low 3000’s. For some reason I struggle swinging indoors and see a totally different ball flight on the quad then I do on the course.

I'm still working on my swing with driver, so it's hard to say what optimal spin is, but I think it's in the lower 2000 range. I think I'll find out for sure during my next fitting.

Back