Wilson Staff D7 Metal Woods

any news on specs? shaft etc?
Huskie
I sent you a PM with the info I had. I guess it’s offered in the states the first of the year.

I am very intrigued by this. I enjoyed the FG Tour M3 wood line a few years back from a sound, feel, look, and accuracy standpoint, but the ball speed wasn't there. The Triton, on the other hand, is less exciting to me in the "soft" categories, but is right up there with the best couple drivers I've ever owned from a ball speed and forgiveness standpoint. If the fairways in this line can stack up favorably with my current fairways (Cally XR16) and with the other options out there, I love the look and would definitely game them.

I just dont trust W/S to make a quality driver. I know that's harsh, but it's how I feel. My D200 all but disintegrated in my hands, and every time they are put head to head against other brands on a Monitor they just dont have as much ball speed.
I say this as a guy who enjoys the brand and has 11/14 clubs in my bag currently with the Shield.

I agreed with you until I gamed the Triton. Now admittedly that has its own issues (sound, look and feel - although those are opinion based), but it's right up there as a quality piece of kit that really performs, at least for my questionable game.

It just occurred to me that if this driver goes out at $299.00 it going to get killed by the new TEE driver which is loaded with adjustability at that price point.

Not if it goes far. Wilson needs an absolute bomber. Maybe this is it.

Last edited:
Wilson has a couple days worth of teasers up on IG and Twitter for the D7 irons. Good photography and three sets of Power Holes. Corey does a great job with social media.

I'm pretty good friends with the people at Hunt Golf in Burlington, NC. They are a Wilson Staff dealer. They said the D7 driver will be $299.99 and D7 fw will be $199.99.

S
I'm pretty good friends with the people at Hunt Golf in Burlington, NC. They are a Wilson Staff dealer. They said the D7 driver will be $299.99 and D7 fw will be $199.99.

Good to know! Is hunt golf the driving range that’s near the interstate or another shop I need to check out?

S

Good to know! Is hunt golf the driving range that’s near the interstate or another shop I need to check out?

They used to be in Mebane off of exit 153 on 40/85. They just recently moved to Burlington off of Church street near Holly Hill Mall. Really nice people!

They used to be in Mebane off of exit 153 on 40/85. They just recently moved to Burlington off of Church street near Holly Hill Mall. Really nice people!

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I see you new to THP. Welcome.

And that signature picture tells me a lot about you. Cute kid.stay safe, it’s icy in Charlotte and the white stuffs on the way.

We only got wind and rain here at the beach. Had 50 mph gusts! My family in Burlington and Mebane got a foot of snow!

We only got wind and rain here at the beach. Had 50 mph gusts! My family in Burlington and Mebane got a foot of snow!

I’ve got twins in college. One at State and one at Duke. Ten inches of snow in both towns.we got ice in Charlotte

I’ve got twins in college. One at State and one at Duke. Ten inches of snow in both towns.we got ice in Charlotte
I will be in Charlotte next Monday for the Panthers v Saints Monday Night Football game.

Back