Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Would love to give these irons a try; I've never hit graphite shafted irons before. Definitely a look all their own. Great reviews by the original testers as well!

I will say that I loved the graphite shafts - I didn't get fit into them but man did they feel amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know someone was asking about hitting bottom grooves on the club and let me tell you since I occasionally do this from time to time and when you know you have bottomed grooved it when you swing, it amazes me the control you have still in trajectory and distance. Now bottom grooving it is not my thing but at least I know if I do it by chance, I'm not going to be penalized after I hit the ball

You hit these well my friend. Even when miss hit the outcome is still positive.

I know some have said they are a club longer, is this through the whole bag?

For me my almost a club longer is all the way through

For me my almost a club longer is all the way through

That's awesome. Definitely makes the ears perk up a bit more.

I need to hit these next time we play.

I'm not quite a club longer, but I'm more confident in club selection at certain yardages than I have before

Nice reviews guys! The top line on these is more pleasant than I expected. The badging looks pretty awesome too. Might have to try these out on a sim day.

Definitely want in. Nothing but positive reviews in here.

Deuce, your handicap number is where I live. So glad to see someone like me used and likes these irons. What did you game before C200?

Mark, I gamed the Cleveland 588 MTs beforehand. They're great clubs, and a solid backup set for friends and family when they come visit, but the C200s gave me a club longer distance. A bit longer on mishits as well, and being fit into the C200s have really helped too.

I plan to stay with the C200s for a long time, but when its time to retire them I will not buy my next set of irons without being fit.

Just read "most" of the thread and I'm impressed with the irons. I'm a casual lurker here, not too many posts, but enjoy reading them nonetheless. I currently game the 714 AP1 and play to a 13 handicap, however, most of the handicap is due to my short game which is good. I have issues with the irons with inconsistent hits, nothing serious but could stand for improvement. The pictures of the irons looked very big and chunky, maybe it was the camera angle but still looked big. Question, how is the graphite shaft as far as feel goes? The last time I hit graphite in irons, they felt harsh and didn't sound that good kind of clicky like. The last time I played Wilson clubs was the Ultra's so I'm really interested in what you guys say about them

Every time I see these clubs they appeal to me visually. I think they look clean and make me want to pick them up. Based on feedback from the staff Proto participants, the numbers put up by these clubs is just as impressive. One of the must try clubs for me this year. Really looking forward to seeing a few next month in Alabama.

f3133b6eabb003ab71eaa890e7e50e13.jpg

Putting this pic back up so it comes back up on Tapatalk instead of Shannon's toe misses.

Last edited:
Here are some different shots of the five irons. Let me know any other views you might want. Less offset for sure, but it is still present. And the iron head is slightly smaller but way more sleek.

f828ae369d356e6c2e92e3aa22a85733.jpg
4f07f3a320617b119d901b20409816d9.jpg
643aedd5ff5624335767e176edff8027.jpg
f9a66a86c9f6941cc99ad27bc8947b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely perfect and EXACTLY what I was hoping to see.

The G25's were just too much offset for me. The C200's look MUCH better, even if the specs are more similar than they appear vs. the G25.

Many thanks for taking the time to do this and especially the multiple angles. Well done.

Haha, I'm still seeing toe misses. :bulgy-eyes:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the offset is? I tried to look on the website and it wasn't listed.

Does anyone know what the offset is? I tried to look on the website and it wasn't listed.

It's progressive, quite a bit on the 4 iron, very little on the GW. I'll see if I can't find the exact numbers.

I really like the look of these, they seem much more "tech full" compared to previous Wilson irons. Great review thoughts everyone this has been a fun thread to read through. For someone like me who likes all the help they can get in a traditional cavity back package I think these would fit the bill very well. Really find the slots interesting as it almost gives the irons a riveted together look that is very modern.

Hoping Nevada Bob's in Madison gets these in soon. These reviews have been remarkable and I really want to swing these. I'm curious as well to see what shaft I would get fit for. I've always felt more comfortable with steel, but I'm hearing good things about the graphite in these.

These continue to rise on my ponder list, I think these are going to be the iron set I aim to get this year and replace my TM. I really wanted to own some Apex but these look to make a lot more sense for me and with all this lowering handicap talk, I think these will help me get to sub 15.

High praise for the new C200 has me very interested. I need to stalk 441 and give his a swing or two. The slots initially seemed distracting but at address become less noticeable to my eye. Hopefully I'd be watching high penitrating iron shots vs the top line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Putting this pic back up so it comes back up on Tapatalk instead of Shannon's toe misses.

Haha, funny. Even so, toe strikes are not too shabby for me (at the moment).

Hoping Nevada Bob's in Madison gets these in soon. These reviews have been remarkable and I really want to swing these. I'm curious as well to see what shaft I would get fit for. I've always felt more comfortable with steel, but I'm hearing good things about the graphite in these.

if you want and are planning to be in the Madison area sometime, you can always PM me and try out mine. I know others were happy with the graphite selection, but I preferred the steel. Hopefully at NB they have will have the option to try both out.

Thanks guys for your responses to my bottom groove question.

My usual shot shape is high and straight with any of my irons sets. Being a sweeper, my miss is normally low on the face and I have found my C100s to be less penal than the comparable CB Proh.

Based on the reviews, the design of the C200s should really help me gain distance (which I really need) regardless of where on the face I strike the ball.

I am a little embarrassed to admit it but I have never owned or tried any Wilson branded golf clubs, and that's shame on me. I know they make quality stuff and these irons are gorgeous. I would love to try them out, but the only golf stores in my area are Roger Dunn's and Dick's. Neither carry Wilson. Once in a while I go down to SoCal, maybe Golfsmith would carry them?

Back