Where Would You Move if Money Was No Object for Golf?

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
I see lots of folks talking about "the season" for golf. So where would you move if money was no object? :call-me:

Hideaway, I so I could play in the Grandaddy as a member!

Probably back to the Myrtle Beach, SC area. Ton of good courses in pretty close proximity and can play year round.

Dubai or New Zealand/Australia

If I was staying in the USA it would be Myrtle Beach. If I won 50 mil I think Nevis or Belize or some other Low traffic Island with a nice course.

I could live at the four seasons on Nevis.

If I was staying in the USA it would be Myrtle Beach. If I won 50 mil I think Nevis or Belize or some other Low traffic Island with a nice course.

I could live at the four seasons on Nevis.

Yeah...you're the only one who could live at the Four Seasons Nevis! LOL!

If MONEY was no object, or being a member was no object?

augusta-national-golf-club-office.jpg

I'd move to Panama and buy a house on Santa Maria Golf Course...a Jack Nicklaus design. He has another 4 or 5 in the Country as well. And my wife is from there...we can all dream.

Money no object, I don’t think there is anywhere in the U.S. that I would want to live year round. Outside of Hawaii, it would have to be 2 homes to keep the weather ideal for golf year round.

My wife and I are planning on retiring to Naples Florida from about late October through early/mid May and to our lake home in northern Minnesota for the summer. Collier County in Florida has the most golf courses per capita in the U.S. and the 7 golf courses in N. Minnesota near our home are simply amazing. Just as important, both places have great fishing and boating. That will leave us with about 300 days each year with lots of sun and temperatures between 70 and 85 degrees. We will have to suffer with about 30 days each with temperatures above 85 or below 70, but I think we might enjoy those cooler and hotter days!

It's Hawai'i for me.

I would buy a mansion at Pebble Beach and then enjoy the best collection of golf courses in the world. All IMO of course.

Hideaway or AZ golfing is amazing

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hawaii. Next question.

Money no object, I don’t think there is anywhere in the U.S. that I would want to live year round. Outside of Hawaii, it would have to be 2 homes to keep the weather ideal for golf year round.

My wife and I are planning on retiring to Naples Florida from about late October through early/mid May and to our lake home in northern Minnesota for the summer. Collier County in Florida has the most golf courses per capita in the U.S. and the 7 golf courses in N. Minnesota near our home are simply amazing. Just as important, both places have great fishing and boating. That will leave us with about 300 days each year with lots of sun and temperatures between 70 and 85 degrees. We will have to suffer with about 30 days each with temperatures above 85 or below 70, but I think we might enjoy those cooler and hotter days!

Tell me about Naples! My mother-in-law lives there and we have played many fine courses! Good move!

Another person moving to Hawaii - now all I need to do is win the lottery

I would buy a mansion at Pebble Beach and then enjoy the best collection of golf courses in the world. All IMO of course.

But you would be playing slow rounds with mediocre greens at best, IMO.

I would just stay in Florida.

But you would be playing slow rounds with mediocre greens at best, IMO.

Question: Why is golf about the only recreational activity whereby folks want to "get it over with?". When I go hiking, play tennis, or mountain bike, I'm not counting how long the activity takes.

I'll stand guard while you take down the trees on the right of 11 and move them to 17 where the Eisenhower Tree was.

I'm equating money=membership

Other options:
NC (Pinehurst area)
Los Angeles (LACC/Riviera)
San Francisco (SFGC/Olympic/Cal Club)

If we could get rid of winter here, it's the metro NY/NJ area hands down.

Question: Why is golf about the only recreational activity whereby folks want to "get it over with?". When I go hiking, play tennis, or mountain bike, I'm not counting how long the activity takes.

I wonder about that too.

Michigan in the summer, Florida in the winter. I can’t do California!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I'm sure many of us thought that, but the thing is, money doesn't mean anything to that place. They've got more than they know what to do with. Maybe, just maybe you could buy the club and turn it into THP HQ.

Because it’s easy to find a great private golf course where I can play 27 holes in 4.5 hours rather than 18 holes. Waiting a few minutes or more to hit each shot on a golf course makes as little sense to me as waiting in line at a ski resort. Both are a waste of time and can be easily avoided. I never want to “get it over with”, in fact I had a dozen days last year where I played 36 or more holes. This year I plan on having 25 or more glorious days out on the course where we play 36 or more holes.

I don't prefer speed golf, but I like a reasonable pace where I don't have to wait on the groups ahead of me. Plus if you finish quickly, you can get another 18 in!

I think I'd have to say either Myrtle Beach or somewhere in FL. Hawaii would be great if the politics didn't screw it up. No way I'd live in a state that blue by choice though.

Back