Wilson Staff C100 Irons Review

I'm continuing to make the rounds of the Wilson Staff equipment threads after getting in some rounds over the weekend. Love the performance from the C100s. So much so, that I was talking about pulling shafts from my prior gamers, since the C100s are likely to continue as my gamers for the foreseeable future. @MSH134 and @dhartmann34 looked at me like I was crazy (because I love the other clubs, had them custom fit and built, and have played very well with them).

Facts are facts, the C100s are more forgiving than the other set could hope to be, and that's not surprising, given the design differences. These have helped me fall back in-love with a slightly chunkier iron. Ball flight is high, but not ballooning, and there is good spin coming in on approach shots. Toe misses and thin misses are handled very well by the design. I had a lie, from an old divot, this weekend. Didn't matter. Hit through the ball and divot aggressively and it was on the green with a chance for birdie (that I missed, unfortunately).
The C100s might be slightly chunky but they wear it well. Especially after you see how well they perform.

The ball flight that I get when I catch them clean is awesome. High high high and straight and then they land softer than a butterfly wearing Reeboks. The greens I play on are usually pretty hard, dry and firm and I was hitting 7,8, and 9 irons all right beside or within a couple feet of the pitch mark...that's far from the usual for me.

The ball flight that I get when I catch them clean is awesome. High high high and straight and then they land softer than a butterfly wearing Reeboks. The greens I play on are usually pretty hard, dry and firm and I was hitting 7,8, and 9 irons all right beside or within a couple feet of the pitch mark...that's far from the usual for me.
Once you started getting comfortable with them, you were hitting some incredible shots. Those irons and you are a great match.

These irons are fantastic and probably the best value in golf. Perfect tweener set between GI and Players clubs, they provide great launch and the flight stays the same no matter where on the face I make contact.

I've been gaming the C-100s for a few months now. I had been using i25s, and after a brief flirt with D-200s, decided to give the C-100s - and am I glad I did. As was described before, they are a perfect combination of PI and GI. This past weekend in our club championship I hit 28/36 greens, with most of the hits being inside 20 ft. Stay down on the ball and this club will flush it nearly every time. Now, if only I could putt. Heavy sigh!!!

I've had my C-100's probably close to a year now and I like them very much. I put my 3 and 4 iron away and opted for hybrids and that was a good choice. These irons put some nice height on the ball and the trajectory is tour like when struck pure. If need be, these irons can be worked both ways. Most of the time, I opt for the left to right more than the other. I got mine for a good price also. When I flush one, w/ the lofts being a bit strong, I sometimes fly the green. Overall, Wilson has made good w/ these irons.

I heard Wilson submitted a patent for the C200 iron. Has anyone else got information on if and when they might be released. Wilson usually does a 2 year release with their equipment. I couldn't hit the C100 irons to save my life although I liked the looks of them.

Pretty sure i saw a picture of something from a different website on twitter, no details though :/ They probably smuggled the picture out or something...

I heard Wilson submitted a patent for the C200 iron. Has anyone else got information on if and when they might be released. Wilson usually does a 2 year release with their equipment. I couldn't hit the C100 irons to save my life although I liked the looks of them.

I would pay attention to the THP Wilson staff event in a month. Odds are they will have some news in the live update thread as THPers spend two days at their testing facility and get a prototype set of irons.

I love my C100s and unfortunately so does my wife. She has "borrowed" them until I buy her another set of irons. Which is fine, except she doesn't seem to be in any hurry for a new set because she's "just fine with these".:banghead:

Has anyone bagged the C100s with the stock Aldila graphite shaft? I'm wondering how they perform, seem light but I need to finally make the move to graphite irons and these are going for cheap now.

I have the ci11s and love them dearly but the time is coming for some new sticks to match my new swing and a fitting as I hit the ci11s way to high. The review wss awesome but the one thing about these distance helping lofts is that you're going to have to put a 48* in the bag and then 53* and 58* or something of that equivalent. I look forward to Wilson's next installment in an otherwise outstanding line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the ci11s and love them dearly but the time is coming for some new sticks to match my new swing and a fitting as I hit the ci11s way to high. The review wss awesome but the one thing about these distance helping lofts is that you're going to have to put a 48* in the bag and then 53* and 58* or something of that equivalent. I look forward to Wilson's next installment in an otherwise outstanding line.

For #THPLegacy, I went thru the GW with the C100s, and then also had the 50/54/58 in the Tour TC wedges. That worked well for the competition, but I do find that I am using the C100 GW much more than the 50 Tour TC, so have gone to carrying only the 54/58.

For #THPLegacy, I went thru the GW with the C100s, and then also had the 50/54/58 in the Tour TC wedges. That worked well for the competition, but I do find that I am using the C100 GW much more than the 50 Tour TC, so have gone to carrying only the 54/58.

For whatever reason I struggle with the 48* gap wedge and have to either feather a PW or step on a 52* (which ends equally awful). I'll get fit again with my next set of Wilson's (maybe one day the f line) and make sure my wedges match my set as I'm still using some xFTs I won several years ago right here on THP!

When I got the C100 I was worried about the GW being at 48 too. I carry a 52 and 58 for my wedges an the 52 seems to fit the set nice for gapping wise. The PW and GW have been very easy to hit in the C100.

For whatever reason I struggle with the 48* gap wedge and have to either feather a PW or step on a 52* (which ends equally awful). I'll get fit again with my next set of Wilson's (maybe one day the f line) and make sure my wedges match my set as I'm still using some xFTs I won several years ago right here on THP!

Have you considered going to a 50? With my ci9s I would be comfortable pulling the set GW and replacing it with a traditional 50* wedge. But I like the lower bounce on the set GW and have been using it around the green from tight lies in addition to full swings.

I love my C100 GW at 48*. Flows perfectly into my 52/56/60 setup.

Had an OK round with the C100s, today. Nothing spectacular, but also nothing terrible. I love the high ball flight. They are definitely a half club longer, at least, than my other irons, and have very good forgiveness with toe contact (was out there a couple of times, today).

I was swinging across my body vs through. Consequently, I spent quite a bit of time testing the forgiveness of the toe myself today. Thankfully, it was there each and every time.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Had an OK round with the C100s, today. Nothing spectacular, but also nothing terrible. I love the high ball flight. They are definitely a half club longer, at least, than my other irons, and have very good forgiveness with toe contact (was out there a couple of times, today).

Glad they're high launching. If W/S does throw the C200s our way, I could really use some extra height.

Put the C100s to work for one of the few December rounds I've ever played in the Chicago area. Hit them really well, actually. Was pulling them a bit in early holes, but started to straighten them out as the round progressed. Teaming these with a ball like the Duo or Duo Spin makes them pretty darn fun, as they fly higher, and a bit farther with those ball options, for me.

Just some general thoughts... I'm a big fan of irons with a dark/black finish, but this one isn't quite as nice as I have seen/experienced on others. Having said that, they are very durable... the black finish is removed in some areas, but there is very little other chatter that I can find. These might make the trip to PHX, so I would expect them to get a more marking in that environment.

My C100s are back in the bag for winter. I'm pretty excited to have some forgiveness back in the bag.

I lent out these irons to a buddy in need today and I asked his thoughts on them post round. Real quick:

Pros:
Good feel and sound off the entire face
Great looking in the bag, and a great look at address
Effortless launch throughout the set, and a nice flight
The comment was made that had he not just purchased a different set of irons he would be in the market for a set of these.

Cons:
On Pure hits they did not feel as nice as his gamer irons (Nike Pro Combos)
Didn't particularly like the stock shaft

Well I guess my days of spamming the various THP iron threads with questions about various clubs with graphite shafts should come to a close now. I just pulled the trigger on brand new C100s with the standard Aldila RIP graphite in regular.

I'm excited. These should work great and look completely badass with the two tone club color plus black graphite shafts with skulls on them.

Dave

Well I guess my days of spamming the various THP iron threads with questions about various clubs with graphite shafts should come to a close now. I just pulled the trigger on brand new C100s with the standard Aldila RIP graphite in regular.

I'm excited. These should work great and look completely badass with the two tone club color plus black graphite shafts with skulls on them.

Dave

Awesome to hear, Dave. Hope you enjoy them a lot. Check back in with some feedback after you have some time with them.

Back