Will You Watch TGL

I am sure I will check it out. I don’t watch a ton of golf outside of the PGA and I don’t watch all of those events

yea, I'll watch

Since it will rank right behind eating dirt, no. I will be interested on how they construct a way to get OWGR points however.

I thought I heard it was going to be on Mondays and/or Tuesdays. If so, not much else to watch. If on weekends, probably not.

The short game might be fun to watch, but a yawner to watch people hit a screen.

this part is what intrigues me (once the players are within 50 yards):

"At that point, they will hit into and putt onto adaptable greens that change based on each hole with a system of hydraulic jacks and actuators."

I find the technology here potentially the most intriguing. I can see this tech licensed into home versions. (Well not my home, but homes of the rich and famous)

Will watch for sure to check it out.

this part is what intrigues me (once the players are within 50 yards):

"At that point, they will hit into and putt onto adaptable greens that change based on each hole with a system of hydraulic jacks and actuators."

I find the technology here potentially the most intriguing. I can see this tech licensed into home versions. (Well not my home, but homes of the rich and famous)
Despite the naysayers, I could potentially see this as a boon to the sim golf industry once they see pros having fun doing it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

don't think I care that much, but I am curious enough to check it out. I'm curious how they will try to make this cool and fun to watch. the format doesn't intrigue me that much but the technology, big screen and stuff like that does.

I'm pretty excited for this to start and will definitely be watching. I'm not sure it will be a permanent fixture on my tv but definitely interested to give it a shot and think there is a lot of potential for this.

Is this true?

Well he’s not on the players page. Big news or he’s just not interested

I would like to geek out over the technology but I can't see myself a mainstay viewer of this if there is not constant action.

Let the Rahm to LIV rumors begin

Rahm is personifying my feeling. This is a pretty big blow to this honestly.

Teams are nearly all set.
SoFi is all in
Do you care? Will you watch?

Seems strange to have cities with teams where they don’t play, and the participants are not connected.
I'll watch to see what its all about, whether I watch it on a consistent basis, have to wait and see

I'll check it out, but seems like "The Match" but on a sim. So my expectations are very low.

Not a big fan of SIM golf. I may watch it just to see what its all about but doubt I will continue

It looks interesting, and I will likely check it out just to see what the tech is like and how it works. After that, depends on if there's any real drama.

I was thinking about this a little more. These days when you watch a shot, and the tv station has the shot tracer on, a player's drives looks a bit like what you see when you are hitting into a screen. not much different. Its really the approach shots and around the green where the tracer is off. So the TGR concept is really not much different than what we are currently seeing on TV. I have to imagine that the TGR screens will be much better in terms of graphics than what we (or at least what I) play on. I am imagining hi-def graphics along the lines of todays video games (almost lifelike and real), or they should be thinking along this way. Now do these players get OWGR points?

I'll give it a shot. But it'll probably end up like the other non-major golf I watch and just be on in the background.

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Will it be on Golf Channel so there are more commercials than golf?

Not a chance

I will give it a try, but I doubt I’ll be able to develop a rooting interest and expect the personalities to be boring as hell.

Back