Wilson Staff D7 Metal Woods

I love the script. If the decision to go back came from higher up at Wilson corporate it still makes sense. In many categories Basketball, baseball and tennis they are a leader. Cost savings as well.
The club,, who knows. We don’t know much from one picture. I thought Steele or another pro played the D300 woods
steeles comments on Twitter are very positive. He indicated he might plothe driver too. Ricky Barnes also said it was solid.

The "other markets" has brought and quite honestly I don't really buy it. An example, Head Sports, one of biggest names in tennis and alpine skiing, their snowboard stuff is slightly above garbage-level and the name has no weight on that side of the industry.

In other photos floating around out there, the club looks a lot better, IMO. The top-down look is very nice and clean and the blue on the sole is a better shade than I initially though.

Sounds like I need to a head to head testing between the W/S D7's and Tour Edge EXS's.

Saw some more photos. The loft is further down/up on the hosel, towards the ferrule.

I saw those same photos most likely. I stand by my thoughts that I found it strange, the location of the script logo. I would have liked to have seen it out toward the toe area more. It doesn't matter, you won't see it when you hit it.

I saw those same photos most likely. I stand by my thoughts that I found it strange, the location of the script logo. I would have liked to have seen it out toward the toe area more. It doesn't matter, you won't see it when you hit it.

If you watched E1 of DvD 2, you know the Prez talks a LOT about how a club looks in the rack in the store, so with the script being there, it'll be seen much easier than on the toe.

If you watched E1 of DvD 2, you know the Prez talks a LOT about how a club looks in the rack in the store, so with the script being there, it'll be seen much easier than on the toe.
Makes sense, good marketing idea behind it. Unfortunately, I don't get the Golf Channel so I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

that shade of blue cheapens the look to me.

Agreed. It doesn't look premium to me and the market someone could make inroads with is premium look without premium price.

Agreed. It doesn't look premium to me and the market someone could make inroads with is premium look without premium price.

Yup, and their FW's have been pretty solid for some time now. But the looks/coloring is a miss for me.

Yup, and their FW's have been pretty solid for some time now. But the looks/coloring is a miss for me.

The Red in the C300 line is fantastic. I think the blue mixed with the busy graphics/sole design isn't doing them any favors.

And the D7 font just doesn't appeal to me. I know its a subjective, but it looks like a designers attempt to be edgy.

The Red in the C300 line is fantastic. I think the blue mixed with the busy graphics/sole design isn't doing them any favors.

And the D7 font just doesn't appeal to me. I know its a subjective, but it looks like a designers attempt to be edgy.

I know we are just looking at the sole here, but if you held up this and the HL3 fairway, I'd probably grab the HL3.
Great call on the D7, and if this line is really called D7, is it time to give them the PING treatment in terms of naming? D100-D200-D300-D7. Assuming of course this is D300 replacement.

I know we are just looking at the sole here, but if you held up this and the HL3 fairway, I'd probably grab the HL3.
Great call on the D7, and if this line is really called D7, is it time to give them the PING treatment in terms of naming? D100-D200-D300-D7. Assuming of course this is D300 replacement.

Im honestly tired of number naming schemes. Callaway does it right with naming and I think it makes it easier to sell updated newer models. I mean it looks like Ping finally figured it out with the "Blueprint" model if that sticks.

Im honestly tired of number naming schemes. Callaway does it right with naming and I think it makes it easier to sell updated newer models. I mean it looks like Ping finally figured it out with the "Blueprint" model if that sticks.

I got a full preview of Ping 2019 and they are using alpha numeric.

Makes sense, good marketing idea behind it. Unfortunately, I don't get the Golf Channel so I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

MUCH improved, I know its one ep, but its SO much better.

I got a full preview of Ping 2019 and they are using alpha numeric.

Then I retract my statement of them getting it. You can use numbers like Titleist and Srixon because there is correlation in those, but look at what happened with TM with the M1 and M2. People were confused as ****.

Reminds me of the bottom of a Titleist 915 FW. Not an immediate fan of thier take on the sole aesthetics

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The "other markets" has brought and quite honestly I don't really buy it. An example, Head Sports, one of biggest names in tennis and alpine skiing, their snowboard stuff is slightly above garbage-level and the name has no weight on that side of the industry.

I’m not sure I understand your point. I like the script for a few reasons. It was used on the club side for years. I think since Wilson has all their products on their website it makes sense to keep the font the same on all of their categories. I have no idea if the ball sports ( football, baseball, basketball) side can help the club side but it would seem like it could give them some leverage when selling to Dicks or Academy Sports. Both large format sporting goods chains. I certainly respect your opinion as well.

The other site has WITB photos of the the 3 wood from Steele’s bag. It looks good for a non adjustable wood.

After a day to look at it a few times I wonder if it’s totally finished on the sole. I agree it’s pretty plain Jane. Almost looks like it’s not done yet.

D7 driver and d7 fairways under drummond golf shows pics, descriptions etc

I just dont trust W/S to make a quality driver. I know that's harsh, but it's how I feel. My D200 all but disintegrated in my hands, and every time they are put head to head against other brands on a Monitor they just dont have as much ball speed.
I say this as a guy who enjoys the brand and has 11/14 clubs in my bag currently with the Shield.

Back