White socks only?

The quirky traits of private clubs (golf and non-golf) are not explainable in a sane, logical way. But, I guess they think they need something to separate them from everyone else, ala, "That's our thing". It sure beats gets a frat logo branded to your arm or shoulder back.

Rich people are called eccentric. Not rich people are called crazy.

Saw a sign at a course I played at recently saying if you wear black shoes, you have to wear white socks. That could be potentially heinous.

White socks only?

Never heard that one.

Socks always match primary shoe color for me.

My socks always match the color of my pants. Unless I'm wearing THP green socks.

When wearing shorts, socks match the color of the shoes I'm wearing--but I wear no-show socks with shorts anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure I'd want to play a course that took such a vested interest in what color socks I was wearing.

Only white socks? Sounds dumb to me.
Golf socks get dirty. White socks do not stay white for very long. I have worn white socks but prefer dark/black socks.

That's a good one. I wear white socks no matter what pants/shoes I'm wearing with the exception of sandals. LOL

People check other people's feet to see what color socks they are wearing?

Don't people have more important things to do?

I have never heard of the white socks only rule either

As I only have the one pair of golf shoes (white/orange Amp Cell Fusion) I tend to wear black socks if I am wearing black trousers, or if I am wearing my light grey trousers I will usually wear white socks as black ones don't match either the shoes or trousers

If I was wearing shorts (not much chance here in the UK), I would more than likely wear socks that were the same colour as my shoes (or as close as possible to them)

Back