Wide Blade Putters

I suspect I might like/swing my mallet better if it had either a plumber neck or double-bend hosel. I'm going to try swinging a SeeMore Si3 with a plumber neck hosel at my LGS.
I used to not give that stuff any thought, believed it was mostly huey and related to personal preference. My putter fitting at the Grandaddy told me otherwise - the double bend is the right putter shaft for me. So yes, if you can't get a proper putter fitting at least experiment with the other types to find the shaft that works best for you.

I used to not give that stuff any thought, believed it was mostly huey and related to personal preference. My putter fitting at the Grandaddy told me otherwise - the double bend is the right putter shaft for me. So yes, if you can't get a proper putter fitting at least experiment with the other types to find the shaft that works best for you.
Great comment, and one that I've wondered about multiple times. Never had a fitting, so really wonder which one is the right fit for my game. Good to know there is a right putter shaft.

Have this Bettinardi SS28 in the rotation..

BF535C23-672D-4E67-BE55-AFE456FEF963.jpeg

I've been playing a Scotty Squareback 1.5 for the last 5 or 6 months now. Coming from a Directed Force, it actually looked tiny.

Had it for over a year now, impulse buy. Friend at the club had an earlier version, I actually had no idea that wide blades existed. The look intrigued me and within a day or two, I ordered mine.

Was love/hate from the start. Experimented with back weights but inconsistency was a hallmark, weights or no weights.

But then I changed my stance, just moving a little closer in getting my eyes over the ball and everything changed in an instant. Suddenly I saw the line so much better and the Scotty started rollin' it like a champ.

I've ridden it ever since, still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I haven't putted great every time out of course but I haven't putted this consistently well overall for a few years now.

You could say I'm a fan...

IMG_0002.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg

All of these have their place, but focusing on the Sik since I was recently fit for it. If it works out I'll probably have my two face balanced Bettis adjusted to match.

Had the Double Wide Stroke lab for a season and loved it, currently have the Las Vegas, though keeping my eye for DW on CPO but being a lefty those are harder to find. Also been looking at the Evnroll ER2 Midblade

I have a Chicago and a Newport 2 Squareback...

The Chicago beat out a Garage Columbus (Notchback) out of my bag this year, and I’m not sure what could knock the Chicago out at this point.

That is the Fleetwood, the shape that the Piretti Matera is based on.
I remembered you saying that you had a T.P. Mills, upon which the Matera was based. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

The Chicago beat out a Garage Columbus (Notchback) out of my bag this year, and I’m not sure what could knock the Chicago out at this point.
I love my Chicago Garage. It fits within the category of putter so well. Soft feeling, sets up so nice. I also have a Garage Columbus and know what you mean.

Can't wait to jump into this conversation. Have a Chicago on the way now from Callaway CPO. Excited to give it a roll, especially as I continue to hear so many good things.

I don't know whether it's considered wide at 1.6", but my SeeMore Giant M1t is certainly long with a 5.3" face length. It has seriously adjustable weights, and it has really helped my putting. Photo from a THP review, Giant M1t in front.

6 (800x450)

I game this that has a wide flange and have for a long time with great success. A Scottie Series 62

I love my Chicago Garage. It fits within the category of putter so well. Soft feeling, sets up so nice. I also have a Garage Columbus and know what you mean.

Chicago was the 1B option in my putter fitting. Waiting to see what 2021 has in store for Toulon, but I definitely want one.

Had the Double Wide Stroke lab for a season and loved it, currently have the Las Vegas, though keeping my eye for DW on CPO but being a lefty those are harder to find. Also been looking at the Evnroll ER2 Midblade
The Evnroll ER2 is seriously underrated, in my opinion. The one I have has such a soft, but yet dense feel, at least to me.

I play the Scotty Squareback 2.0 and love it now. Took some getting used to, but sure love it now.

I love love LOVE the Chicago. Never thought I'd care for a wide blade, but those things roll so smooth.

The Evnroll ER2 is seriously underrated, in my opinion. The one I have has such a soft, but yet dense feel, at least to me.

Good to know

I just picked up a Chicago off of CPO. And I'm waiting for the SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange to arrive - it's currently stuck somewhere in the postal system - original delivery date was last Thursday so who knows when it will arrive at this point.

From the little bit that I've played around with the Chicago today, I think it's going to be a winner.

I was heavily considering the M-Craft V when it comes out later this month, but now I may need to give the IV a stronger look.

I'm really pleased with my Odyssey Stroke Labs Black Double Wide:

IMG_2093-18pct.JPG

I'd been rolling a SeeMore Si5 mallet but wanted to try something different. @Canadan's Toulon Chicago give-away got me to thinking about a DW. Solicited recommendations here, that Odyssey was recommended more than any other, they had 'em discounted at CPO. Done.

I roll that Odyssey far better than I did my SeeMore mallet. I've even tried going back to my mallet. It now feels kind of clumsy in my hands.

That’s the exact one my kid uses. He loves it, it was the only way I could get my Circle T back so I could give it away, 😂.

For him it’s the best of both worlds. For me, I will only ever be comfortable with a blade.

Back