Who is the best villian actor?

1680053983320.png

James Spader in pretty much everything.

Anyone who can make Iron Man don knee pads to pay off a crack debt is an evil MFer.

Boris Karloff, Bella Lugosi.

My thing with Rickman and Oldman is that they also play so many good guys too. I know Curry isn't exclusively a villian but it seems like it.
You're not wrong.

But playing Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK, Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula, Norman Stansfield in Léon The Professional, Drexl Spivey in True Romance, and Zorg in The Fifth Element is a pretty good villain resume for Oldman.

You're not wrong.

But playing Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK, Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula, Norman Stansfield in Léon The Professional, Drexl Spivey in True Romance, and Zorg in The Fifth Element is a pretty good villain resume for Oldman.
Oh for sure. But him as Sirius Black and Commissioner Gordon warm my heart too much to think of him in a devious manner lol

Oh for sure. But him as Sirius Black and Commissioner Gordon warm my heart too much to think of him in a devious manner lol
Dammit he's a good actor.

Great in the two episodes of Friends.

If you have Apple TV, Slow Horses is a great show and Oldman just chews up every scene he's in.

Dammit he's a good actor.

Great in the two episodes of Friends.

If you have Apple TV, Slow Horses is a great show and Oldman just chews up every scene he's in.
I don't have Apple TV but I have my ways
... I'll check it out!

Yea, his villian in the Patriot is top 3 of my most hated characters (cause he does it so so well.)

Like Hans Gruber I don't hate and he is a great villian

I HATE Tavington
Dude was SUCH a dick in that movie. When he finally got what was coming to him, you kinda wish it didn’t kill him so he could just keep kicking the crap out of him a bit longer.

Great villain acting, honestly. When you can make people despise your work decades later, you pissed them all sorts of off.

Anthony Hopkins on Lecter alone but he was the weirdest creepiest Hitler I’ve seen.

Dude was SUCH a dick in that movie. When he finally got what was coming to him, you kinda wish it didn’t kill him so he could just keep kicking the crap out of him a bit longer.

Great villain acting, honestly. When you can make people despise your work decades later, you pissed them all sorts of off.
Jack Gleeson as King Joffery fits that mold. That poor guy has spent most of his life with people hating him.

Tim Curry is great... can't really argue with it. Jack Nicholson was great in everything, but Batman and The Shining have him pretty high up in the vilian rankings, and I would go Michael Shannon. Zod in Man of Steel, Van Alden in Boardwalk Empire, White Death in bullet Train and a few others I am not thinking of at the moment.

Ben Foster as Charlie in 3:10 to Yuma.

DiCaprio in Django. Table scene one of the greatest moments on film.

Would have to go with more of a character actor from way back. Doubt many remember William Smith. He was also the best built actor as well.

Christoph Waltz
This guy would stop in the middle of torturing someone to grab a bite to eat.

Powers Boothe was always a son of a b*tch in most things he was in...

Last edited:
YyZwaWQ9QXBp

YSZwaWQ9QXBp

Danny Trejo gets my vote

Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith
Gary Oldman in The Professional
Denzel Washington in Training Day
Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet
Tim Roth in Rob Roy
Jack Gleeson as King Joffrey
Lena Headey in Dredd
Lena Headey in GoT (probably the best)
Tom Berenger in Platoon

And a special mention of Chris Evans in Grey Man

And so many I can't remember!

I don't think any single actor is a great villain, I think sometimes a great actor is given a villain role that has real meat to it, and they do it right.

Let's throw Juaquin Phoenix in Gladiator out there as well.

Tobias Menzies is a guy you just love to hate. Has a very punchable face. Plays Black Jack Randall in Outlander and Prince Phillip in The Crown.

Ben Foster as Charlie in 3:10 to Yuma.

DiCaprio in Django. Table scene one of the greatest moments on film.

Foster plays another villainy western character in Hell or High Water....which is a really great movie. Though he's more of an anti-hero in that i suppose

Back