Why do you feel a affinity for a brand or person

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
Reading the the responses for Tigers new apparel brand and his previous Nike
ranges …

we align ourselves with someone or article and then become critical
When they move to another ?

Are we so locked in / or attached that we become critical / take umbrage or lack acceptance? Of that move

From my view , l note that many like the way things were , not as they will be . Or be different to what was …

I don’t care what company’s stuff a guy wears or plays. They could switch every week if they wanted to.

I think it’s the logo. It’s unusual and quite different than the old one.

I mean, from a product standpoint generally, an example I have is for the longest time I only bought Oakley sunglasses, they lasted the longest, if a frame broke they always replaced the frame, i tried others and never got the fit or quality.

I am 98% oblivious to such matters. Did something important happen?

I don't need an answer. I follow certain players, but rarely am aware of who their sponsors are.

I think it’s the logo. It’s unusual and quite different than the old one.
It’s SO bad.

Egregiously bad.

I don't care what brand someone goes to, I do care about the look at quality of the product they are endorsing when it comes to purchasing that product. I really dislike the new logo and the making Sunday two words. Knowing that the logo is going to be predominantly shown on everything and I can't stand the look of it, I'm not interested in the brand.

It's no different than knowing that every Nike polo I purchased in the past had problems with the collars once washed. So I eventually stopped buying Nike polos, or knowing that Travis Matthews tends to be on the run more "fitted" than other brands and as a fat guy I'm out on that due to comfort.

I agree with others: the logo is a miss.

Im a massive fan of Jason Day, so obviously I now like Malbon apparel. Going to start wearing some parachute pants.

I don’t see it any different than people wearing other “team” sports apparel, except that there is only one person on the team.

I had hopes for Tiger's new brand. I'm not a Tiger fan, but appreciate what he has done for the game overall.
I think the actual Tiger logo looks neat.

I just don't understand it overall though.
Call it Sunday Red. Why? Because I always wear red on Sundays. Done. Easy explanation.
Sun Day Red? Get lost.

Own it, release a bunch of Red gear. Red hats, shirts, hell shoes if you want.

Brand affinity wise? I don't know that I have a preference. I wear what I like the looks of, can handle the price of, and get obtain easily..... that usually means Under Armor.

Once I find a brand that "fits" or works, I'll stick with it until the continuing quality craps out.
I don't like to "pay" for a logo. I don't like logos to be dominant. because I mix brands in shirt/pant/shoe. oh well.
I'll wear my Mizuno hat as a dominant logo. I try to stay agnostic otherwise but still buy "team" apparel once in a while.

I have affinity for brands that go out of their way to make me feel like they want me to play their gear. One specific OEM has gone above and beyond. But I would gladly play all 14 from any of the OEMs.

I don't feel an affinity for any brand. As far as clothes go, I buy what's on sale, and as far as clubs go, I purchase what works best.

I've never been a follower in golf stuff. It never matter who, or why something was being hyped. I might look at a product being hyped, but it better deliver gold before I endorse it for my own use.

I have my favorite brand of trollies, clubs, and golf balls. I settled on these brands after checking them out, and finding they delivered the quality I was looking for.

As for golf specific clothes, and shoes? That's just not my thing.

Huge Abe Ancer fan here and I bought a good number of Black Quail shirts last year. They're nice and everything, but I started to buy more Greyson Clotheir now.
That is because I really like the GC style over Black Quail.
I have to admit I bought BQ as a fan boy lol, but I love GC polos and quarter zips now.

The Sun Day logo looks like a skeleton puma. lol

Style, quality, affordability are my key preferences.
Now, you can layer in opposing social values as another which are a deterrent to me, along with slick marketing, poor customer service.

I have a few go to brands, and a few I 100% wont look at.

For clothing the most important part to me is fit and style. I like a certain style of shirt which is generally a small subtle pattern and it needs to not be slim fit or too long to wear untucked. I'll wear any brand that fits that description. Differentiator would be price, sale me that shirt for $40 instead of $100 and I'm buying it for $40.

Shorts I'm different about. They have to fit right and be a certain quality. I generally will buy the same shorts in a bunch of colors once I find one I like regardless of price.

I don't have to spend time wondering what to buy. All the stuff out there is good. If you stick with the brand you know, you never second-guess a purchase.

It’s SO bad.

Egregiously bad.
I read or saw something somewhere that said it looked like a Slazenger knock off and now I can't unsee that.

I like Tiger's new line... Price will dictate whether I buy any of it, though. I like to spend my $ on clubs and shoes... JDay switching to Malbon is just a whole other thing, tho... He just looks shabby and out of sorts in their clothing. Yuck.

Back