Enjoying some Wayne Gretzky No. 99 Red Cask.

61AE7A3B-6002-46A1-A8DA-5888D8768FBE.jpegCheck out this rocks glass I got for Father’s Day!

Lately I've been partial to New Holland Artisan Distillery Beer Barrel Rye.

Got these as a Father's Day gift from my kids. They totally surprised me with these. They are Ashcroft Aztec Scotch Whisky glasses.

20200621_223452.jpg

My son got me two diamond glass whiskey glasses for Father's Day. Can't wait to try them out.

cracked open a Widow Jane lucky 13 and a Balcones Texas Rye last night. Both were good but the Balcones was quite the flavor bomb. Super smooth, i was able to drink it neat which is rare for me. Big caramel bomb on the front pallette moving to big coffee bomb mid way and a strong smoke finish on the way down.

Was getting real low on AA Juice, so made a run to the local fermentation parlor. Came home with these three beauties.

20200625_142850.jpg

Did you like this? Side note, Balcones is out of the Texas Bock. Hate that I only have 1/2 bottle left now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite thing balcones makes. I think I'm up around 15 different bottles right now. Texas bock might be #15.

Yeah, it's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite thing balcones makes. I think I'm up around 15 different bottles right now. Texas bock might be #15.
So send me the Texas Bock and then you'll be down to 14....problem solved

So send me the Texas Bock and then you'll be down to 14....problem solved

It'll make a great distracter when people come over and want to try something. 👍

SM trailblazer blend
SM brujeria
Blue corn bourbon
SM french oak
SM single barrel
SM juntos
Rumble cask reserve
SM high plains
SM one
SM peated
Mirador
Brimstone
Wheated bourbon
Rye cask strength
Pot still bourbon
White rum
Texas bock

17🧐

SM trailblazer blend
SM brujeria
Blue corn bourbon
SM french oak
SM single barrel
SM juntos
Rumble cask reserve
SM high plains
SM one
SM peated
Mirador
Brimstone
Wheated bourbon
Rye cask strength
Pot still bourbon
White rum
Texas bock

17🧐

Mr Balcones for the win!!!

Opened the Tomatin 18 last night. I've never been a big fan of what they call "sherry bombs" in single malt scotches. But I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of this 18 year old. Very smooth taste to it. alc.gif

Look what I found in a store today:
D5E040BF-8841-4EC3-8B8F-C89C3232D841.jpeg

Drinking some Walking Stick bourbon neat. Very nice. Supposedly uses a Buffalo Trace mash.

Little Old Fashioned with Makers while I catch up on Alone. Prost!

That Old Fashioned didn't hit the spot. Definitely wasn't my best drink I've ever made. So to fix this, I've moved on to Makers straight on the rocks. Can't go wrong with a straight pour of whiskey.

Enjoying some Johnnie Walker Red tonight. It's not my favorite by a long shot and probably won't buy it on my own. This was a gift and it's been sitting in my cabinet for a while.

Drinking some Walking Stick bourbon neat. Very nice. Supposedly uses a Buffalo Trace mash.
Interesting. I had to google it because I'd never seen or heard of it. I think it is more likely to be produced at the Barton 1792 distillery in Bardstown right now. It is definitely a Sazerac product but I've never heard of anything from the Buffalo Trace distillery being sourced out for other labels so I was curious. Stuff coming out of Buffalo Trace since the bourbon boom has been in great demand.

Their label permits list all of the Sazerac owned distilleries but the "principal place of business" is listed as DSP-KY-113 for one permit in 2014 (Buffalo Trace) and DSP-KY-12 (Barton 1792) for another in 2017.

Back