Wilson Staff D7 Metal Woods

I was told Jan. 15th!

They have started doing teasers on IG. Wouldn’t think they could drag that out to the 21st.

They have started doing teasers on IG. Wouldn’t think they could drag that out to the 21st.

They won't. Embargo is the 14th and then the 21st is when club comes out.

What do you mean by embargo?

does everyone get a hot melt port? or is that a Tour Only type feature?

What do you mean by embargo?

Embargo date is the date set by OEM in which details are allowed to be put out in full and they will begin discussing the product.
We honor them here on THP from a staff stand point and it provides us the opportunity to give THPers all of the facts.

I wish Wilson would use the W as their alignment guide on their woods. It is an awesome logo and I know they used to years ago.

Last edited:
Hit the driver & the 3w last night at the PGA Superstore.

I could easily game the 3w. it had a nice shape, I was getting good distance out of it & I didn't move it left to right to much.

I could not control the driver though. The combo of the light head & shaft made it hard for me to find the center of the face & when I did they was significant left to right action.

After playing the D200 for quite awhile, I was hopeful that the D7 driver might work. It might with a heavier shaft, but not with the stock option.

I really need to get my hands on some D7 woods to test out. If they perform, I would like to compliment my Cortex with D7, 3 & 5 woods. Unfortunately I haven’t seen them in my local shops yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping these were hit by Dan today with the monsterously deep face the driver has.

Hit the driver & the 3w last night at the PGA Superstore.

I could easily game the 3w. it had a nice shape, I was getting good distance out of it & I didn't move it left to right to much.

I could not control the driver though. The combo of the light head & shaft made it hard for me to find the center of the face & when I did they was significant left to right action.

After playing the D200 for quite awhile, I was hopeful that the D7 driver might work. It might with a heavier shaft, but not with the stock option.

Thanks for this, Tom. I enjoyed the D200 for the better part of two seasons. I wonder if I should give the D7 a try or the Cortex. I'm a little torn at this point.

Thanks for this, Tom. I enjoyed the D200 for the better part of two seasons. I wonder if I should give the D7 a try or the Cortex. I'm a little torn at this point.
The driver has potential, but I think the inability to easily swap out shafts & try something heavier will limit who hits it.

Back