What's your favorite type of ball or do you think it makes a big difference?

hollywoodjack

The next JACK nicklaus
Reaction score
I've been playing all sorts of different balls because i live on the golf course and i find them all the time in the woods, but what ball do you think is your game changer it you have one, one of my favorite balls to blay is the new bridgestone but im always finding proV's so it just whatevers in my bag

Right now its the E7+ or the Wilson Staff Zip. Both for the money and the playability.

its mostly proV's for me too but thats just becasue i find them but i agree with the TM balls

I am shopping right now. Trying a bit of everything. I like the TM TPblack and the callaway hx tour. The Bridgestone B330s is pretty good too. Not sure what I am going to end up playing.

Andy! u swing so hard i dont think it makes a difference :bulgy-eyes:

Like others have commented on other threads, I hate the more clicky sounding balls. So far, my Bridgestones have a nice soft sound, so I'm playing those. (The e5+ because it's cheap, but I like them all.) And I'll definitely pick up and play whatever I find -- right now I've got two or three "found" Callaways and Pro-Vs ... it was a pretty good day for me on the ball hunt last time out! :)

I typically play the Bridgestone E6 when I'm having problems with keeping my clubface square otherwise it's the Titleist NXT Tour.

I play those because they are fairly cheap and readily available. I would love to try the B330-RX because I feel it would fit my swing, but I won't spend that much on a ball. So to that end I am looking forward to trying the Nike One Vapor.

Another good ball, which is actually my favorite when I can find it, is the Precept U-TRI Tour. I currently have two dozen sitting at home :D

I play the Nike ONE Platinum and Black but next season I'm going to try all sorts of stuff and find something new since the Platinum and Blacks are no longer.

Although that is correct, the Nike One Tour and Tour D are replacements and so far in my tests feel very similar. I really have been enjoying the Nike One Vapor.

I played a bunch of different balls last season. The one I did find that I liked most is the Callaway Warbird.

I think I'm going to pick up a dozen of the new Warbirds and the new Diablo balls. See if either of those take me to the prize (fairway). :golf:

Although that is correct, the Nike One Tour and Tour D are replacements and so far in my tests feel very similar. I really have been enjoying the Nike One Vapor.

JB, do you find the Vapor to be noticeably more spinny than the Tour/Tour D?

I play performance balls... if its not a three piece I really can't play the ball because I am just looking for that compression and spin performance that I am used to.

I can obviously tell the difference between a ProV1 and Prov1X but if you putt a Prov1 and a Nike Platinum I'd have a hard time telling you which ball is better.

That's great to hear JB, I love the Platinum and Blacks!

I really don't think it makes a huge difference, at least for my game. I've tried so many this past year, it is hard to dicern. I did end up playing NIke One Plats 75% of the time.
When I was in FLorida I was trying various brands. MY 3rd round I bought some Nike Plats and they seemed to "feel" the best.
That being said, I'll still keep trying various brands, but the PLats or this year's version will most likely be my go to choice I assume at this point.

prov1s or nike one plats. i have played tm blacks over the past year too. its mainly just whatever my dad gets for free through work

things feel nice to me but i just dont know whats going to be the best ball, i really just play whatever comes out of my bag

Pro V1s make a difference, but at my skill level, not enough to justify the cost.

Last season I was committed to Taylor Made TP Blacks, I played the X-Outs, because they were wacky cheap, and played really well for me.

This year, I'm committed to playing Nike Ignite's. They were closing them out at Golfsmith, so I picked up several dozen for $15 per.

i live on a golf course and find tons of balls, do you think it makes a difference that their used?

I don't think it makes a difference if they are used, as long as they aren't tore up. If I find a ball it will make it back into play at some point.*if it's a Pro V1 it will also get lost again just as quickly*

Golf Balls

Golf Balls

I am not sure last year I tried various brands of Nike balls, and the last month and a half of the season from late aug to mid oct I started for the first time to notice a real improvement in my game was golfing in the low 100's and broke 100 3 times I was using a sleeve of womens Noodle golf balls so I am going to go on one of the websites I frequent a lot and get me 50 reconditioned Noodles for 37.00 and work with those this year, I have cerebral palsy from the waist down and am all arms, can hit it straight with not a heck of a lot of power but it gets it done, if any of you have any ideas what kind of ball a low 100 avg player should hit please let me know.:act-up:

i love the ProV1 and Bridgestone B330s.

Back