Wilson Staff C100 Irons Review

These irons and the FG Tour wedges are what I am most excited about equipment wise for Legacy. With the KBS engines in them they are going to be so damn special, and I just have a feeling they are going to be awesome performers.

I think you're going to be very pleased with your choice. The C100s flat out perform.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

These irons and the FG Tour wedges are what I am most excited about equipment wise for Legacy. With the KBS engines in them they are going to be so damn special, and I just have a feeling they are going to be awesome performers.
Looking forward to these as well, Curtis. Much different than my gamers, but I'm hoping to see some good launch and a slight distance gain with these and the CTLs.

Curtis. I'd venture to say that we are both really enjoying the C100s with the CTLs this weekend. What a fantastic combination.

My friend has these and loves them. I tried to hit the 7 iron and just hit worm burners and pushes. Definitely not a very user friendly set and not for guys like me that need all the help we can get. These would seem to work reat for lower handicap golfers.

Curtis. I'd venture to say that we are both really enjoying the C100s with the CTLs this weekend. What a fantastic combination.

PLUS....how freaking insanely badass does this combo look? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhew!

The C100s paired with the CTLs offer a launch that is insanely high (good).

I am a huge fan of these irons and they really are something special. The ball feels nice coming off the face and it seems like it just rips into the air with some serious ball speeds.
The two tone look is much nicer in person than in pictures and at address the ball is framed really well. The head doesn't look that big at address either, and while there is some offset I'd call it a normal amount.

These clubs launch the ball. HIGH. Paired with CTLs I was seeing obscene distances (sometimes at poor times ha-ha) and nice soft landings. I also had no trouble flighting the ball down when the wind picked up on Saturday and Sunday afternoon on True Blue.

These are my gamers for the foreseeable future and my AP1s can take a long walk of a short pier.

PLUS....how freaking insanely badass does this combo look? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhew!
No doubt!

I am a huge fan of these irons and they really are something special. The ball feels nice coming off the face and it seems like it just rips into the air with some serious ball speeds.
The two tone look is much nicer in person than in pictures and at address the ball is framed really well. The head doesn't look that big at address either, and while there is some offset I'd call it a normal amount.

These clubs launch the ball. HIGH. Paired with CTLs I was seeing obscene distances (sometimes at poor times ha-ha) and nice soft landings. I also had no trouble flighting the ball down when the wind picked up on Saturday and Sunday afternoon on True Blue.

These are my gamers for the foreseeable future and my AP1s can take a long walk of a short pier.
High launch, I like. Good forgiveness low, and across the face, I like. More distance than my prior gamers, I like.

Or, you could send them to my house!

A man should have options :alien:

bc2ed69dfcb24338f5bfe9c79b0c9e76.jpg

0a9687da3b9e33d8b3925ab3f837d861.jpg

I cannot stop thinking about these... with CTL's or Tour 90's. These things with CTL's might make me wet the bed!

Be very careful with that finish. I had heard it was pretty durable, but wish I had treated them with more caution. In particular, using a brush on the face, it's easy to scratch the shiny parts. Also, the badging will fade. My red and black badge is now more like pink. The clubs are awesome, though.

This makes me really want to get a set of these in hand to try out. I've been pondering on them a long time and hearing you say this really makes me want them.

Be very careful with that finish. I had heard it was pretty durable, but wish I had treated them with more caution. In particular, using a brush on the face, it's easy to scratch the shiny parts. Also, the badging will fade. My red and black badge is now more like pink. The clubs are awesome, though.
Yes sir.
When I chose the black wedges and C100s I submitted to the unavoidable wear. Once they all wear evenly I love the battle tested look.

Knowing how much you like your AP1's, this statement is incredibly telling. It sounds to me like your bag has improved in every way, and considering how lethal you could be with what was already in there, I am really excited to see you game these beasts!

Spent some time on the sim at PGA SS and put a few swings on all my new gear.
I think the numbers were pretty accurate but who knows for sure.
I took 5 swings with each and took the middle 3 for numbers. What you see is an average of the 3 chosen.

9 iron:

bc0d324e527bdf4270a654da2d436d43.jpg

7 iron:
132db40a3681fba2df2d01256fb12ffa.jpg

5 iron:
f448c16ce741a0280d4950f7ef519511.jpg

I'm personally thrilled with the numbers and the consistency through the set.

193 carry 5 iron is pretty dang solid dude. Can't wait to watch you punish them in the PNW.

These are some incredibly good looking irons, for sure! And I'm not usually a fan of darker finished irons, but the contrast is just great.

All this talk about the C-taper Lites is wanting me to put them in my C100s.

I'm continuing to make the rounds of the Wilson Staff equipment threads after getting in some rounds over the weekend. Love the performance from the C100s. So much so, that I was talking about pulling shafts from my prior gamers, since the C100s are likely to continue as my gamers for the foreseeable future. @MSH134 and @dhartmann34 looked at me like I was crazy (because I love the other clubs, had them custom fit and built, and have played very well with them).

Facts are facts, the C100s are more forgiving than the other set could hope to be, and that's not surprising, given the design differences. These have helped me fall back in-love with a slightly chunkier iron. Ball flight is high, but not ballooning, and there is good spin coming in on approach shots. Toe misses and thin misses are handled very well by the design. I had a lie, from an old divot, this weekend. Didn't matter. Hit through the ball and divot aggressively and it was on the green with a chance for birdie (that I missed, unfortunately).

I got to hit Jeremy's C100s this past weekend and came away very impressed. They are a little thicker than my DPCs, but not obnoxiously so. There is also a bit more offset, but nothing that I minded. They felt great when I hit them and seemed to go a little further than my DPCs, though that is likely due in part to a bit stronger lofts. Overall a very pleasing package that I would game without hesitation.

C100s were good today which is remarkable considering how poorly I was striking the ball. It seemed I was constantly frustrated with my effort only to look up and see the ball on line and only a tiny bit short. Even had a thinned ball come to a stop somehow.

I got to hit Jeremy's C100s this past weekend and came away very impressed. They are a little thicker than my DPCs, but not obnoxiously so. There is also a bit more offset, but nothing that I minded. They felt great when I hit them and seemed to go a little further than my DPCs, though that is likely due in part to a bit stronger lofts. Overall a very pleasing package that I would game without hesitation.

First swing. High and straight. Yeah, it's hard not to like that.

Back