Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Looking forward to seeing reviews from the rest of the group that got irons too. Going to be a great thread.

Really interesting irons, and great reviews. They are nice looking sticks, the slot tech does not take away from them at all from the pictures.

Since the gap wedge is at 48 degrees are people carrying an extra wedge?

I am gaming 52 and 56 W/S FG Tour TC wedges. Wilson Staff are coming out with a new wedge line as well. Freaking awesome line I might add.

So these are what we've been waiting for. They look great. When I get to my computer i have a lot of reading to do.

I am gaming 52 and 56 W/S FG Tour TC wedges. Wilson Staff are coming out with a new wedge line as well. Freaking awesome line I might add.

When's the embargo on those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say I was too thrilled about the look of the FLX slots or whatever they are, but outside of that, I think they look incredible. Better than the 545s is really high praise IMO. I'd love to take a few hacks with these.

And how cool is it that the review thread goes up, and we immediately have feedback from THPers who have played these for MONTHS?!

Nice reviews so far, guys. All my questions and concerns were addressed, and I appreciate that.

I really hope W/S finds a lot of success in 2016 and beyond; this looks like a great start.

I saw these in person a few weeks ago and I think they look better in person than in pictures. To me the slots on the top actually help visually thin out the topline in person. I only took one swing and it was a very bad swing, caught a lot of ground but the ball still got up, went straight and was like 15yds short. Once the season starts up again I'd like to give these another try and try out the Aldila shaft in it. I think WS has a winner on their hands for sure.

I saw these in person a few weeks ago and I think they look better in person than in pictures. To me the slots on the top actually help visually thin out the topline in person. I only took one swing and it was a very bad swing, caught a lot of ground but the ball still got up, went straight and was like 15yds short. Once the season starts up again I'd like to give these another try and try out the Aldila shaft in it. I think WS has a winner on their hands for sure.
I think these are right up your alley. I know ur a graphite fan and long term would enjoy the forgivess and extra yards you would see with these

Looking forward to seeing reviews from the rest of the group that got irons too. Going to be a great thread.

Will have mine end of Sunday. Had some fun stuff I wanted to add in for those users in the market irons like these and at my playing level.

Posting to get iron pic on TT
bd843eef3451d6976601cb86b3ab355c.jpg

Since the gap wedge is at 48 degrees are people carrying an extra wedge?

I've been tinkering between the GP and my 50* RTX. Both are performing well but I don't see the need to get an extra wedge if I go with the GW. I also carry a 54* and 58*.

I've been shopping for irons for about two months and this sounds promising. Distance from 6 iron to GW isn't an issue, just need help on miss hits. My only concern against the other two sets (JPX EZ or GMax) are the 4-5 iron. If anyone can speak on the differences and the benefits of the C200 in the longer irons for launch, distance, forgiveness it would be a big help. Did see a video review on the C200 already. Here is a link if no one has seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUHjKUsjCw

Good reviews so far guys. I have played the older ci irons from W/S and loved them. I appreciate the switch from "control" to "crossover" as it is more descriptive to where the C line fits into their range of irons. It is incredibly awesome if THPer's had a direct influence in the renaming.

My initial thought went to the slots and wondering how much effect the top three have on performance versus having a solid top line. I say this because it worries me that to many golfers will pass on trying these because of the look of the topline. I hope this is not the case.

The stock shaft options are great and I want to learn more about the Rogue iron shafts and how they compare to Recoils.

Now off to the WilsonStaff website to build a set.

These with the graphite shafts are very good. Also very long. I'd love to play a round with a full set. The flx face slots aren't really distracting at all down by the ball either, which I definitely thought they would be initially. These should be on everyone's radar who needs new irons and wants great forgiveness and distance in a good looking package.

These with the graphite shafts are very good. Also very long. I'd love to play a round with a full set. The flx face slots aren't really distracting at all down by the ball either, which I definitely thought they would be initially. These should be on everyone's radar who needs new irons and wants great forgiveness and distance in a good looking package.

I've played a dozen games with them and never noticed the slots. I did notice my feelings of awe when I launched my ball to new heights with the sweetest feelings I've ever experienced swinging a golf club.

I recently acquired a 5-9 iron set, with the kbs tour 90s.

my background, I was a 13 handicap 3 years ago, but working 50-60 hour weeks and having a 3 year old at home has limited my play to once a month max, and I have drifted to a 17 cap. But that's okay, I will improve again when I win the lotto ��. My driver ss is about 93-95 mph, so I am not a long hitter.

This year I have played the ap2 714 irons, my trusty r7 tp's, and a set of jdm legacy blacks. I have found the c200's to be the equal of any of these clubs with far superior forgiveness. The face feels as good as any forged club, but you can tell it's a cast club on mis hits. I hit the 5 iron to a 160m par 3 yesterday that can way off the toe. It still ended up 10m from the green. I fund all the others extremely punishing on mis hits.

i am really struggling with the yardage gaps due to inconsistent striking, but hopefully I will get this nailed down pretty quickly. I hit the 9 iron flush from 120 out and ended up in the water 20 m behind the green, which made me laugh ( I hit the downslope over the green and kicked in). All up they are one club longer then my previous clubs. I am going to have to get a 46 degree wedge as the gap between 9 and my 50 is just too much now.

they are one of the best looking irons I have seen, and everyone in my group commented positively about the looks. The offset will take me some time to get use to coming from very little in the other irons, but it isn't obscene like some other Gi irons. I also find the top middle slot gives me a good line up mark.

In all I am really liking these irons and am very glad I have found something that is forgiving but still nice to look at, and I am not ashamed to pull the covers off.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I recently acquired a 5-9 iron set, with the kbs tour 90s.

my background, I was a 13 handicap 3 years ago, but working 50-60 hour weeks and having a 3 year old at home has limited my play to once a month max, and I have drifted to a 17 cap. But that's okay, I will improve again when I win the lotto í*½í¸€. My driver ss is about 93-95 mph, so I am not a long hitter.

This year I have played the ap2 714 irons, my trusty r7 tp's, and a set of jdm legacy blacks. I have found the c200's to be the equal of any of these clubs with far superior forgiveness. The face feels as good as any forged club, but you can tell it's a cast club on mis hits. I hit the 5 iron to a 160m par 3 yesterday that can way off the toe. It still ended up 10m from the green. I fund all the others extremely punishing on mis hits.

i am really struggling with the yardage gaps due to inconsistent striking, but hopefully I will get this nailed down pretty quickly. I hit the 9 iron flush from 120 out and ended up in the water 20 m behind the green, which made me laugh ( I hit the downslope over the green and kicked in). All up they are one club longer then my previous clubs. I am going to have to get a 46 degree wedge as the gap between 9 and my 50 is just too much now.

they are one of the best looking irons I have seen, and everyone in my group commented positively about the looks. The offset will take me some time to get use to coming from very little in the other irons, but it isn't obscene like some other Gi irons. I also find the top middle slot gives me a good line up mark.

In all I am really liking these irons and am very glad I have found something that is forgiving but still nice to look at, and I am not ashamed to pull the covers off.

They are very good looking irons. Good review.

Finally the embargo is over and the rest of THP can hear about these irons. Great reviews so far guys. It must have been a great feeling playing these since October.

Duece,
As a fellow shortknocker, I am definitely interested in seeing what distance gains I might achieve with the C200's since the effortless ball flight is already present in my C100's.

Finally the embargo is over and the rest of THP can hear about these irons. Great reviews so far guys. It must have been a great feeling playing these since October.

Dude,
It's been really hard to not talk about these the last couple of months. These clubs and W/S are the real deal. I just ordered their D200 Driver/3 wood to go along with the C200 irons. You need to hit them to truly understand. Easy distance. The ball almost feels like it's being taken by the face and catapulted down the fairway or onto the green.

Ok so for those who have had these in play, have you had to change the bottom and top of your bags due to distance gains? I didn't have much time with them on course but from what I've seen is I'm about a club longer with them including the set gap wedge. If I were to have these in the bag I would have to add another wedge, probably a 52* to close the gap of set gap wedge and sand wedge

Duece,
As a fellow shortknocker, I am definitely interested in seeing what distance gains I might achieve with the C200's since the effortless ball flight is already present in my C100's.

People at the range I work at and the course I go to were in love with these. If you like high penetrating ball flight these are meant for you. Pair them up with Wilson Staff line of golf balls.

The #GenFlx face is awesome when you nail the sweet spot. The feeling of the ball compress and just launch off the face promotes an incredible amount of confidence.

Back