Which 2021 Driver for You? Why?

I think if I can get a little more penetrating flight and rollout without losing the accuracy I will be happy. After hitting the Fujikura Motore X F1 the feel from the shaft is very similar to my Project X Eevenflow T1100 so that should be similar. I want the reduced spin of the RADSPEED and I will probably stay at 10.5* loft. I don't want to deloft since I think the RADSPEED will be lower spinning than the B21 by a little bit.

One thing noted from demo'ing the RADSPEED is that the head is super stable feeling. Even out on the toe it has a really powerful feel and I was seeing consistent distances with it which is huge for me. I only drive it 220-230 so I can't be giving up much distance on misses.
I love hearing this, and can't wait to try the Radspeed as soon as the doors open over here. The B21 was going to be looked at very hard indeed this year, and is likely that I would have ended up with it based on feedback but it sounds like the Rad is doing everything you need it to do. Just a case of whether the XB or standard is the one for me, I've never seen much results from purely draw biased drivers and am doing a lot of work on the swing to cut the slice out, so here's hoping. How do they sit at address for you? I had a few issues with the Xtreme sitting open for me, and whilst I think it was possibly my imagination, it took a lot of confidence away.

I had dreams of upgrading into a Custom Callaway Max LS but had a setback and will have to stay in my Epic Flash for the year. Will be looking instead for a new or used good quality shaft that can give me get improved distance and tighten up dispersion. My Flash has been pretty good for me the past 2 years so maybe the right shaft will give her a needed boost..

I think if I can get a little more penetrating flight and rollout without losing the accuracy I will be happy. After hitting the Fujikura Motore X F1 the feel from the shaft is very similar to my Project X Eevenflow T1100 so that should be similar. I want the reduced spin of the RADSPEED and I will probably stay at 10.5* loft. I don't want to deloft since I think the RADSPEED will be lower spinning than the B21 by a little bit.

One thing noted from demo'ing the RADSPEED is that the head is super stable feeling. Even out on the toe it has a really powerful feel and I was seeing consistent distances with it which is huge for me. I only drive it 220-230 so I can't be giving up much distance on misses.

Your distance in right in my wheelhouse but I've yet to hit RADSPEED......can you give me quantitative feedback on it vs other drivers?

I've hit tsi2, G425 LST, Epic max LS for reference and now trying OG Epic with good success

Your distance in right in my wheelhouse but I've yet to hit RADSPEED......can you give me quantitative feedback on it vs other drivers?

I've hit tsi2, G425 LST, Epic max LS for reference and now trying OG Epic with good success
I was seeing very similar distance to what I see on course from my B21. Hard to tell without getting on a course and seeing, but I felt like it was probably a lower launch. Spin was pretty good for me at around 2900 average on the 9 or 10 drives I hit. That's quite low for my swing. I have never hit the B21 on a monitor to know where it sits. I have not hit any other new drivers this year.

2 of ? contenders have arrived!

3A689E89-833B-4DCC-939B-E2E92CF7CACB.jpeg

As of this moment Tsi2 and the reason is a fitting I did for it.

I'm sure much like other years I'll end up with a couple others as the year progresses.

My driver fitting is supposed to be on Thursday (weather permitting). Hopefully my swing will be in order, and I look forward to seeing what works best.

Still playing the Sim Although i did change out the Shaft

Stupid high tees at the Trackman place and I crowned my F8+. It’s an old friend that’s up to the task. Even got him a new GD Tour AD DI shaft.

I still haven’t had the heart to check the real damage. It might be ok. I can be full head in the sand when I don’t want to deal with something.

So tentatively the F8+. I’m not sold if it’s ugly and beat. I’ve got ugly and beat

I can’t get by the Turbulators no matter the performance on the Ping line. I’ve got an Epic Flash SZ 9* head. That’s probably my best bet. But the heart can be won in more ways than one. I still like my beat to hell M1 430 5.5* Tour head. I can play it at 3.5* and attack upward as much as I want (usually my best results).

Last I knew a very competent tour club builder with a 125ish CHS still recommends the M1 430 as the longest head he’s ever played. Monkey track the weights, front and center both.

If I was a gambling man, I’d say it will be Epic speed, ZX5, or RAD. I’m thinking dispersion after a fitting will be the big determination after a fitting.

TEE C721 will definitely get a chance.

TSi3.... I liked how it looked.

I keep adding drivers to the throwdown. :oops:

I keep adding drivers to the throwdown. :oops:

Soooo many great options. This has to be a golden era in golf gear.
There seems to be no bad choice.

The three I’ll be testing are these and the Mizuno ST-Z. It’s time to find something newer than my 4 year old Epic SZ.
I’m throwing in the ST-X myself, and hopefully the C721 as well, super curious about that. But the EXS Pro is ready and waiting for all challengers. 👀

Soooo many great options. This has to be a golden era in golf gear.
There seems to be no bad choice.
Lots of truth to this. I think every company but maybe one has a driver or drivers I would put in the bag, and ironically, that one is a brand that I’ve been a big homer for, for years.

TSi3.... I liked how it looked.
I thought the same thing. But have ended up with the TSi2 just for the added forgiveness (y)

Samesies....

but that TSi3....

Titleist finally having caught up in speed and distance makes me happy. The TS line was close, the TSi are there.

Samesies....

but that TSi3....

Yeah that classic Pear shape :eek: It's the best looking head design since the 975D back in the day IMO (y)

I mean....these are fighters....

E2DAB946-D76A-4A9F-A108-9DC74A38712B.jpeg5270D1FB-6198-4C4E-8F00-26318E466A4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back