Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

Well, I wasn't planning on bringing the long irons, but I suppose I can make that happen!
Hahahaha, don't do that on my account! If the 6 is coming, we are good! (even if it isn't we are good!)

Hahahaha, don't do that on my account! If the 6 is coming, we are good! (even if it isn't we are good!)
No, I absolutely will. I'll save the ball marks for credibility when I need it.

Unless a ProV1 spins 2000+ more than the AVX, I don’t think it would matter. 🤣
In our testing with @Canadan AVX to Pro V1x was 1200 with an 8 iron.

And Pro V1x isn't the highest spinning ball (although high).
Then again, I am not sure I agree on the fitting info received, so will keep it at that.

I’ve hit these several times here at Briggs out of Hawk’s bag and even in a setup not necessarily ideal for me, they’re actually pretty eye opening.

The length is there like I expected, but the bigger thing is the size/shape. SO much more compact heel to toe than I anticipated, and the topline bevel makes it stay on the more “small to mid” realm. Bigger for me though is that the soles are huge, I’d say in line with a KING Tour, maybe a slight bit wider if anything.

I’ve hit these several times here at Briggs out of Hawk’s bag and even in a setup not necessarily ideal for me, they’re actually pretty eye opening.

The length is there like I expected, but the bigger thing is the size/shape. SO much more compact heel to toe than I anticipated, and the topline bevel makes it stay on the more “small to mid” realm. Bigger for me though is that the soles are huge, I’d say in line with a KING Tour, maybe a slight bit wider if anything.
That’s impressive. I didn’t expect the King Tour comparison.

They are really good irons. The feel is so good and they are strong performers.

They are really good irons. The feel is so good and they are strong performers.
The sound (feel) is solid, there IS a difference from the heads with 1,273 slots on them and the solid soles, but outdoors at least it wasn’t as sharp as I expected. I suspect indoors that would be more noticeable.

Biggest thing for me is still the profile, @ddec and I really were stunned at how compact they are heel to toe.

Hey guys. New here, but just wanted to chime in. I've never really put much stock in equipment details but recently realized I was never going to get any better with the "stock" equipment I've been using. I decided to take advantage of a free fitting with Club Champion here in Virginia Beach and had a pretty good experience. First fitting ever. My main issue has been accuracy/dispersion with my irons. Been playing a few years with a Rogue Pro set.

After going through the shaft selection process, we settled on KBS Tour v stiff and started hitting defferent heads. But then the fitter handed me a new head and said "Try this one". I think the exact words I said after the first hit was "Holy crap". Then I looked at the club and saw "Wilson" and scratched my head. I had no idea Wilson made a forged set that felt like I wielded a luxury club that could do whatever I wanted it to do. Dyna-what?

Anyway, even though I was hesitant about clubs from Wilson, I ordered a set and can't wait for field testing. I appreciate reading the reviews and now I feel a little better knowing I haven't completely wasted my money. lol

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but thought I'd post the trackman results. I'm a noob at the all this. Edited to add - 6 iron and ProV1 ball used for fitting
Trackman.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. New here, but just wanted to chime in. I've never really put much stock in equipment details but recently realized I was never going to get any better with the "stock" equipment I've been using. I decided to take advantage of a free fitting with Club Champion here in Virginia Beach and had a pretty good experience. First fitting ever. My main issue has been accuracy/dispersion with my irons. Been playing a few years with a Rogue Pro set.

After going through the shaft selection process, we settled on KBS Tour v stiff and started hitting defferent heads. But then the fitter handed me a new head and said "Try this one". I think the exact words I said after the first hit was "Holy crap". Then I looked at the club and saw "Wilson" and scratched my head. I had no idea Wilson made a forged set that felt like I wielded a luxury club that could do whatever I wanted it to do. Dyna-what?

Anyway, even though I was hesitant about clubs from Wilson, I ordered a set and can't wait for field testing. I appreciate reading the reviews and now I feel a little better knowing I haven't completely wasted my money. lol

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but thought I'd post the trackman results. I'm a noob at the all this. Edited to add - ProV1 used for fitting
View attachment 9258455
Awesome stuff! Really look forward to your thoughts when you get them on the course!

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but thought I'd post the trackman results. I'm a noob at the all this. Edited to add - ProV1 used for fitting
View attachment 9258455
AND, welcome to THP!

I came away so impressed with these irons. Before getting to hit @Hawk irons, @Jman and I checked them out at a PGA superstore. Compare them next to the CB and boy they looked way more compact than I imagined. Touch more rounded than I am used to, but definitely appealing.

As for the performance….yeah I dig them. I thought I felt a slight feel/sound difference between the irons with power holes and those without, but it wasn’t anything crazy to me. Honestly in the middle of a round I doubt I would notice it. Loved the ball flight and the distance was easily on par with many others of this style.

I came away so impressed with these irons. Before getting to hit @Hawk irons, @Jman and I checked them out at a PGA superstore. Compare them next to the CB and boy they looked way more compact than I imagined. Touch more rounded than I am used to, but definitely appealing.

As for the performance….yeah I dig them. I thought I felt a slight feel/sound difference between the irons with power holes and those without, but it wasn’t anything crazy to me. Honestly in the middle of a round I doubt I would notice it. Loved the ball flight and the distance was easily on par with many others of this style.
These might be the sneakiest irons of this style out this year. I really didn't anticipate them being anything like they are, Hawk nailed his review of them though.

These might be the sneakiest irons of this style out this year. I really didn't anticipate them being anything like they are, Hawk nailed his review of them though.
Will be fun to have some more people's thoughts in here.

I was happy to see some of things I've seen indoors backed up on the range. Definitely hitting these high (for me) and the feel outdoors is spectacular imo. A few good shots on the course, but nothing to brag about.

They aren't the most forgiving irons out there, especially compared to what I played last year, but that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. They are small. Can't have it all.

I was happy to see some of things I've seen indoors backed up on the range. Definitely hitting these high (for me) and the feel outdoors is spectacular imo. A few good shots on the course, but nothing to brag about.

They aren't the most forgiving irons out there, especially compared to what I played last year, but that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. They are small. Can't have it all.
The size is going to blow some minds of testers IMO. @ddec and I both did double takes the first time we saw them next to the CB's. I read about the size from your review, but seeing them in hand took it to another level.

They're a size that is in my wheelhouse, which I didn't expect.

Hoping I can get some beefy iron shafts in them and put them to work, the +1/2" will be nice too haha

The size is going to blow some minds of testers IMO. @ddec and I both did double takes the first time we saw them next to the CB's. I read about the size from your review, but seeing them in hand took it to another level.

They're a size that is in my wheelhouse, which I didn't expect.

Hoping I can get some beefy iron shafts in them and put them to work, the +1/2" will be nice too haha
It's the first set of irons of this ilk that I've been excited about from WS for a while. To the point I'm going to be jealous of those jumping in. That moment at PGA Superstore was funny because I think it caught us both off gaurd. The balls I hit on the range were really impressive.

It's the first set of irons of this ilk that I've been excited about from WS for a while. To the point I'm going to be jealous of those jumping in. That moment at PGA Superstore was funny because I think it caught us both off gaurd. The balls I hit on the range were really impressive.
I cannot get over the heel to toe blade length. Its so damn compact. More compact than a LOT of irons in what many would consider to be more players driven designs.

I cannot get over the heel to toe blade length. Its so damn compact. More compact than a LOT of irons in what many would consider to be more players driven designs.
You wouldn't believe how enormous the Zipcore XL's looked after I had been playing these for awhile.

You wouldn't believe how enormous the Zipcore XL's looked after I had been playing these for awhile.
Hahahaha, that had to be an oh crap moment.

I would like to see these next to ZX7's, I think these are shorter heel to toe.

Remind us what you played last year

Man, these are sneaky good to think about. Chrome aside, I need to try these. I will be passing a PGASS this Saturday so maybe I leave for the round an hour earlier than planned.

Great write up @Hawk, the feedback from folks here make the chance to test for the forum even more of a great thing.

Man, these are sneaky good to think about. Chrome aside, I need to try these. I will be passing a PGASS this Saturday so maybe I leave for the round an hour earlier than planned.

Great write up @Hawk, the feedback from folks here make the chance to test for the forum even more of a great thing.
You know how outspoken I am against polished chrome, I think its time has come and gone, but dammit if these didn't look really good still on the range at Briggs when I was hitting Hawk's 6 iron.

Back