What's your favorite course you've ever played?

Glad to see Sand Hollow popping up so much on here. That place is amazing. I really need to go back now that I'm a better golfer, it was around 9 years ago that I was there!

Oak Tree National is my favorite I’ve played.

Most sentimental favorite is Bay Hill or the courses at the Hideaway.

Thanks for posting this thread! Im just here to get ideas for courses to one day play hopefully!

My favorite is probably Kissing Tree, in San Marcos Texas.

Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawaii followed by Kiawah Island and Sea Island (which are 2a and 2b).

Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, followed closely by Bethpage Black. Always feel good when can break 82 at either track.

Probably Greywalls but nostalgia plays a big part. I knew every foot of that property intimately before it was a golf course and DeVries made sure to leave almost everything undisturbed when the course was built. Just based on golf shot for golf shot though I really like Ozarks National (Coore/Crenshaw). It's another outstanding golf course built with great attention to doing as little environmental change as possible by the design team.

TPC Scottsdale. And for a trip there are so many nice courses in the area to play. Really liked Boulders just a beautiful course. Golf all day, dinner and drinks at night get up and do it again perfect trip especially late February early March escaping the cold weather around here. Really breaks up the winter.

Probably Greywalls but nostalgia plays a big part. I knew every foot of that property intimately before it was a golf course and DeVries made sure to leave almost everything undisturbed when the course was built. Just based on golf shot for golf shot though I really like Ozarks National (Coore/Crenshaw). It's another outstanding golf course built with great attention to doing as little environmental change as possible by the design team.
Greywalls absolutely blew me away when I played it a few years ago. On another post talking about what’s the best course in terms of value you’ve ever played Greywalls was a no brainer (I think I paid something like $60). I’m convinced it would get a lot more praise if it was somewhat closer to civilization

Pebble Beach. It was always a bucket list course for me, and it didn’t disappoint.

Golden Ocala
Features signature holes from golf's greatest venues.
It was a blast.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Well, I have 2... each for a different reason.

For tradition and experience- Pebble Beach.

BUT- for sheer fun, enjoyment and social interaction? There is a little Pitch and Putt just on the west side of Dingle Town in Ireland. Late in the afternoon, sun on it's way down, Lighting was a Photographers dream, along with the sound of families having fun with kids laughing, dogs barking along with the view overlooking Dingle town.

Along with remembering just about every shot while at Pebble, which is probably fairly common, that late Spring afternoon playing with 3 clubs, paired up with a few locals, then taking a stroll back into town for a nice Pint in the dusk light is probably my favorite total golf "Experience". As opposed to a favorite 'course'.

hmmmm, i'd have to split into categories.

favorite layout: harbour town golf links in hilton head, sc. very difficult, and really made me understand just how diabolical pete dye is with his visuals. i loved it!

best views: the dye course at the hideaway golf club in la quinta, ca. maybe the clive would have been my favorite if the weather was better (both atmospherically and inside me [don't pre-nest, kids!]), but every single vista on the dye (maybe except #18) was just stunning.

most fun: lpga international jones course in daytona beach, fl. we played a practice round here before the morgan cup in 2018. the round was an absolute blast, and afterward we got a big table and all sat around talking, laughing, and getting to know each other.

fondest memory: dubsdread golf course in orlando, fl. brought my oldest son out on a chilly morning (well, orlando chilly!) in february when he was 6yo. i'll never forget it!

I’ve been able to play TPC Sawgrass on two occasions. From every standpoint - from quality of course to incredible shot making opportunities to the thrill of playing such a famous, legendary layout - it was incredible!!! AND....there was the round long anticipation of getting to 16, 17 and 18. The bonus is always getting to watch The Players and remembering where I was and what it felt like in particular holes.

Hey Guys!

TJ from SuperStroke here.. looking to take a golf trip soon. What's your favorite golf course you've ever played?

I’ve been fortunate to play so many of the great courses in the US and around the world. That said, the most fun course I ever played, along with the value of the greens fee, was a course in Aberdeen, NC, adjacent to the Pinehurst property, that, unfortunately, closed many years ago. It was called “The Pit”.

Sleepy Hollow in New York

Ballyliffin (Perhaps Glashedy more than the old, but both blur together for me)
Pacific Dunes

I am such a homer - Bethpage Black. Such a challenge, but fair if in the short grass (and long).

I really enjoyed TPC Las Vegas for the company and competition. Also was a really fun track.

Pacific Dunes

I have a best and I have a favorite and they’re about 12 courses between in my eyes as far as fun.

Favorite=Firestone North. Done deal.

Best was Muirfield Village and if I was Corey Pavin I’d love the **** out of that course.

Since I just want “playable” let alone a FIR that wasn’t my course for this horse. You have to be “exactly this far out and in this 30%” of the FIR to have a shot unless you want to xxxxx”

No. If I’m split in the FW, I want a shot.

Torrey Pines South
Gold Canyon - AZ
Monarch Dunes- Pismo Beach, CA
Oak Quarry - Riverside, CA

Back