Who are the Most Famous People that Went to Your High School?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Kind of fun to see people that went to your high school grow up and become nationally or even internationally known - or just known to rock a microphone...(Sorry, child of the '80s. Had to be done.)

Any notable alumni from your high school? For me:

High School - Bellarmine Prep. Tacoma, WA.

Notable alumni:

Jon Lester - Pitcher
Kyle Stanley - Golfer
Avery Bradley - NBA
Casey Calvary - Gonzaga basketball player. Hit shot in 1999 to beat Florida in tourney. (As a senior, I helped coach the freshman high school basketball team. Matched up against him. He dunked on me. Hard.)
Pat Galbraith - former #1 in world in tennis (doubles).

The only two I've ever talked to at length were Calvary and Pat Galbraith. Both are very cool guys. Haven't met the others.

I think TexasHacker has this category sealed up. Just wait for it.

From when I was there (same graduating class), it would be Kerry Wood (MLB pitcher).

From My High School:

- Jordan Spieth

Then a big gap:

- Ryan Cabrera
- Josh Bell (Baseball Player)
- Reggie Stephens (Football Player)
- Kenny Cooper (Soccer Player)

Small town school, our biggest graduate is probably Joe Cocozzo. He was a 4 year starter on the OL at Michigan in the 90's, and then started at left guard for the Chargers as a rookie the year they went to the Super Bowl.

A lot.

Current head coach of Auburn football coached there including me my freshmen year.
About a dozen NFL players (including current Browns LB)
3 Olympic Medalists for swimming
5-6 Actors in national spots, broadway and TV
About 20 MLB players
Miss America from my graduating class
2-4 pro basketball players

If we drop down to players that played at D1 schools there would be literally hundreds in all kinds of sports.

A lot.

Current head coach of Auburn football coached there including me my freshmen year.
About a dozen NFL players (including current Browns LB)
3 Olympic Medalists for swimming
5-6 Actors in national spots
About 20 MLB players
Miss America from my graduating class
2-4 pro basketball players

If we drop down to players that played at D1 schools there would be literally hundreds in all kinds of sports.

20 MLB Players?! That's awesome dude. I have had 2 and should be a 3rd by the time this season is over.

Josh Donaldson is the only famous person, really. Couple of football players signed to play for a SEC/ACC schools, but they didn't pan out.

Well because of this thread I just found out a girl I went to high school with (Molly Beckwith) is now a professional distance runner that recently won gold with team USA. Look at that haha.

Take the meaning of "famous" how you want haha, but here are some of the notables I guess.

actresses Maggie Grace and Rachel Harris.
actor JK Simmons was in my moms class. Also actor Jack Plotnick
NFL players Gary Berry (played for the packers for like a year or two) and JR Nichols (not sure he ever saw much of the field)
Troy Perkins is in the MLS
CBS news anchor Dana Tyler and ABC anchor Claire Shipman

Last edited:
20 MLB Players?! That's awesome dude. I have had 2 and should be a 3rd by the time this season is over.

It was considered a baseball school. We had 2 that got the call from my graduating class (McLellan bros) and only played in the majors for a season or two. Minors for about 10 years. One I am still friendly with.

I forgot about tennis. How could I forget about tennis. There have to be 10 that went on to play professionally from school. The school had a tennis academy where they only went to school until noon and then trained for tennis until 5pm.

Not a single person. My friend from elementary school is the guitarist for a national rock band though, so that's something lol.

Damone Brown - NBA, went there with my brother who was a couple years ahead of him

All the members of Joe Public, where there my freshman year. I met the uncle of two of them while I was in the navy

I guess I'd have to go with Tim Sherwin. He was an NFL tight end with the Colts and Giants. He's also my best friends uncle.

Anyone else noteworthy from my tiny high school, is likely known for bad things as opposed to good.

There have been a bunch of people who have gone on to make it in entertainment and sports but I kind of figure if I have to explain what they've done then they aren't famous. So I'll go with Ronnie Hillman. And for my die hard Lions fan friends, Dan Owens.

Probably Rod Langway, NHL hall of famer. Well before my time, but I think his HS jersey is on display in the HoF.

I'm not sure there's anybody from mine. Baseball freaks might know the name Garret Nash but that's probably about it. Some of our cross country members have run with team USA for a while, most notable is Miles Batty. Other than that, can't think of anyone

My high school will be Cody Reed. Pitcher drafted in 2nd round by the Diamond Backs.

Phillip Rivers is from a neighboring school

Lincoln Northeast High School, Lincoln, NE

Wisconsin AD, Barry Alvarez used to teach driver's ed, actually taught my mother in law!
MLB pitcher Joba Chamberlin
Bob Kerry, US Senator
I think there was another senator from colorado who attended LNE, the list isn't too long!

So we had the girl who became Ms. Elizabeth the wrestling wife of Randy Savage and later died way to early. She was from a really nice family.

It was considered a baseball school. We had 2 that got the call from my graduating class (McLellan bros) and only played in the majors for a season or two. Minors for about 10 years. One I am still friendly with.

I forgot about tennis. How could I forget about tennis. There have to be 10 that went on to play professionally from school. The school had a tennis academy where they only went to school until noon and then trained for tennis until 5pm.

Sounds like what IMG Academy does with every sport. "School" part of the day, training for the rest.

Nobody famous from my school, but from schools close we have the Jones brothers (Jon Bones, Arthur, Chandler) and Thomas Tull (Legendary Pictures CEO).

Because of county politics and the consolidation of many smaller schools into larger "regional" or "county" schools, I went to several different schools between 8th grade and 12th grade. All of which were located in my hometown. Confusing, I know. It is for me and I grew up here. All of these people are from my hometown school system, lets put it that way.

Frank Beamer - Virginia Tech football coach.
Ed Goodson - MLB player for the Giants, Braves and Dodgers.
Tom McKnight - Champions Tour player. Beat Sergio Garcia in the 1998 US Amateur semi-finals and lost to Hank Huehne in the finals.
Bobby Dodd - Moved to Kingsport TN in 8th grade to play football at Dobyns Bennett High School and later, the University of Tennessee.
Kylene Barker - 1979 Miss America.
Roni Stoneman - Hee-Haw cast member.

Mark Dixon is the current high school football coach. He was a starting OG for the Miami Dolphins from 1997-2003.

Oak Hill Academy is located in my county as well. We are spoiled to some of the best basketball talent anywhere.

Sounds like what IMG Academy does with every sport. "School" part of the day, training for the rest.

Nobody famous from my school :(

IMG was not around like it is now when I was in high school, but its only about an hour away now.
Many of the schools in FL have programs like this though.

hahaha I don't have a clue nor do I care what 'famous' people went to my US high school. That's pretty funny. Eff that place.

Lots of pro hockey players roll through my old Canada high school. I guess that's cool.

Back