Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

null.jpg

An every-round occurrence here. They're so tame that they'll eat out of your hand and climb in the cart to steal your snacks when you're not looking.
That's awesome, he almost looks like he's wearing a mask waiting to steal your stuff when you step out to hit!

null.jpg

An every-round occurrence here. They're so tame that they'll eat out of your hand and climb in the cart to steal your snacks when you're not looking.

awesome picture, But wondering (and sorry for the ignorance) what that is? I'm thinking squirrel, looks like one but reason I'm hesitant to assume that is because of the black/white face. Up here in the northeast they are pretty much mostly all gray head to toe.

Deer are pretty common here, along with jackrabbits, and the occasional mountain lion, though I haven't been able to get a picture. Usually they're moving so fast all you'd get is a brownish blur anyway.

Yes, its a fox squirrel. We have them in all-black, all-white, gray, brown, and various combinations and shades :)

Yes, its a fox squirrel. We have them in all-black, all-white, gray, brown, and various combinations and shades :)

with that info, I can see some nice looking head covers....lol
But OK take it easy. Just a joke I do love animals,
I even get paired up with some in my foursome at times.
But really that is a cool looking little friend there.

I wondered what those were when playing in South Carolina. I think we called "racoon squirrels" because of the masked faces. I googled that when we got home but didn't really find anything.

What's odd is I don't generally see many of these anywhere else, but there's a tremendous concentration of them at my home course. Everywhere else, they are all solid gray and about half this size.

Played a tournament earlier down at TPC Louisiana saw some alligators In the water luckily I was down the middle if the fairway!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372606404.354331.jpg

Saw this fellow was not too far from me yesterday. Didn't seem too concerned about me.

Seen a smaller alligator in the middle of the fairway a few weeks ago. My buddys got the photo i'll get it from him. Probably a 4 footer.

I can't count how many times, I see those guys on the course. Just mind your own business and you'll be fine.

They are pretty common here on the coast in NC. Usually when you get as close as I was, they just back in the water.

venuna6y.jpg

I love those squirrels in MB. They look like little lemurs.

Living in the Sonoran Desert, we get some unusual wildlife... javelinas, bobcats, coyotes, rattlesnakes, gila monsters and other lizards, rabbits, quail, roadrunners, groundsquirrels, roundtail squirrels, chipmunks, scarlett tanangers as well as a wide variety of other birds. I even have a picture of a hummingbird perched on my cap that I had a buddy take with my phone camera. I have also seen deer, both muleys and whitetails. I haven't seen one, but several of my club members have seen a mountain lion!

Played in Tucson a couple years back and saw a javalina which I thought was going to charge me as I walked onto the green and then on the backside I pulled to the tee box and there's a father son twosome that were going crazy saying they had just seen a mongoose kill a rattlesnake. I didn't see the mongoose but the snake was torn up.

Played in Tucson a couple years back and saw a javalina which I thought was going to charge me as I walked onto the green and then on the backside I pulled to the tee box and there's a father son twosome that were going crazy saying they had just seen a mongoose kill a rattlesnake. I didn't see the mongoose but the snake was torn up.

I live up the road a ways from Tucson, and we get javalinas here in Sierra Vista. Though not many around the golf course. There's trash cans to be raided on the Army base, where they can't be hunted. Been stared down by those guys plenty of mornings headed for PT. Nasty creatures.

Did see a road runner the other day, though he took off before I could get to my phone. Played 9 on Monday between rain storms and got a crappy lie off a drive that turned out to be a bear track pressed into wet turf. Kinda intimidating.

I live up the road a ways from Tucson, and we get javalinas here in Sierra Vista. Though not many around the golf course. There's trash cans to be raided on the Army base, where they can't be hunted. Been stared down by those guys plenty of mornings headed for PT. Nasty creatures.

Did see a road runner the other day, though he took off before I could get to my phone. Played 9 on Monday between rain storms and got a crappy lie off a drive that turned out to be a bear track pressed into wet turf. Kinda intimidating.

I used to live west of Tucson in Three Points area. Tons of Prickly Pear cactus in the yard and at night when the fruit on them was ripe you could look out the back window and shine a flashlight and see a sea of red eyes on the javelina looking back at you.
We had to put up a 4ft. high chain link fence around the house to keep the dogs safe from them.
They are tasty little beasts though

Lotsa deer at my local course! During hunting season the owner lets me thin the herd a little!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Saw a couple gators on Panthers Run recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball theiving squirrels! Theres a couple holes where I usually play where its not uncommon for the little buggers to steal balls, even on the green. They fill up the magpie nests with them to chase them off. That and stash them in the tops of pine trees. Gotta watch out on windy days.

Ball theiving squirrels! Theres a couple holes where I usually play where its not uncommon for the little buggers to steal balls, even on the green. They fill up the magpie nests with them to chase them off. That and stash them in the tops of pine trees. Gotta watch out on windy days.

About a month ago I was playing with a long hitter... The 12th at Monterey Pines can be cut off if you have the legs to get over the lake (carry about 250)... He went for it and hit a wonderful shot, it landed on the green and stopped on the back side. We were all telling him what a great shot it was and everyone in the 4-some saw the ball sitting on the green. The rest of us hit our normal 5 irons to the bend in the dog leg (since we couldnt carry the lake)... Then after we hit our 2nd shots and approached the green we couldnt see his ball anymore. No one paid attention after it stopped on the green so we had no idea what happened to the ball. We spent about 5 min looking everywhere for the ball and never found it... To this day we have no idea what the he!! happened to that ball...

Gigantic hawk in the tree on the course today . Biggest one I've ever seen

There were some amazing fox squirrels on Calendonia, so cool, we fed this little guys some crackers!!!

Back