Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

It was a good day out there with Dave getting him some legacy prep in.

I played with him back in January just after he made it into this event and I can tell you that his game really has come a long ways. He still has work to do but after some long conversations today he knows where the focus needs to be moving forward. He's definitely put forth a solid effort so far and it shows on the course as compared to five months ago.

Keep up the work Dave including the mental aspect that we discussed today.
I've told you a few times already, but thanks again for the experience and the advice. I didn't play my best today, but you won't get off that easy next time. :act-up:

So this weekend ended up being a test to see where I was. I played 36 holes Saturday and 18 today. Temps were in the low to mid 90's here in TX, so starting to get a feel for some heat. I certainly have some areas that still need work, but there's still a lot of time for practice between now and the Legacy, and I'll be putting in that practice. The biggest positive I found is that even after 54 holes in the heat, I feel good. Never once did I bonk out because of heat or being tired. I let bad play get to me in my round today, but my endurance is right where it needs to be. All those nights of swinging golf clubs and the weekends of walking rounds are paying off. It's only getting hotter in Texas and I'll be walking more holes between now and then.

I hope Team Heritage is ready physically, because I sure as heck will be. Having a great golf game won't save you if you're dead on your feet halfway through the round.

I ended up finishing 7th in my Tournament after a horrendous day 1. Day 2 I played golf like I should and shot back up the leaderboard, even with a 9 on the card from a rules violation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

great come back Army, glad you were able to shake it off. out of curiosity, what was that rule violation? maybe we can all learn from it.

great come back Army, glad you were able to shake it off. out of curiosity, what was that rule violation? maybe we can all learn from it.
It's a long story and kind of embarrassing. I accidentally moved a ball at rest and then dropped it to its original location instead of placing it. Improper procedure - 2 strokes. If I had placed it back to its original location instead of dropping it would have been only a 1 stroke penalty for moving a ball at rest.

It's a long story and kind of embarrassing. I accidentally moved a ball at rest and then dropped it to its original location instead of placing it. Improper procedure - 2 strokes. If I had placed it back to its original location instead of dropping it would have been only a 1 stroke penalty for moving a ball at rest.

it happens to me sometimes, but just playing casual rounds, I dont call them much, good to know the right thing to do in that case though

it happens to me sometimes, but just playing casual rounds, I dont call them much, good to know the right thing to do in that case though
It just goes to show the importance of knowing the rules if you're going to play mini-tour golf. I learned a lot about golf, tournament golf, my game and myself this weekend and I have an ITCH to get back and try again. I know I can beat those guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I played a round this weekend with my dad. We were hoping to get on a course we had never played before, but a tournament prevented that. So we went to another course that I had played about 4 times before. It wasn't the best day. Irons weren't quite crisp. Pitching was a touch off. Lead to a lot of bogeys. I shot 89, which is roughly my average. But it felt so much worse than that. Maybe it was the heat. Maybe it was that it had been several weeks since I had an off day with the irons. But throughout the round, it felt like a total grind.

So now I've had a couple days to reflect on it, and there are some positives. It may have been an off day, but that off day gave me an average score. My misses are less severe. I never had worse than a double bogey, which is a first in awhile. I still shot an average round of golf for me. The main point of the round is that I have a new mental lesson to learn. That lesson is, even on an off day, I can score. I had taught myself patience on scoring. To not get wrapped up in fast starts, to just be patient and know the scoring will come. But I need to learn that on an off day, where the irons aren't just perfect, I can still make pars and birdies (as I had this weekend). I can't get upset that the irons aren't being hit in the sweet spot everytime. None of the scores on the scorecard bothered me, and now I need to learn that a less than perfect swing should not bother me, because I can still score with a less than perfect swing.

That's all. It's all Legacy prep, all the time in my mind right now.

~Rock

Just wanted to share some of the prep I am going through to prepare for the Legacy. Video is of the today's workout and what I am putting into this event to be ready physically.

Just wanted to share some of the prep I am going through to prepare for the Legacy. Video is of the today's workout and what I am putting into this event to be ready physically.

I feel like less of a man after watching that. Awesome job!

~Rock

In possibly related news, the Team Tradition Tour Bus/Monster Truck is missing one of its tires.

Holy crap dude! Your a beast!

In possibly related news, the Team Tradition Tour Bus/Monster Truck is missing one of its tires.

Win at any and all cost possible.

and I think Ive officially found my security detail for the weekend

thats impressive. love the dedication

You know that thing would be a whole lot easier to move if you kept it on edge :tongue:

<Redacted>

Last edited:
I've told you a few times already, but thanks again for the experience and the advice. I didn't play my best today, but you won't get off that easy next time. :act-up:

So this weekend ended up being a test to see where I was. I played 36 holes Saturday and 18 today. Temps were in the low to mid 90's here in TX, so starting to get a feel for some heat. I certainly have some areas that still need work, but there's still a lot of time for practice between now and the Legacy, and I'll be putting in that practice. The biggest positive I found is that even after 54 holes in the heat, I feel good. Never once did I bonk out because of heat or being tired. I let bad play get to me in my round today, but my endurance is right where it needs to be. All those nights of swinging golf clubs and the weekends of walking rounds are paying off. It's only getting hotter in Texas and I'll be walking more holes between now and then.

I hope Team Heritage is ready physically, because I sure as heck will be. Having a great golf game won't save you if you're dead on your feet halfway through the round.
Kudos to you for the work and improvement. Keep it up all the way through the event and I'm confident you'll be proud of yourself no matter the outcome. Also, I'm told cookie is a buzz saw, so don't feel too bad about getting bested by him.

Also, I'm told cookie is a buzz saw, so don't feel too bad about getting bested by him.
Cookie has 3 modes:

1. Beat you without really trying.
2. Beat you while trying hard.
3. Hit a hole-in-one and buy drinks for 70 people...to make sure you don't win.

I get more and more motivated each day. I can't wait to share the experience with you guys.

I get more and more motivated each day. I can't wait to share the experience with you guys.

Yup me too. Work has really gotten crazy for me lately and the time is just FLYING by right now...before you know it we'll be shaking hands and taking names.

In this last final stretch for the participants, I have a couple questions, for the competitors: What is the one thing you are focusing on in this last month of prep?

Secondly, Captains: What do you want your players to keep top of mind?

I will ask the question that is on everybody's libs but they dont want to ask, will the captains dress as mascots?

In this last final stretch for the participants, I have a couple questions, for the competitors: What is the one thing you are focusing on in this last month of prep?

About to walk into an all day meeting but don't want you to think I am blowing you off. Will respond later.

For me, it's the same thing I have been focused on all along: Chipping and putting. I will say that I had a scare on the second day of Love is in the Air when I suddenly couldn't get off the tee, but I think I got that fixed. For me, the dramatic improvements I have made in my short game have made me more confident in everything else. Knowing you can get up and down makes all of your other choices easier. I also have no choice, as I won't be able to take full swings for a while starting tomorrow (minor surgery).

Short game is a big one for me. Ive talked to my guys about it since day 1, you wont hit every green out there but nothing is more crippling to an opponent than a nice up and down.

And on the flip side these courses wont allow you to mask any short game woes you have, so you got to be on top of ur game in that area.

Back