What's the most holes you've played with one ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
34 holes. During the club championship weekend this year. :angel:

Sooo close to completing consecutive rounds with the same ball, but alas, chunked a pitch into the drink on 17th in the final round, grrr!
(but then again, winning it softened the blow somewhat, hehe)

9/10 times if I use a ball for 18 holes it's pretty much done. I've never really tried to keep track of how many holes I can get out of 1 ball, might be fun to do though.

I don't lose many at all, think last year I played 72 easy without losing one but I am a high handicapper, who drives fairways well with only a 200 yd drive and usually use a fairway wood which I hit very well, but iron play sucks

Now that the new season is upon us, Let's see how many holes you all can get with a single ball this year!

Now that the new season is upon us, Let's see how many holes you all can get with a single ball this year!

Glad to see this thread again. Right now, I'm up to 27 with a ProV1X. Doesn't mean it hasn't been in a hazard, I just haven't lost it yet. I'll put it in play tomorrow and see if I can make it another 18--it's holding up pretty well considering how many trees I've hit.

I try to make one ball last all round but I won't play one ball more than one round

Tapa Slice

I try to make one ball last all round but I won't play one ball more than one round
You should! See how far you can go!

Only good reason to take it out of play is if it becomes a milestone ball or if it gets such a bad score on a hole you need to throw it in the water!

I think I've made it through 18 before but only at a relatively forgiving course.

Last year I played a yellow Srixon Z Star for 81 holes and could have played it more had I not left it on the trunk of my buddies car. Used the same ball to play 4 rounds of tournament golf in Kentucky then played an Arnold Palmer 9 hole executive course in Pennsylvania. Have switched balls since then but I still believe that Srixon makes the most durable balls on the market.

after 18 holes the ball goes into my practice bag, if i play a practice round, i may use it as my second "drop" ball

Just curious. For the people who will only play a ball one round, or who will only play a ball 18 holes, what do you do if you put a new ball in play during around? Say on hole 6? Do you start your next round with a new ball or replace it after hole 5 in the next round?

I try and use a different ball every 9 holes so with that said, I've gone a good 5 rounds without losing a ball but that's only been at a shorter course I used to frequent since it's within walking distance from my house. on a regular length course I know I've played at least a full 18 without losing a ball a couple times. then I have days where it seems like a lose a ball every other hole.

I had 30 something on a 2013 e5 before I hit it ob and didn't look for it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I lost my ball today on its 23rd hole. If I didn't lose it I would have used it for the whole round so that would have been 36 holes on one ball. The Hex Chromes seam to hold up well so I don't see a reason to change it out to a new one after every round.

Up to now I have played 36 with one ball this year which is quite unusual for me. I have had a couple attempts at trying to lose it but it hasn't gone missing yet, it has just cost me a few shots with having to take unplayable drops or chipping out of the trees sideways

I had five rounds on the same WS Duo last fall, was starting to show wear but still played fine so I figured it must have some extra luck in it seeing as how it hadn't gone mia. On the 11th hole of round six, hit short duck hook into deep rough walked up and nailed a five wood much further than my usual (I was a littled irked at tee shot), short wedge to green and two putts for par. Pull ball from washer on 12th tee and notice bubbles on surface of ball, has split nearly clean through, no idea when it happened as it flew just fine and putted normal on prior hole.

Only good reason to take it out of play is if it becomes a milestone ball or if it gets such a bad score on a hole you need to throw it in the water!

Now that right there is a waste of a good ball, it feels so much better to pound it out into the woods for me. :act-up:

The longest I have kept a ball in play is for 38 holes. Strangely enough it was a Nike 20XI-S. For whatever reason I don't lose high-spin premium balls as often as I do others. As a matter of fact every time I have bought a dozen Bridgestone B330-RX I have lost them quicker than any other ball I have ever played. Funny because so many others seem to have such great success with it being a straight shooter.

The streak continues with the Prov1x. 45 holes, it's still in pretty decent shape.

Now that right there is a waste of a good ball, it feels so much better to pound it out into the woods for me. :act-up:

A ball that gets a bad score on a hole, is no longer a good ball!

I'm pretty sure 26 was the number for me before the water claimed it.

I currently have 35 holes on my Pro V. It still looks great. May make the Pro V my gamer.

A ball that gets a bad score on a hole, is no longer a good ball!

Sorry, I should have made it clearer, I was in agreement with you on the ball no longer being worthy of continued play. But in Minnesota it was our tradition to tee it up and drive it as far into the woods as we could, hopefully to never be found again lest someone else have a bad hole with it. Where we vary is the method of disposal of bad balls, just feels better to punish them with the big stick as opposed to tossing them into the water.

42 than went into water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back