Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I can do the 5 iron for sure - I'll do the 4 if I can track down the G25 4 iron. Not sure if I still have it/ ever had it.

Come on back to VA and join an active THP community! Got three sets of C200s in VA already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't go to any extra effort, as you are doing me a favor.
If you have the two 5's easily accessible, that is more than perfect.

Thanks,

Steve

I think you get more feedback as compared to the C100. Comparing the two 7 irons side by side, if I had a mishit with the 100 I could tell it was off, but I had to check the face to be sure where the miss was. With the 200 I could tell just by feel.

That's definitely a good thing to hear. Will be keeping a lookout for these to try - or maybe win a set tomorrow! :D

So the sole of the C200 looks a lot like the D100. Any comments to that from the testers? Sure wish W/S would list the offset of their clubs. Would answer some questions for me. The Aldila Rogue Pro shaft at 85gm seems heavy. Yes/No?

Going off the pictures, it looks like the graphite shaft weights are:

Regular = 75 gram

Stiff = 85 grams

These seem like fairly wide soled irons. Did that bother any of the reviewers?

Honestly no. Turf interaction is good and honestly after a couple of swings the clubs just feel so good that any doubt you have about them are gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great write-ups so far, thank you. Personally, i am in the crossover market, potentially. i have 2 points of concern with the new c200 irons. the badgeing looks to be a little much for my taste and i am pretty happy with hitting a 7 iron 165-175 yards as it is now. If i start to pull the 7 iron into the 185 range i will gap out pretty badly in the 150 yard and in. So, for those of you that had the opportunity to experience the F5 also, how would you compare the 2 irons?

Some really good reviews in here.
Dont forget those that attended Staff Proto, hit up social media with the info in the first post and you could win the custom staff bag.

Great write-ups so far, thank you. Personally, i am in the crossover market, potentially. i have 2 points of concern with the new c200 irons. the badgeing looks to be a little much for my taste and i am pretty happy with hitting a 7 iron 165-175 yards as it is now. If i start to pull the 7 iron into the 185 range i will gap out pretty badly in the 150 yard and in. So, for those of you that had the opportunity to experience the F5 also, how would you compare the 2 irons?

FWIW I took a few swings with the F5. Great irons, great looking irons and appear to have solid forgiveness. I only hit 7I in F5 (which is what I have hit most in the C200) and they were shorter (and probably rightfully so) and didnt appear to launch as high.

Not a reviewer, but I have been gaming the C100's for over a year and if I'm not mistaken the dimensions of the C100's and C200's are the same. I didn't notice any issues with turf interaction with my C100's when I switched over from a somewhat thinner soled iron (MP60's).

My take may not be all that great because I've never been a divot take but the thicker sole definitely does take to the great smoothly. Again I've never been a divot maker so this may not be entirely helpful.

Can't wait for the contest tomorrow, one lucky THPer get's to join these luckey THPers in their reviews, very cool!

Sounds like you are in a similar boat that I was in, with a 7i going ~170yd or so on your current set. I hit the F5 a few times at #StaffProto as well, and it did not have the 'launch like' feel on the ball that the C200 did. The F5 did not go as far, but seemed similar as to my previous clubs' yardages. I do not recall seeing a noticeable change in ball height with the F5 as mikedean441 mentioned, but I really was not paying attention to that part. The F5 felt very smooth when struck, whereas the C200 feels hot off the face. The F5 was forgiving, but I remember having more feedback on mishits than the C200s. Both were a joy to hit, and both felt great when struck well. If I did not have the C200's, I might have considered the F5 as a possible replacement for what I was using before. I like the C200's and what they give me at the moment since I am inconsistent with my irons, but I can certainly respect the fact the F5 might give a better iron striker more options for working the ball, and better yardage gapping based on your statement.
Right now, with my C200 GW creeping close to 140-150yd, I need to consider my wedges more.

Any chance you can try out both the C200 and F5 at the same place?

Can't wait for the contest tomorrow, one lucky THPer get's to join these luckey THPers in their reviews, very cool!
Really looking forward to the contest as well. All of you THPers are great, but I sure hope that I'm that lucky guy.

Really looking forward to the contest as well. All of you THPers are great, but I sure hope that I'm that lucky guy.

Very excited for tomorrow. Not sure what's in store but I'm sure it will be fun. Good luck guys. Lots of deserving recipients.

I'm so excited for this contest tomorrow that I can't even.

Great job on the reviews all of you, I've read through every page. What an event! I especially love the comparisons to current (last cycle or two) irons - for me, at least, it will help me organize thoughts and data when I get around to getting fit for a new set.

Me too. I hope with the major thunderstorms tonight that the Internet doesn't go out overnight.
I'm so excited for this contest tomorrow that I can't even.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to taking some swings with these this coming weekend.

For the testers, what is the single best quality you are liking about them?

If I can only choose one it's the feel. Unlike anything I've ever hit before. The most amazing feeling clubs.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I'm going to have to agree with Rusty. The pop and compression you feel off the club face is like no other. It's a repeatable feeling and like I said in my review it boosts confidence when you get that feeling because you just know you it's gonna be good. And when I'm confident, my round is going to be a successful one!

Have we gotten reviews from everyone that participated in the StaffProto event?

Just curious. I love hearing all the different takes on irons like these that break down so many barriers.

I would have to say the sense of control that the face gives. It feels like the ball just holds on the face and then rockets off into the sky only to land really soft.

For me, it's the height on the longer irons. It's such an advantage having a 4/5 iron that goes as high as like a 7/8 iron. #landslikeafeather

Love the way the ball jumps off the face. You get a good smash factor between the club and the ball

Forgiveness by a ton.
Toe and low are extremely forgiving as mentioned in here many times.
Really a set that would benefit quite a large portion of the audience here.

Back