Yesterday's addition, my first bottle of 1792
1000005476.jpg

What would you order:
image.jpgimage.jpg

IMG_2962.jpeg
Got this from a whiskey subscription. A little different but pretty good!

Another addition
1000005489.jpg

Grabbed another bottle of Representative, we absolutely love it, and 40 bucks makes it even better.

Also grabbed a Good Times finished in Tokaji, it jumped in the basket.

I don't understand people who mix whiskey with some water, in my opinion whiskey should be drunk neat
It's a different experience. Adding a little water opens up the flavors in different ways. I typically add water in the form of a large clear ice cube but will also try a new bottle of taster neat, with a drop of water, and ice. There are some whiskeys I would only ever drink neat and others only with water. Figuring it all out is half the fun (and an excuse to pour just a bit more)

I don't understand people who mix whiskey with some water, in my opinion whiskey should be drunk neat
All of the tastings I have been to at distilleries they always say the same thing. If you buy it you can drink it any damn way you please.

1.5 hours in traffic = bartender making it a double
1000005496.jpg

With the 1792 full proof, went straight to my head

Last edited:
Even some of the makers discuss how water opens it up. It’s a normal way to drink it.

But, it should be enjoyed however someone wants, no wrong way imo.

Personally I like mine at that estimated 35% , 1:30 mark or so

Neat > ice cubes, but for cocktails like an OF that one large ice cube is clutch

IMG_6333.jpeg

All of the tastings I have been to at distilleries they always say the same thing. If you buy it you can drink it any damn way you please.

I read a bit ago about one of the Van Winkle's being in New York City and ordering a Pappy's mixed with such & such with an ice cube. The bartender set the drink in front of him and said, "It embarasses me to serve you this whiskey in this way!" Van Winkle asked why, saying that it was how his Dad taught him to drink bourbon, and it was how his Grandad taught his Dad to drink bourbon. He then extended his hand and said, "Hi. I'm Preston Van Winkle and my family makes this stuff!"

The whiskeys that are non-chill filtered really get a nice syrup feel when some very cold water is added.

Some whiskeys are just too hot for the occasion and adding a little water to the 135° Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof is necessary.

The whiskeys that are non-chill filtered really get a nice syrup feel when some very cold water is added.

Some whiskeys are just too hot for the occasion and adding a little water to the 135° Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof is necessary.
I had a bourbon the other day and when I put it on ice, it clouded up. Looked nasty. Never iced again.

I had a bourbon the other day and when I put it on ice, it clouded up. Looked nasty. Never iced again.
Get better ice. 🤣

That's the natural vegetable oils in the distillate. When they cool, the get cloudy. When a whiskey is "chill filtered", they cool the whiskey and run it through a fine mesh filter. This makes sure when the whiskey is cooled, it stays smooth.

Some people enjoy that syrupy texture.

That's the natural vegetable oils in the distillate. When they cool, the get cloudy. When a whiskey is "chill filtered", they cool the whiskey and run it through a fine mesh filter. This makes sure when the whiskey is cooled, it stays smooth.

Some people enjoy that syrupy texture.
It’s interesting that you use the word syrupy. It was bourbon that was aged in Maple Syrup Barrels.
IMG_2180.jpeg

Back