When Does Your Season Start?

Typically April for me. I have a league that starts the 1st or 2nd week of April.

The first range usually opens in late February when the long range forecast has little new snow. Earliest I've golfed a course is March 28 (day before my wife's birthday; she was happy it was that day bc she knew I'd golf even with the broken leg on the 1st day!). Usually shortly after The Masters. Last year mid may, and course wasn't dry until June.

As soon as the courses open up, snow or not if the course is open I will play. Usually end of February, beginning of March.

Late March/Early April. Can sometimes find a course or two open in early April if the snow is gone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is high season, but rain has really beat up the courses. Usually high season is from early December to mid-April.

Mid march if we're lucky otherwise april is pretty common

As early as mid-March pending weather in Michigan for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late March/early April is when the season typically starts around here.

This year my season started on March 13th, and my last outing was on Nov 18th. But the temperature is suppose to reach 55 on the 26th of Dec, so who knows. Any time the temperature reaches 55 or better is golfing weather for me.

In a few weeks when I head for Arkansas.

Mid march

The courses are open year round here but I don't average more than a couple days a month golfing until the end of March when the good skiing is usually over around here.

Here in the Bay Area golf is always available and there is no off season as far as handicap posting. Having said that Californians are real wimps when it comes to weather. A 20% chance of rain will scare all but a few away and what they call rain, most of you would call a drizzle. We're more likely to have weather delays from fog than frost. For we die hards this means tee times and fast rounds are readily available this time of year. Our men's club will have their first event in January and their last event in early December. But most leagues, tournament and group outings will run from March/April through September/October around here.

If we have a typical winter up here in Boston usually late March/April. We've been lucky with mild winters the past 2 years though and was lucky enough to get out on Christmas Eve and New Years last year. Might be doing some Christmas Eve/Christmas golfing again this year depending on the rain that's going through the area.

Like some guys from the sunny states, in the Philippines golf season never ends. With trying to play once a week, it's never that great. It usually picks up March to May with probably twice a week once in a while.

Living in FL I guess it never ends but I do take some time off in the winter. My part time job is snowboard instructor so that takes up a lot of my playing time in January / Feburary. I still get to play 1-2 rounds the. But it's mostly all about the snow. It's great to get almost 50 days of snowboarding when living in VT. And still play golf the same week.

March some years, April most years.

Living in FL I guess it never ends but I do take some time off in the winter. My part time job is snowboard instructor so that takes up a lot of my playing time in January / Feburary. I still get to play 1-2 rounds the. But it's mostly all about the snow. It's great to get almost 50 days of snowboarding when living in VT. And still play golf the same week.

Glad you threw that last line in there. I was trying to figure out where you could snowboard in Florida.

In NY it was generally April thru October for me but I'd sometimes stop when the NFL season started. My obsessions don't seem to like sharing space.

Here in NC, I'll play straight through the year but limit play during the worst of the summer. I just can't take oppressive humidity.

In my mind, it officially starts in March. But it never really stops here, I Just play less because of weather. Going to play tomorrow... it will be a bit wet and Californi-cold (low 40's).

Back