Who are the Most Famous People that Went to Your High School?

Try as I might I can’t think of a single famous person. I have seen a few on the front page of the local paper after being accused of a heinous crime.

NASA Astronaut William G. Gregory and Famous model and actress Kim Alexis

Going to an ALL Boy Catholic school doesn't give my school as many options, but we did have two PA house of representatives (Michael McGeehan and John Sabatina) as well as one pitcher then-manager Joe Kerrigan graduate from my High School.

But, they don't compare to the Callaway Hillbilly here on THP ;)

Some guy named Mike Sheflin went to my high school, Notre Dame high school in Batavia, he went to fame and glory by earning the MVP in the 2016 Granddaddy!!!!!!!!

Picture from golf practice 1978, and picture from 2016 Granddady 38 years later!!!
49cd2b4dade5449d5809248b9f0dfede.jpg
35adc87b1badc64320f17e7faaff56e6.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I went to school with Chase Blackburn (Giants,Panthers) and Holly Sonders (name has been changed)

I went to school with Chase Blackburn (Giants,Panthers) and Holly Sonders (name has been changed)

That’s cool Blackburn was a heck of a linebacker for the Giants.

Mike Williams. Top 10 pick NFL Bust of the Detroit Lions. Great HS career and a great year at Southern Cal before he went the Maurice Clarrett route of trying to get into the NFL that backfired.

Wade Boggs as well.

None from my high school to my knowledge. Randy Moss and Jason Williams, point guard for the Sacramento Kings, were one year behind me in high school at a school probably 20-30 miles away. It was amazing watching what those two could do together on the basketball court and watching Randy in football and track.

Now, with that being said, we had many from my class and other classes that have joined the military and served their country. That, IMO, is far more important than fame.

Mike Williams. Top 10 pick NFL Bust of the Detroit Lions. Great HS career and a great year at Southern Cal before he went the Maurice Clarrett route of trying to get into the NFL that backfired.

Wade Boggs as well.

Woahhhhhh you can't just throw in Wade Boggs at the end like he's an add on

giphy.gif

Jefferson Forest High School, Forest VA

Anthony Poindexter (played for the Ravens when they won their superbowl) and now coaching at a college somewhere

Jake Grove- played line for the dolphins and texans i believe.

thats all I could think of and all that wiki states. The other schools in the county/area though have a few

To my specific high school, I can't think of anyone, but my town has 4 so from the town we have Todd Frazier, and that chick from coyote ugly.. probably some others but that's off the top of my head

Edit forgot Frankie Edgar from my hs- I tried out for wreztling with him and quit the next day haha

Others- demiti Martin (comedian) is actually my original priests son.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not famous but notable as per wikipedia:

Bruce Altman*(class of 1973),*film*and*television actor

Skylar Astin*(class of 2005[citation needed]), actor, "Georg" in*Tony Award-winning musical*Spring Awakening, and "Jesse" in movie*Pitch Perfect[16][17]

Keith Bulluck*(class of 1995),*linebacker*for NFL's*New York Giants.[18]

David Carlucci*(class of 1999), state senator

Will Cunnane*(class of 1992),*Major League Baseball*pitcher[19]

Brittny Gastineau*(class of 2001?)[year*needed],*model*and*television actress.[20]

Mark Katz*(class of 1982),*speechwriter*for*President Bill Clinton

Alan Kirschenbaum*(class of 1979), television producer and writer

Chris O'Grady, left-handed pitcher for the*Miami Marlins

Adam Rodríguez*(class of 1993),*film*and*television actor, known for role as*Eric Delko*on*CSI: Miami[21]

Philip Rosenthal*(class of 1977), writer and*executive producer*of*sitcom*Everybody Loves Raymond[22]

Randi Weingarten*(class of 1976), president of*American Federation of Teachers*(AFT),*AFL-CIO, and former president of*United Federation of Teachers[23][24]

They need to update with Mark Fergus from my class of '85. He wrote the screenplay for the first Iron Man movie and Children of Men.

He also wrote and produces one of my favorite TV shows ever, The Expanse. Funny, it was long my favorite before I ever learned he was behind it.

Was a really good guy back then, all the best to him.

Ive got one that everyone here will know of: Steve Stricker.

Rafer and Jimmy Johnson. One is a gold medal winning decathlete and the other a member of the NFL Hall of Fame and yes they are brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary Livingston or Sayde Marks best know as Jack Benny's wife on the sitcom. Few other actors Harris Allen which was on HBO channels for many years and Avan Jogia, on ABC and Nickelodean. Jewel Staite which has been on Are you afraid of the dark fame and many other movies and sitcoms. Joshua Jackson also an actor. And no other then Mr. Deadpool himself Ryan Reynolds. Some others but not notable

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

you know the voice but not the name - Mauro Ranallo

Evangeline Lilly would probably be the most "famous"

Oprah Winfrey went to my high school

Calista Flockhart - played Ally McBeal

Not famous, but a kid my mom taught in preschool who lived down the street from us went to Syracuse and was in the Final Four. We live in a super small town, so nothing really exciting ever happens to anyone, so that was fun to hear about and follow.

Then he is one of my favorite people. I was at SU during the Final Four.

Me. Wait you said famous and not infamous right?

Not one that I know of. Went to a "cow" country school. Graduating class was 48. I'm sure we've had some D1 athletes although I'm not aware of any. Lee Owens was our football coach at one point, he coached for the bunckeyes later in his career and is currently a D3 head coach for Ashland University, a pretty good team. We did have a kid get drafted in the late late rounds for the MLB but he never made it past single A before he fizzled out.

My kids school is slightly larger and they've had a mid level major leaguer (who is very private so I won't mention his name) who played pro ball for about 10 years mostly as a middle reliever. We coached the kids youth football team together for several years. He's a pretty darn good golfer as well. I think he was on this site a few years ago. I'm sure they've had others but he's the only one I know of.

Meredith Wilson who wrote the musical "The Music Man"

Kyle Gass ... and I believe that tops any list other schools can put together.

rage kage??? pretty freaking awesome. love the d :)

I don’t recall anyone famous from my high school. Few really good college football and basketball players but none went on to play pro. Closest thing I have is the next town over where Thomas and Julias Jones are from which we played against in high school football.

Back