Which Pete Dye Courses Have You Played

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With the recent passing of the course designer legend, Pete Dye, I thought it would be interesting to see which courses THPers have played & which was your most favorite?

For me I think Ive only played one of his course, with that being French Lick. Talk about a course!!! So fun and challenging!

Oak Tree National is my favorite.
Dye came back a few years after he finished and apologized for #3 because even he found it so Dyeabolical.

Dye came back a few years after he finished and apologized for #3 because even he found it so Dyeabolical.

Oak Tree National, I’m insanely jealous on that one sir.

Southern Hills Golf Club in Brooksville
TPC Sawgrass Stadium
TPC Sawgrass Valley
Harbour Town Golf Links
Medalist Golf Club
PGA West Stadium
Port Royal Golf Club - Robbers Row

I live near Oak Hollow in High Point NC and play there frequently. Also near me is The Cardinal which I have played several times and is quite tough. Played Prestwick CC in Myrtle Beach 4 or 5 times.

Pete Dye made the world of golf better and he will be missed.

Kiawah Ocean Course
Ruffled Feathers
Dye Course at Colleton River
Tamarack
River Course Blackwolf Run

Last edited:
Just the Hideaway. I'd love to play Oak Tree, that looks like an amazing course.

Sraights course at Whistling Straights.
Black Wolf Run.

oh man talk about jealous!!!
Oak Tree National, I’m insanely jealous on that one sir.

Southern Hills Golf Club in Brooksville
TPC Sawgrass Stadium
TPC Sawgrass Valley
Harbour Town Golf Links
Medalist Golf Club
PGA West Stadium
Port Royal Golf Club - Robbers Row
I need to start hanging around you when we move to Florida. That’s quite the list.
Just the Hideaway. I'd love to play Oak Tree, that looks like an amazing course.
I knew I would see a few posts with this course.

I need to start hanging around you when we move to Florida. That’s quite the list.

I mean you should do that anyway, but yeah every once in a while I play a pretty nice course haha. Friends in low places sometimes!

Sraights course at Whistling Straights.
Black Wolf Run.
Whistling Straits is a bucket list course. Had to be surreal. Was it everything it’s cracked up to be?

Wintonbury Hills GC CT
TPC Louisiana
Bulle Rock GC MD
Rum Pointe GC MD
Las Vegas Paiute - The Wolf
Las Vegas Paiute - Snow Mountain
Las Vegas Paiute - Sun Mountain
Barefoot Resorts - The Dye Course - SC

Those are all Pete Dye (some were collabs) Dye Design courses. There is another PB Dye design that I played but did not list

I've played three:

Black Wolf Run
The Dye Course at the Hideaway
The Dye Course at Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney, TX where I was a member for 10 years or so.

If you play Dye courses enough you begin to understand and appreciate his design philosophy.

Pulled up Pete's list from his website (https://www.dyedesigns.com/course-list/)

Here's my list;
TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF CLUB LOS ANGELES
ACKERMAN-ALLEN COURSE AT BIRCK BOILERMAKER GOLF COMPLEX
KAMPEN COURSE AT BIRCK BOILERMAKER GOLF COMPLEX
LAS VEGAS PAIUTE RESORT - THE WOLF
WHISTLING STRAITS - STRAITS COURSE

RIP Pete. Boiler Up!

La Quinta Mountain, PGA West Stadium, Carmel Valley Ranch, Bartley Cavanaugh, Southern Hills, Royal Hawaiian, Des Moines CC, and all four of the American Club course in Kohler.

Whistling Straits was my favorite and best course I’ve ever played.

None but there are a bunch I would love to play

Whistling Straits is a bucket list course. Had to be surreal. Was it everything it’s cracked up to be?

A bit surreal honestly. Whistling Straights club house and the course for that matter seemed as it had been there 100yrs. I tried to just slow down time and take it all in. Given it was late October. 40° with a North wind. It just didn't seem to matter.

A bit surreal honestly. Whistling Straights club house and the course for that matter seemed as it had been there 100yrs. I tried to just slow down time and take it all in. Given it was late October. 40° with a North wind. It just didn't seem to matter.
I can only imagine. When I lived in Michigan I wanted to plan a golf trip to play Arcadia Bluffs then take the boat across the lake and play Whistling in Day 2.

I can only imagine. When I lived in Michigan I wanted to plan a golf trip to play Arcadia Bluffs then take the boat across the lake and play Whistling in Day 2.

Looking back at the club house in #9 fairway of the Straights course.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1578847825859.jpg
    FB_IMG_1578847825859.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3
Only one that i know of TPC Sawgrass as a guest in 1986

I have played 14. My fave is Ocean Course Kiawah

Hope to play Carmel Valley Ranch soon. That would be my first.

Back