Will Bryson DeChambeau Win This Year?

• Yes

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 92 51.1%
  • What's a Bryson DeChambeau?

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters
I'm confused about how this phase of the playoffs to get a tour card work. Did he literally earn a card with the W or is it the case he's essentially guaranteed the card based on money/points?

I'm confused about how this phase of the playoffs to get a tour card work. Did he literally earn a card with the W or is it the case he's essentially guaranteed the card based on money/points?

A win ensures he's in the top 25 so he gets his card.

A win ensures he's in the top 25 so he gets his card.

Is that true for anyone that wins one if these 4 events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the top 25 who don't already have a card earn a card thru the playoffs and those with a card like Wes Bryan have the chance to improve their position for next season. So I believe that is the case for anyone who wins

Yep. A win is enough points to ensure a top 25.

I saw that even Andrew Johnston aka Beef is also trying to enter through this route.
I don't know how you get to enter web.com play off events if you haven't played any previous ones, seems a bit unfair to me on the regular players.

I cant believe that many people said yes to be honest. The odds of him winning are not great, I dont discount his talent, but winning on PGA tour for anyone is tough so for him go out there in only 8 trys and get a win... Tough sledding.

This guy nailed...just saying. I joke. I hope he figures it out this upcoming season. He has a lot of talent, but the numbers game might be messing with his game more then it needs to.

I said no way back when. I am honestly sad that I was right. But maybe the fight forward will be good for his game. I like his style. He doesn't just follow the trends or currently popular trend setters. Speaks to his inner qualities.

I saw that even Andrew Johnston aka Beef is also trying to enter through this route.
I don't know how you get to enter web.com play off events if you haven't played any previous ones, seems a bit unfair to me on the regular players.

DeChambeau and Johnston both qualified for the playoffs under the same rule...

• Non-members who have earned enough FedExCup points based on their performance on the PGA TOUR to place them 126-200 on that points list.

Emiliano Grillo qualified the same way last year.

He just did....

Took a year but he did it in style today. Now that he's locked up his card for another year maybe he can concentrate on playing golf now w/ the pressure off.

Really happy for him as he's rediscovered form.

Back