Whats Worse? CBS Golf Coverage or...

To me it’s not the commentary as much as it is what they’re showing.

Glad to see someone finally say this. It's not nothing to do with the folks in the booth or on the course - they're all generally terrible across networks.

I can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday (I think it was Sunday) but they only showed something like 3 shots during one segment (not counting "let's play through" lolz)

Glad to see someone finally say this. It's not nothing to do with the folks in the booth or on the course - they're all generally terrible across networks.

I can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday (I think it was Sunday) but they only showed something like 3 shots during one segment (not counting "let's play through" lolz)

Probably Saturday. I mean Christ, they showed more Am coverage than the professionals who were getting into contention. I think I watched about 15min of the broadcast and then said freakin nope.

To me it’s not the commentary as much as it is what they’re showing. Players making a charge don’t get the tv coverage sometimes. They fill the broadcast with fluff and garbage instead of focusing on what’s on the course.

CBS is just awful this time of year because of college basketball. FFS do you not know how to start coverage on time so WHEN the game runs over allotted time, golf isn’t getting the bump?

Agree. It felt like “light” coverage. Half the golf content with twice the fluff. They clearly wanted to showcase Pebble Beach, but the golf coverage felt secondary snd limited.

I might be in the minority, but I rarely care who is announcing a game/golf. I've never turned off an event because I don't like them or watched a game just because someone I like is calling it. There are ones I like more and less, but it's not going to impact my decision to watch or not.

Agree. It felt like “light” coverage. Half the golf content with twice the fluff. They clearly wanted to showcase Pebble Beach, but the golf coverage felt secondary snd limited.
Pebble is trying to justify their new jacked up rates.

I can wait until the masters. Then we can watch the best coverage of the year and spend the rest of the year lamenting that the Masters coverage is better.

Watched with mute on......

Honestly, I understand everyone's issues with the coverage, but for me, IT WAS PEBBLE BEACH!! Seeing Pebble on a beautiful day, throw in a few pros playing it with the wind coming up, good enough for me.

Yep. I was watching the Pebble Beach Pro-Am for most of the weekend. XFL took my attention Sunday so I missed seeing that... but then I could have caught it immediately after it was over during the rebroadcast on the Golf Channel. Or the subsequent rebroadcast right after that.

My issue was there are 3 courses in play for the Pro-Am... and they only showed a couple holes of each course. I want to see the entire course being played. But I know having 18 cameras out and about is too expensive and the network needs to stick to the known areas where exciting shots happen...:rolleyes:

I like me some Nick. Nantz not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they were very insightful. I love hearing, “he needs this up and down to save par” or similar “needs a two putt for par”. Even better, “he just drove it into the bunker, what a mistake.”
Maybe it's time for Booger McFarland to make the transition from football to golf. :ROFLMAO:

CBS coverage is decent. Although they kept interrupting my nature show Saturday afternoon with a golfer or two for some reason.

I actually like the guys who do PGA live much better than the CBS crew

Just be thankful for what you have today. When I first started watching back in the late 50's You might get 4 hours on the weekend for the Majors and some of the other tournaments. Today you get all the PGA, the dot. com tours, LPGA, the LET, the mens euro tour and most anything else that is broadcast. You have a 24 hour TV station and all you can do is complain? Come on guys.

Fox is the best. Unless Joe Buck is around..
Who actually likes Joe Buck... I guess if you are a front runner as he always puts positive spins on their seasons.

I agree. The Commentators are mostly very boring. I miss Johnny Miller!

"let's take another look at the leaderboard"

you idiots already have it scrolling on screen

And what was up with Clint Eastwood on Sunday.He is on live TV and he takes like 30 seconds of uncomfy airtime to answer a simple question. That to me is the problem. CBS normally doesnt do a telecast for a younger audience. The Phoenix Open is the exception I guess but even there they are uptight in their words.

And what was up with Clint Eastwood on Sunday.He is on live TV and he takes like 30 seconds of uncomfy airtime to answer a simple question. That to me is the problem. CBS normally doesnt do a telecast for a younger audience. The Phoenix Open is the exception I guess but even there they are uptight in their words.

Clint is 89 years old. Please have some respect for senior citizens.

Gary Koch saying "wellllllllll....." or "I don't knowwwwwwww" with that angsty drawn out tone.

Who actually likes Joe Buck... I guess if you are a front runner as he always puts positive spins on their seasons.

I like Joe Buck. Even more, since he's let his personality come through over the past 4-5 years.

Man, I am raking in the dislikes this morning. Must be saying something right haha

Back