What's your internet speed?

This is my laptop, shared with about six other devices on wifi.
The hardwired line is way faster per the XBox test.
5586754471.png

d911b0441801de99b72b2e6fe72a9848.jpg

This is my phone. I could get a little better by renting Xfinity modem, but for $10/month less, this is fine for me

Well this is pretty embarrassing...

9c0cfc7429f79b295994f89a65c69ba8.jpg

It's borderline unusable lol. My wife and I moved back in with her parents while our new place is being built and they're just outside city limits with only satellite internet as the option. It's terrible, and worst of all he says we have a 50gb monthly data cap. Basically eliminates all streaming possibilities, I'm hurting here.

Well this is pretty embarrassing...

9c0cfc7429f79b295994f89a65c69ba8.jpg

It's borderline unusable lol. My wife and I moved back in with her parents while our new place is being built and they're just outside city limits with only satellite internet as the option. It's terrible, and worst of all he says we have a 50gb monthly data cap. Basically eliminates all streaming possibilities, I'm hurting here.
What do you get on your phone? Can you get unlimited data and use your phone as a hotspot?

What do you get on your phone? Can you get unlimited data and use your phone as a hotspot?
My phone does get LTE out here and its definitely faster, but in Canada we get absolutely ravaged by our cell plan options. Canadian cell phone rates are through the roof, I'm fairly certain we are worse than some 3rd world countries.

I do have a 6gb data plan on mine so I do a little streaming or most of my downloading music playlists on my open wifi at work. Regardless, I'll have to see what to do for online gaming once NHL and new cod roll in.

Laptop on WiFi
That's great! My wireless card won't let me get those speeds!

Have you done hard wired yet? You should be getting around 970 or so up and down!

Here is wired, without playing around with any settings. I hadn't tested it since I got a new laptop. Truth be told, I don't need anywhere near that kind of internet speed but I'll take it.

Here is wired, without playing around with any settings. I hadn't tested it since I got a new laptop. Truth be told, I don't need anywhere near that kind of internet speed but I'll take it.
If I could literally have 1% of that I would be somewhat happy.

Honestly, once you get into the teens, it's not too bad, as long as it's not shared with everyone in the house. That's what's nice about Google Fiber; you don't have to worry about it ever. I love it and will not go back to Time Warner if I can help it.

How long have you had it? We got it very early in the game.

I'm north of the river so it took a while for them to get up here, a little less than 2 years ago. (Installation was the morning after the Royals lost game 7 of the world series to the Giants. Neither myself nor the installers were feeling to good that morning) I wouldn't go back to Time Warner either. TW wasn't bad for me once I got them to replace the line coming into the house. I've had to have 1 box replaced in that time and a couple of minor service outages but other than that not many problems with Google Fiber. Other than reliable service the best thing about it is the huge DVR.

We upgraded at work last week. Nice!!!
5588780012.png

Note 7 over WiFi (Cox - 150/10)

2160572517.png

Note 7 over Sprint LTE

2162691721.png

Last edited:
At Painted Hills. It's horrible.

5589943298.png

From my mobile this cant be good stream sucks tonight
1928ba71e992d2e8353f4c6a915c2e50.jpg

Cruising down I-65 in Tennessee.

5665005476.png

Just ran a test. My results were as follows
Download speed 26.56 Mbps
Upload speed 6.11 Mbps

The house we are staying in.

8a203c7f85d2331bb701272adfc01715.jpg

Just upgraded at my office, now what to try first with this new faster speed! Coming from 15/2 this feels lightning fast!!!
IMG_956AE44C1449-1.jpeg

Slow as molasses but paying a premium price :banghead::angry::at-wits-end:

4.8mb/s down
0.9mb/s up
27 ping

Download 170.68
Upload 145.47
Ping 4ms

According to my contract it should be a lot faster, but this is wireless, and there are about 16 devices connected, so that might drive the speed down a bit...

Back