Who makes the best wedges in golf right now?

Who makes the best wedges in golf RIGHT NOW?

• Titleist (Vokey)

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Taylormade

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Callaway

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Cobra

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Mizuno

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Ping

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other and I'll explain why below.

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
This might be a 2 or 3 part poll collection towards a greater discussion -

Every company has their style, the features they push, the options they offer, the direction they've taken recently, etc etc. When you put it all together, whose are the best iyo?

Personally been bagging Vokey since he was at Cleveland

I like Vokey and Mizuno. I also like the TW grind TM.

I really think it depends on the golfer. I'm in the CBX family because I suck. Put a PM grind in my hand and I'm a dead man. To someone else, it's a magic wand.🤷‍♂️

I went from Vokey to Callaway Jaws Raw. Second best equipment move I’ve made, with the first being going to graphite shafts.

I like Vokey and Mizuno. I also like the TW grind TM.
This is highly non-committal. 😆

I didn't ask which you liked. I asked who you think make the best right now?

I chose Mizuno. But i feel, without evidence, that then one brings forward a successful change, most seem to follow in a similar manner, this i suspect several are very very good V

I really think it depends on the golfer. I'm in the CBX family because I suck. Put a PM grind in my hand and I'm a dead man. To someone else, it's a magic wand.🤷‍♂️
But I'm asking you. Do the CBX solve your suckage in a way no other wedge does? Does that along with their player options make them the best in your opinion? It can. There's no wrong answer.

When I think wedges I think Vokey first. I guess for the overall market I’d say Vokeys are the best because I think of them as the one everyone is trying to beat. I’m bagging Edel because I think they have something more to offer me.

Probably not but my play isn't so pure that I imagine gains by getting Edels or similar for $$$
Okay, this is going an interesting direction. So you think they're probably not the best but play them out of loyalty or habit or whatever reason. If they're not the best, who makes what you imagine are the best right now?

I chose Mizuno. But i feel, without evidence, that then one brings forward a successful change, most seem to follow in a similar manner, this i suspect several are very very good V
I think that's true in some ways, but overall they're fairly different across brands. And they don't always go the same direction on things/trends at the exact same time.

Haven't tried Vokey, but I've played Callaway, Cleveland, and Cobra, in the past. The Edel SMS wedges have easily surpassed them all for my game. I had to change the way I play because they stop so much more quickly than I was used to.

Okay, this is going an interesting direction. So you think they're probably not the best but play them out of loyalty or habit or whatever reason. If they're not the best, who makes what you imagine are the best right now?
I don't really know. But from what I can surmize from various blogs and such Edel seems top of shelf right now.

Ok Mizuno
cheering on the ultimate fighter GIF by UFC

Now why?

Vokey, the S grind is my jam.

But I'm asking you. Do the CBX solve your suckage in a way no other wedge does? Does that along with their player options make them the best in your opinion? It can. There's no wrong answer.
To this point, yes. The CBX checks all the boxes for me. I am intrigued by the Callaway CB wedges, as they fit in that category and I'm a Callaway fan boy but, for now, the CBX is perfect for me.

I used to DREAD having a wedge in my hand. That ended when I put the CBX wedges into play. I've played every iteration of that wedge since it's inception. At some point I've got to get better at that end of the bag so that I can move on......

Voted vokey...like their soles and grinds best. It took me awhile to try them because i was always looking for "forgiving". Took me years to realize that the thinner the sole is the better it works for me. The forgivness wedges just made golf harder for me with the wider soles. I also think the head weighting with vokey is the best. Cleveland,cally, and especially tm can feel a little head heavy to me and i dont like it.

Thinking about this, I don't really think there is a best of the best. I think it's more of a comfort decision for the individual golfer. Perhaps price might be part of that comfort level.

I play Tour Edge wedges. Have played them for 3+/- decades. Do I think they are the best of the best? No, I just believe they are as good as any other brand available. In other words, I wouldn't play any better with any other brand.

When I think wedges I think Vokey first. I guess for the overall market I’d say Vokeys are the best because I think of them as the one everyone is trying to beat. I’m bagging Edel because I think they have something more to offer me.
So you're Edel but associate Vokey to best. Surely not alone in the latter. Do you think the rest are trying to beat them in sales? Ingenuity? Options? Performance? What?

Cleveland IMO. The performance is just better than the Vokeys I replaced.

I don’t think there is a wrong answer. Everyone makes good wedges, it all comes down to preference. Sure some have more options with grind and looks can be different but all perform well enough, I don’t believe one stands out above the rest

For amazing feel. Mizuno.
For shotmaking. Mizuno again. X Grind is a flop shot dream machine.

Back