What's the most holes you've played with one ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I feel about it. I kept thinking, wow, I should just add this to the rest of the shag balls, but it's just sort of funny when you never lose it.

I think if I make it to 100 holes, I'll retire it somewhere in my house.

~Rock

Bang on Rock. It's like the ball deserves some honorable discharge for services rendered.

I don't tend to cause a lot of damage to any ball i put in play with my striking, I had a Prov1 last for four rounds (76 holes). Went over a railway line during the start of my 5th round
I found that the Penta lasts a little longer for me generally

18 holes. I usually grab a new ball every round. I will play a "played" ball if I dont have any new ones left but there is no way to tell how many holes I have played with it. My Pentas seem to hold up the best too.

i usually game a ball for a round, then through it in the practice ball mesh bag in my trunk for chipping/putting at lunch...

I've played the same ball for 18 holes before. Not sure what ball i grabbed the next time out though.

It's funny though on the course that I play generally there are 27 holes. On two of the 9 holes it's pretty hard to lose a ball and I generally play it losing only 0-2 balls a round but on the other 9 it's super easy to lose balls since there's only one hole that doesn't have either water or ob. And some holes have both water and ob. Plus the water tends to be right in play and tight to the fairway. Oh and one of the par 3's is an island green
course_map.gif

When I was in college, I was so poor (GI bill/part time work) that I played with balatas I found for so long that they resembled a silly putty egg more than a golf ball and went almost as far.

I think the most holes I ever got out of one ball was almost 2 rounds of 18 and it was a yellow e6.

I have found that the more expensive the ball is, the quicker I seem to lose it....

On the other hand, if I find some crappy Intec or Top Flite ball on the course and play it, it never gets lost!

Probably about a round and half. If I start a round with a ball and finish with the same ball, I then retire it.

As a junior I would play with whatever ball I could find and as long as I could keep it in play. Now, I always start out a round with a new ball and hope to play with it for a full 18 or until it becomes damaged.

That's a good question! I don't know that I've ever thought about it....maybe the ball never lasts long enought to worry about. Reminds of this exchange from Cheers:
Woody: "How's a beer sound Mr. Peterson?"
Norm: "I don't know Woody, one's never been around long enough to talk."

I played all 18 with the same ball last weekend...but I'm going to retire it since it's used up it's allotted number of putts.

No idea, but it was not today. I lost two in 18 today, generally I can go several 18 hole rounds. (Though our courses don't have that much water)

I rarely lose balls anymore, so a ball usually lasts 3-4 rounds. However, there are 2 holes on my course that if I do lose a ball it's there so unless in a comptetitive round, I'll switch balls for those holes to a found ball. I've been trying the new yellow z-star ball, and it's been 3 rounds (minus 6 holes) w/out being lost. If it lasts tomorrow's round I'm actually going to find the z-star thread and post some pictures. It's funny to me that the marks on it are red. Love the ball though; never had used a yellow ball, and apparently I picked the right one (though I do want to try the b330-rx too). The only times I stop using a ball is if I'm given or find a prov1, b/c I find my wedges tear them up after 3 or 4 full shots. Then it goes in my range pocket (my course just uses found balls, so I'll keep found balls and shoot them off before men's night as warmup).

Most for me is probably about 25 holes before I lose it. on my local course either side of the fairway is littered with bushes so a wayward drive is usually a lost one!

18, I start every round with a new ball. I rarely ever lose them so after the round I put them in the shag bag for practice sessions.

I remember playing a college match and playing all 18 holes with a balata. The ball was shaped like an egg on 18. Played great that day. The funny part is I still have thw ball in my shag bag.

18 holes and then it gets retired unless its an e6 (they seem to last forever). I have gone the last 3 or 4 rounds without losing a ball though.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

At least 18 holes. Balls now days last way longer than they used too. Sfsean talking about balatas reminded me of the days of wound balls - even wound distance rocks only lasted about 2 or 3 holes for me before they went out of round and started flying funny.

Just thought I'd share. 100 consecutive holes! The ball is officially retired, and I will never do that again. Any sandy brown marks aren't dirt, that's where the cover flaked away.

7203994208_88ab7af2b1.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

7203983422_315f7ecc28.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

7203973694_e17a4d9a11.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

7203940332_6abd9e6932.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

~Rock

Most for me is probably about 25 holes before I lose it. on my local course either side of the fairway is littered with bushes so a wayward drive is usually a lost one!
Same problem I have. Hate losing a shot you KNOW is right off the fairway

i once tried to break the world record (or my brothers record) of playing one ball for as long as possible
if it was in one piece and findable i was going to hit it until i lost it
nike one platinum
71 holes... same course... 4 consecutive days
approach shot on 18 on the last day i had to carry water to a sucker pin... 3 more yards and it would have been money
ball hit the bank and rolled back right into the water
guess i could have "retrieved" it but it was pretty beat up so i let it die a watery death
RIP nike one platinum... broke my bros record by 6 holes

3, thats about it

That's really cool McRock. I haven't even sniffed anything close to that. I like what you did to remember it.

I think I've made it two rounds and then retired the golf ball to my shag bag.

14, I used the same prov1x. Sure i didn't lose it on the course but I somehow lose them in my bag. Also after that many holes it gets kind of beat up.

Last week I finally played a full 18 with out loosing a ball. Today I am going back out and see if I can do it again. It actually didnt dawn on me when I finished up that round that I hadnt lost a ball until the ride home and then I nice smile came across my face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back