Finishing off the last pour of Eagle Rare tonight while watching college basketball.
Too bad you’re in the far north. I’ve got two bottle and a couple Blanton’s to crack open.

Oh My God Omg GIF

Having a sip of this tonight. In addition to my Maker's Mark Ambassador tour on Saturday I'll also be doing a Hand Picked tasting at Limestone Branch as well.

IMG_0380.jpeg

A fresh crack celebrating getting home earlier
1000006089.jpg

20240403_203349.jpg

*not as good looking as the old fashioned being served currently at Victoria National.

It's those small ice cubes that break a good OF, get one of those clear ice molds.. the better taste may just be placebo effect, but they sure look better
I have better molds. They weren't ready and I didn't want to wait.

*our fridge died and we just swapped it last night. This ice is from our ice maker.

I have better molds. They weren't ready and I didn't want to wait.

*our fridge died and we just swapped it last night. This ice is from our ice maker.
Ah, gotcha. Well still, a decent OF is still better than no OF

Cracked a 10 year old Russell's Reserve Single Barrel pick from Kroger I got in Covington a few weeks ago. A fantastic pick. Might be one of the top 5 out of the 20+ Russell's barrel picks I have.

Hope it was good my son gave me a bottle for my birthday yesterday .

image.jpg

Interestingly enough, I only add a drop or two of water to scotch but very rarely ever bourbon.

I think the only times I've ever added water to bourbon was when something was a really high proof and drank really hot. I only added the couple of drops to take the edge off and try to get some more flavors to come out. it could be all in my mind but I feel like water actually changes scotch more. Maybe its because a lot of those seem to have more complexity from the used barrels they come from.

I never add ice. It's not for me but I don't judge people who do. I always relate a story I have sitting next to an owner of the Peju Winery at a dinner at the vineyard. She put ice in her glass of her own wine and leaned over to me in her eastern European accept and said "Don't ever let anyone tell you how to drink your wine. You drink it however you want to."

When we were in Italy to attend a food and wine convention and visit various suppliers, the guy who functioned as our "tour guide" and translator would pour a half glass of white wine and then fill it the rest of the way with mineral water. He would simply say, "It is my beverage."

I’m in love with the Ben Holliday Bourbons
Try the Red Soft Wheat. It’s awesome
I had it. My buddy sent me a sample bottle. It's outstanding! This is the only bottle I can get near me.

I’m in love with the Ben Holliday Bourbons
Try the Red Soft Wheat. It’s awesome

I had it. My buddy sent me a sample bottle. It's outstanding! This is the only bottle I can get near me.
I just got my 2 bottles of the 18 barrel blend the Bourbon Lore group did with Ben Holladay that I ordered and it is fantastic. 118 proof and probably the sweetest nose I've ever gotten off of a high proof bourbon. I really want to find the Rickhouse Proof Soft Red Wheat but it's not available in Ohio yet.

Good haul today (In CA). Does it seem like some bourbons are getting easier to find?

IMG_2400.jpeg

Back