What tee shot makes you the most nervous?

When you are teeing off, what shot makes you the most nervous? Gotta say, anything over water or with water in play is the absolute worst for me
A long forced carry on #1.

houses right, water left.....as a draw guy, it can run out more than i want in a hurry

Anything with the left half blocked out to force a straight ball or draw

Anything with water on the left.

Too many...
- Forced carry over water
- Water on the right
- Anything with a road (yep, a road) behind the green. My small hometown course where I learned to play had three holes with this problem. On one of the holes the green is downhill from the tee so you can't see the green or the street when teeing off. You know it's an issue when the scorecard has to mention roads are out of bounds (the scorecard drawing has things more spaced out than they really are). Learning to play there as a kid the fear of hitting a car was real. I swear this is why to this day I still worry about missing greens long.

TeeHi2.jpg

Anything with water or OB to the right...

Water down the right side, houses down the left with a huge sign on the tee that says "You are responsible for all damage to homes".

The one that requires a driver because of the length of the hole with the possibility of a lost ball on both sides of the fairway or a big forced carry to get into position A. Especially when I’m on the back nine and two or three strokes better than my index. :) This hole at a course I play often comes to mind. The carry over that 2nd fairway bunker at the dogleg is about 265 and often into the wind. The safe play is left of that but a 275 yard drive will leave me with something like 185 in but if you pull it a bit it’s more like 200 out to a well guarded green where any shot left of the green rolls into the woods/marsh. It’s easily my highest scoring hole in relation to par each summer. After not making par you are greeted with a 245 yard par 3 on the next hole, lol.

65259483-7664-4794-8769-3DC524F305FF.jpeg

1B927FA2-2F62-4119-9FAF-DD9CCB18DFD6.jpeg

Last edited:
Water on the left as I tend to over draw it (refuse to call it a hook). Also something narrow where there is no miss... either heavy tree lined or water on both sides.

Water in front of the tee box ... Makes me think swing hard, when naturally I have more than enough club tonger me there

Probably long par 3s over water. Not many tee shots make me nervous with driver in hand.

Tree front left. Can’t hit a driver with a draw anymore to save my life. I then have to start my drive too far center and if I swing hard then it’s most likely going to leave me in serious trouble on the right if not OB. No matter the distance I almost always will pull less than driver in the situation due to this.

I love it and I hate it, but an island green or hitting over water is a tee shot that gives me chills.

Close second is a tight fairway with water of the right. I like to fade the ball and water just off to the right can be fun.

1st tee although lately have been smoking them

None of them make me nervous, it’s just a game. Wide open holes give me the most trouble because I tend to over swing and lose it way right.

Any par 3 over 165 with water left. I have no issues from a fairway with these shots but on a tee box, all I think about is hooking it into the water.

First tee with a crowd watching. Even if it's an easy shot, it gets in my head every time.

Forced carry over water or a dogleg left. On a dogleg left I can almost guarentee I will have a long 2nd shot..

This is my answer.

Water or OB right, I like to fade the ball with my driver.

Anything with water really. Water left? Here comes the first draw of the day. Water right? Hello Mr. Slice :LOL:

The tee shot when the group ahead of me let’s us play through.

Long forced carry over water I don't like, can't say nervous? I just don't like.

Also Me, Elevated greens you can't see with flags front, or sucker pins with bunkers 🤡

Back