When Breast Cancer Strkes

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
Sorry to hear about it Johan. I hope everything goes well!

BigDill

PutPut Palace
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20.1 Grint
Pulling hard for you and your wife man. Hope she makes a full and complete recovery.

jbuck31

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Prayers for you and your wife Johan!
This disease has affected my family, my Mother and Sister in Law both. Stay strong, glad to hear they detected it early !

Reaction score
Handicap
low 20's
Sorry to read this but she'll be OK. I had the same issue with my wife 15 years ago. She went for her mam while I was at work. I got a call from her around 11AM saying that the Tech noticed a spot on her image and that it could be cancer. She was terrified and I became distraught on the phone speaking with her. I left work to comfort her. 3 days later she had her biopsy and it came back positive so he appointment with the Oncologist was set up. I went with her to that and cried my eyes out. I didn't want it to be in her, hell I've done way worse things than for my wife to be inflicted with this cancer. She was lucky in that it got detected very early so she only had a Lumpectomy, keeping her breast. However, after that surgery then CHEMO and Radiation. As you well know that CHEMO means she's gonna lose all her hair. Myself and a group of my friends all shaved our heads in support of her. Today she is CANCER FREE. It will be tuff sledding for you and her. Keep her spirits high and encourage her to keep her daily routine going. Her hair will grow back, hopefully she will have a Lumpectomy but if it is a Mastectomy, then remind her that she is still a beautiful woman. Prayers to you and your Wife.

gkeller813

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Prayers for you and your wife Johan. Glad to hear the prognosis, and hope it continues to be good news for you both!

golfinnut

In search of a new OEM!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Prayers for you guys! ?? Hope all goes well! You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers

NullNomad

1/2 Wandering Bear
Reaction score
Handicap
work
Prayers and positive vibes, this one hits close to home for me. From Mrs Nomad and myself, we say F*CK CANCER!!!!!

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Did my mother in. Contracted 1st in 1972 at 32 with 4 kids under 15.
They didn't do lumpectomy back then. I can still remember that day that my Dad told me about my mother's condition and operation.
It would go into remission and then come back.
I can't even begin to tell you have technology has change in almost 40 years.
When my family hears these stories of early detection, we would say that my mother help those after her survive.

I hope only the best outcome for all of the families that this Cancer touches.

redneckwop

3G - God - golf - guns
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
CO high
Have had a few family members & friends fight this fight, so we are with you. Praying for you both. This is a tat I have on calf for those that are fighting & those that fought. Screenshot_20200214-102515_Facebook.jpg

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The words and prayers mean the world to the two of us. God is so kind to offer so many supportive friends.

God bless everyone.

Amen

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
All the best to you and your wife.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in