Will You be Flying Before the End of the Year?

In our first hand experience we have not seen this at all. We do see the news reports, but very different than what we have seen actually flying including no middle seats, every other row empty, etc.

This includes multiple airlines and 3 different airports.

Thx. I think the problem is the unknown -- I'd check the seating chart for the demand. I heard that Southwest was the only airline with a hard social distancing policy. Maybe not.

Thx. I think the problem is the unknown -- I'd check the seating chart for the demand. I heard that Southwest was the only airline with a hard social distancing policy. Maybe not.

American was fantastic and SW was good too although their boarding process was Uber awful during this.

I think it comes down to flights. If one is going from NY to LA (gawd help them) it’s hard to say. In our scenario we have not had more than 50 on a flight and had as littles as about 10.

With airlines where you get a seat, you can use the app for seating chart and see how full. SW doesn’t offer that at all so there is no way to know.

I’ve been vacillating between working and retiring for several years now. When I do work I travel 100% of the time. This situation has made the decision easy for me, no more travel. I lost my crap when someone was hacking up a lung 3 rows behind me before this situation, I can only imagine how I’d react now. As for leisure, I live on the course, my boat is docked 20 minutes away so I have everything I need for the time being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun trips except for the work part! Stay safe!

I'll miss COVID flying. No lines, empty seats, cheap prices. Although didn't do much of it, when I did it was peaceful.

So yes, I would fly if needed.
I am looking forward to it, but from what i can tell it is still really a pain to fly international and then come home. I have a hot deal in Peru but they have basically closed their borders and Brazil is starting into winter and the whole rona thing is not really deined very well and most are still staying at home.
The Caribbean is hit or miss and I can wait another month and see how flights open up. I have no desire to get sick and who knows how things are handled locally on some of the smaller Islands.

Reactions: J4U
American was fantastic and SW was good too although their boarding process was Uber awful during this.

I think it comes down to flights. If one is going from NY to LA (gawd help them) it’s hard to say. In our scenario we have not had more than 50 on a flight and had as littles as about 10.

With airlines where you get a seat, you can use the app for seating chart and see how full. SW doesn’t offer that at all so there is no way to know.

I will second this. I was with him for all this travel and it was exactly as JB describe. This is a picture from an airport, as you can see, it’s empty.

A76372D7-3D75-4564-BB8F-F5EE8685E367.jpeg

Now is the best time to fly. Who wouldn't want to fly on their own private 737!!

I had a flight book for Christmas to Philippines and Thailand and Malaysia but unsure what will happen before that with the airlines . Safety is key so if I have to cancel and put it off I will

Flying to reno in Augusta

Had no plans to travel this year but can always change but most likely staying around here.

Back