Why do I want a Scotty Cameron putter?

One, once, 2nd hand Newport something & re-sold to fund something else.

I don't understand the allure, they seem to be an expensive store line brand with a really expensive exclusive line for collector looneys or Tour Players only.

I’ve always wanted one too. I share all the same sentiments. However, I love my Seemore way too much to switch. I would also actually look at Toulon before I strongly considered a Scotty.

I’ve always wanted one too. I share all the same sentiments. However, I love my Seemore way too much to switch. I would also actually look at Toulon before I strongly considered a Scotty.
I have a few SeeMores, they will never get the boot completely.

And, if I did get one, I doubt it would be my every day gamer.

I've had quite a few Scottys over the years. The best were either early carbon or the 2008 - 2012 Studio Select line.
I've burned through three in the Phantom line up w/o success.
Current one is an 11.5. made everything in the store 3-25ft. nothing but burnt edges in real life.
Tried a 5.5 for 8 rounds last year, failed as well. I forgot the other model that lasted one practice session becaus I hated the feel.
All 3 my specs except loft ( I like 4-4.5*)
My Bettinardi's are mo bettah!
Hell, even my HB Soft is better.
But, it's your $$, spend it how ya like. Hope ya find one that works for ya!

I can definitely understand wanting to have one to have one. I have the same affinity for Toulon!

I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

I don't understand the allure, they seem to be an expensive store line brand
They are now in line with most other top line putters. 429-449
AI Milled 449
Betti 449
Spider Max 449
Ping PLD 449
Enroll 429
TM Reserve 399

I never really thought about buying one because of the price. I was on vacation back in November and rented clubs. it was an all Titleist bag including a Scotty Cameron. I had 29 putts in the round. I know I just had a really good stroke going that day but it could have been the putter, right. Now I’m trying to really talk myself into buying the same model.

I got custom fit for a Scotty at a PGA Superstore. And it was a very nice putter. But it wasn’t any better than any other putter I’ve owned. Currently playing an EVNROLL ER2 and I love it. Putters are like that. When you know you know. Price and brand have very little to do with it in my opinion. Play what puts it in the hole.

Get a Cleveland HB Soft Milled and don’t look back.

I love the look of the Scotties, but never wanted to dole out the $ for one. There is a 2ND Swing near me and I rolled a few gently used ones. I left with a gently used one.

You should, too.

I love the look of the Scotties, but never wanted to dole out the $ for one. There is a 2ND Swing near me and I rolled a few gently used ones. I left with a gently used one.

You should, too.

I’ve had 4 used ones and you can generally get out of trouble for as easy as you got into to it.

IMG_4858.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unlike most, I do not see them as the pinnacle. For me, it's one brand i have never owned, and now I am intrigued.
A friend offered to sell me his like-new Futura for $150. I played it for one round, gave it back to him and said 'no thanks'. Scottys have always struck me as nothing more than a status symbol.

Good chance the best putter I’ve ever had is a SC Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant, I’ve had a bunch of putters. Probably should find another one. Don’t have to get a new one.

You buy this yet? :/

I bought my first Newport 2 because, well, I wanted a Scotty too. I loved it. Then I found a good deal on an open box Newport, so I snagged it. Came across an older used Newport 2 that was marked down pretty low had some dings in it, so I got it at a great price. Browsing eBay one day I found a 2009 Studio Select brand new, so I bought it because I really love the bottom of that particular putter. I just bought a Phantom X 5.5 but it came with some damage on the face so I’m returning it. I’m not opposed to trading or selling a couple at some point, but as of right now I’ve got 4 not counting the Phantom.

If you still have the itch, buy one. I suggest if you are spending that much get fitted to make sure you get the right model for your stroke. I’ve had several and now down to two that I’ll keep.

gotta be honest, really don't want, nor need to get one. sorry but I'm really not interested in them.

gotta be honest, really don't want, nor need to get one. sorry but I'm really not interested in them.
There in lies the problem, I don’t need one either. But, there’s always the want for more.

Back