Damn, if I would have known this was coming I would have held off. Just bought a SLDR TP...

Damn, if I would have known this was coming I would have held off. Just bought a SLDR TP...

Lucky for you there is the SLDR guarantee. You can get your money back and buy a white one. ;)

Rocketing it from the hosel!

I like the option. Just wish they would have offered it a bit sooner. Either way for those who like this club but preferred the white driver look of years past, this should make them happy.

I like the option. Just wish they would have offered it a bit sooner. Either way for those who like this club but preferred the white driver look of years past, this should make them happy.

Staggering crown color releases is dumb to me.

I wont say whether its true or not. Im not in a position to speak on that right now. What I will say, is that I am a big fan of choices. Also a big fan of color choices. Just am not a fan of a company releasing color choices at different times. Give consumers choices. Dont make them choose and then release another and make them choose again.

I am fine with them releasing special editions or something like that for the US Open, etc. However, I generally agree with this. I would have been a little upset if I had shelled out money for the R1 last year, only to see the black one come out a few months later, if only because the R1 was certainly a busy looking driver, and doesn't appeal to everyone aesthetically.

looks great

I agree with JB here. Choice is good, but not giving the buyer that choice from the start is lame.

To me this practice is actually quite obnoxious.

Also agree. I am actually a fan of the white and am psyched to see it, but how long now till they release a black SLDR head?

Yeah that's fine, whatever. I like the looks of the original SLDR myself, but sure some people might dig white better. But I do agree with JB, if they're going to do it in white then do it in white from the word go. Don't release it later like the black R1, that kinda bugs me.

This feels dirty to me. Just adds fuel to the fervor against Taylormade.

I suppose it's possible there are guys who were pondering skipping the SLDR in hopes that TM would release something with a white crown. I think it may also be timed so that people who own an R1 white or a Rocketballz Stage 2 and were pondering an upgrade to start the season to get an SLDR in a crown that already suits them.

I loved the white, then I loved (still love) my Black R1.. I like the different colors. Now show me a black SLDR!

2 things I think of are either they are trying to breathe some fresh air to a product that has been out for some time now(compared to the other 2014 drivers). Also perhaps the not seeing white on the TV is hurting their driver sales. Who knows, I don't like the timeframe either.

2 things I think of are either they are trying to breathe some fresh air to a product that has been out for some time now(compared to the other 2014 drivers). Also perhaps the not seeing white on the TV is hurting their driver sales. Who knows, I don't like the timeframe either.

I do agree. This feels reactionary.

all white crown might intrigue me...but with the current SLDR design or really any other design like they've had in the past....no thanks

It just fuels the hate fire. Feels like a money grab.

Every driver release from every company is a money grab. None of them are non-profits.

Every driver release from every company is a money grab. None of them are non-profits.

Fully understand that. Not my point. My point is that it feels like a tacky way to boost excitement.

Paint won't help the forgiveness for us mortals.

I really like the grey finish on it now, don't see a need for the white.

Doesn't make any difference to me. I like the white, it won't make me buy the club, but I'm sure there are a few who may look at the SLDR a little closer now who are playing older model Taylormades.

Of course they're all for profit corporations. But introducing a new driver very shortly after the previous (best, longest, most forgiving, greatest ever) driver has to make you stop and think. Kind of amazing to come through with a huge technological breakthrough within a short time of another huge technological breakthrough. Kinda different from a more traditional cyclical refresh, no?

The color issue is one thing (I love the ___, but wish it were offered in ____"), but bilking consumers by producing the second coming, only to produce the second second coming shortly thereafter, well, that's a little bit cash grabby...

Fully understand that. Not my point. My point is that it feels like a tacky way to boost excitement.

What's an untacky way to boost excitement? Cobra released 6 colors at a time. If they added two more (and they did double back and release a green BiO Cell, IIRC) would that be considered tacky? Or did their staking out the multicolored territory make it OK?

It's a preseason refresh, not unlike the R1 Black, IMO. The difference (to me) is that the black was liked, whereas the white (and the abandonment of the white is better mantra) is generally not liked.

I think the Matte Silver from the mini SLDR would look good

Of course they're all for profit corporations. But introducing a new driver very shortly after the previous (best, longest, most forgiving, greatest ever) driver has to make you stop and think. Kind of amazing to come through with a huge technological breakthrough within a short time of another huge technological breakthrough. Kinda different from a more traditional cyclical refresh, no?

The color issue is one thing (I love the ___, but wish it were offered in ____"), but bilking consumers by producing the second coming, only to produce the second second coming shortly thereafter, well, that's a little bit cash grabby...

I will preface this by saying I am not at liberty to speak about future products in this case.

That is not what TaylorMade is doing. They have not said a thing about this or any other driver. If this were to come to be, it would be no different than the R1 black release, which was NEVER marketed as being better than a previous product. In fact said directly to me that it was the same product and offered a choice for those that preferred a different color.

Back