What's your most prized golf possession?

For me it would by my father's Texas Wedge. It has a head similar to but smaller than an Anser style putter, the loft of about a 4-Iron and no grooves. He was deadly with that thing from as far away as 30 yards from the green on the course down here where you could run the ball onto the green. It has a triangular leather grip, flat on all three sides so I would have to get it re-gripped if I were to ever want to use it but just can't see myself doing that.

I have a Kapalua hat clip ball marker that I got when the wife and I attended the 5 day Kapalua Golf Academy on our 5th wedding anniversary.
I also have a Pebble Beach driver cover that I got when she took me to Pebble for my 50th birthday.

I have 2 for now. The first is my Payne Stewart shadowbox full of memorabilia of him. Signed ticket, pair of signed knickers, some pictures, and at the bottom the golf ball he personally handed me after he finished one of his practice rounds at the '91 open here at Hazeltine. It was pretty amazing for a 7 year old to have him just walk to me after he putted out on 18, smile at me, and put the ball right into my hands. I met him years later at the Dayton's Challenge up here and he was a class act. Even though I was an annoying kid asking for an autograph at an after event party, and he was mid-conversation he put his arm around my shoulder while he politely finished his conversation with the guys he was talking to then turned his attention towards me and signed an autograph with a smile and yucked it up with me and my old man for 15 minutes.

8Pz6zmol.jpg

The 2nd one is also from the '91 U.S. Open. At one of the practice rounds my old man and I headed over to the putting green and there Fred Couples was practicing. My dad said "Hey Freddy, how about a picture with the little one here when you finish?" Fred didn't even pick his head up he just said "You got it." He putted around for another 15 or so minutes then came over and lifted up the rope so I could go under. He took a few pictures, shook my old man's hand and went about his day.

Flash forward a year later we were fortunate enough to be able to go the '92 Open at Pebble Beach. We brought the picture that Freddy had taken with me along to try and get it signed. We followed him for nearly his entire practice round and he wasn't signing autographs the whole round, he was there to golf. Finally getting towards the end of the round I was getting a little worried he wasn't going to sign it. Then we caught him walking up the fairway with really no one else around. His caddie says "Get over there and sign that kid's picture" He casually walks over to the ropes and once he sees the picture he smiles and signs it. At this point people noticed he was by the ropes and they run over to try and get an autograph but he just signed my picture and went back to his round. I was pretty damn giddy after that.

totU9dAl.jpg

Sorry I know this was long winded, but these are awesome memories that will stick with me forever.

Those are cool memories. I would have loved to have met Payne. Really enjoyed watching him.

Definitely my custom made shaft from the #HandCraftedExperience

All because of THP
dougcpg.jpg

Of course the 2014 Trophy and special ball marker as well.

IMAG1206.jpg

SM14.jpg

The latest addition to the bag...my 2015 GBB. Without this wonderful place and the great people I've met here...none of those pictures (or friends and memories associated with them) would have been possible.

1f15d056a761ae6785a7ed3d22834299.jpg

Received these 2 my senior year of high school in an area junior golf tour. Shot a 75 for the one on the far left and a 78 on the one far right. Golf was so so hard for me took 8 years to break 80 when I was younger. Ironically they happened in the same year during 2 separate tourneys. Will always hang onto these. Not only for great memories and great scores but an accomplishment of never giving up at this super hard game

Won many other awards in my career , but these 2 will always be my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to update my answer.
0fa506ebf8e62704e82504eec89352be.jpg

Love it dude. So glad that our Gauntlet creation lived up to the hype for people. To us the Major Series was the epitome of what could be planned with time and a company that wanted to do the best possible.

That trophy is slick

More substantial than my MC trophy, that's for sure. They look great.

probably my st andrews divot repair tool with ball marker, and the shadow box my wife had made for me with all my st andrews paraphernalia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Scotty Cameron putter. I always wanted one growing up. The fact I can spend like that on a putter makes me realize I am doing alright on the journey of life..

Back