Who makes the best wedges in golf right now?

Who makes the best wedges in golf RIGHT NOW?

• Titleist (Vokey)

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Taylormade

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Callaway

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Cobra

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Mizuno

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Ping

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other and I'll explain why below.

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
What do Vokeys do different than what other cast wedges?
Look pretty...that's worth something,
4135af736e156d4a4d7478ead4ef218f.jpg

I know this might not be the answer anybody wants...

A blade wedge is a blade wedge. Other than finding the right bounce and grind, there's nothing really differentiating them, for me anyways.
we just won’t agree on that and that’s okay. For me, with both the Cleveland ZipCore and Edel allowing more weight towards the toe of the blade wedge has been a game changer for me.

I've just really enjoyed my Edel's.

I think there are lot of great wedges.

we just won’t agree on that and that’s okay. For me, with both the Cleveland ZipCore and Edel allowing more weight towards the toe of the blade wedge has been a game changer for me.
I haven't played either. I haven't played Cleveland in years. But with the TMs, Nike, Hopkins (remember them), Cleveland, Vokeys, Callaway, and Wilson Staffs have all felt the same and performed as well as my skills allowed.

I have T22 and I would say they are great quality.

This is true! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! There is no one best, but what a person prefers, like a brand, a grind, or just the look of a certain wedge. Me, I am brand faithful, because I will only play Cleveland wedges. Been playing them since I started playing golf. Read about Roger Cleveland, and how he only made wedges for Tour pros when he started making clubs. I have believed that is the history, and that the 588 design is the benchmark by which all modern wedges are measured. It's a shame he is not at the company with his name on it anymore, but when I look at these wedges, I can see his influence in them! I carry in my bag 3 CBX2's, at 50*, 54*, 58*and a CBX Zipcore at 46*. I am a high capper, and these wedges help me feel confident every time I pull them out of the bag, for chip shots around the green, or for a fairway pitch, or out to 110 yards from the green. I was using the 900 series "form forged" wedges from about ~2008(?). You could tell instantly if you made a bad stroke on a ball just by the feel. The CBX's feel the same, just slightly muted. The "micro" grooves help my ball to check up, when struck correctly. I have never regretted playing Cleveland wedges...

Are forged wedges even used on tour? Are the Vokeys and MGs used on tour forged? I'm sure tour pros can get them, just don't know how common they are.

Are forged wedges even used on tour? Are the Vokeys and MGs used on tour forged? I'm sure tour pros can get them, just don't know how common they are.

No clue honestly. I just know the feel of vokeys have a completely different feel than jaws and jaws have a totally different feel that an edel etc. And the ones that feel "hot" to me, are no good for my game.

I haven't played either. I haven't played Cleveland in years. But with the TMs, Nike, Hopkins (remember them), Cleveland, Vokeys, Callaway, and Wilson Staffs have all felt the same and performed as well as my skills allowed.
Not idea your skill level, but if not strong with wedges have you ever dabbled with something more forgiving or tech forward than the typical blade wedge?

Cobra Snakebites

Going to have to have a serious bag battle next year between the RTX6 (or maybe a new Cleveland wedge!) and my Edel wedges. Both are just fantastic.

I have not tried many on the list. I liked Jaws when I played it in 2019 and I love my Edel wedges I play now and voted “other” and the moveable weights are a great idea.

I hit the Jaws MD5 inside and they felt great and I am also intrigued by the Callaway CB wedge having played Cleveland CBX2. I just can’t vote for something I haven’t spent time with outside by the practice green.

Not idea your skill level, but if not strong with wedges have you ever dabbled with something more forgiving or tech forward than the typical blade wedge?
I'm fine with blade wedges. Not skilled enough to intentionally hit certain parts of the face on a given shot.

Back