Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

Ron, thanks for the info, also Overland Golf Course has a demo day on April 16.

If you're buying these clubs, one thing to bare in mind is, the half and half shaft is the only offering that has a .370 shaft tip, so if you're a little ify on the shaft options at least it would be easy to swap shafts.

Got the clubs yesterday...man they feel alot lighter then my di7's...contacted Wilson and they are suppose to be the same swingweight...snow finally starting to melt around here...they sure do look pretty though.

Got the clubs yesterday...man they feel alot lighter then my di7's...contacted Wilson and they are suppose to be the same swingweight...snow finally starting to melt around here...they sure do look pretty though.

Great stuff Hort, please let us know what you think when you get to hit them.

I am going to try again tomorrow to demo the di11s. Can't wait to try em again. If it goes as good as the first time I tried them, I might just walk out the door with them.

I am going to try again tomorrow to demo the di11s. Can't wait to try em again. If it goes as good as the first time I tried them, I might just walk out the door with them.

Awesome stuff Clam. Went to the driving range with these guys again today and they just flat out perform.

Awesome stuff Clam. Went to the driving range with these guys again today and they just flat out perform.

Yeah I am not sure if I can leave the store without buying them. You guys have answered every concern I had and some that I haven't even thought of. Again, the testers selected for these clubs have done an excellent job.

Yeah I am not sure if I can leave the store without buying them. You guys have answered every concern I had and some that I haven't even thought of. Again, the testers selected for these clubs have done an excellent job.

Look forward to hearing about the new sticks haha. Thanks for the kind words and good luck today. Let us know if the Di11's make it home with you.

Alright, I was near the only driving range today who's grass driving range is open all winter and I thought this would be a good test for the Di11's as I have never used them on grass other than the 3 and a half rounds I have played with them. They were spectacular, the turf interaction again and again was great, they cut right through the turf almost like it wasn't there. I will say I found that when you hit the ball fat, they do dig in and take a big divot, causing not just a fat shot but I REALLY fat shot. The turf was really hard and they performed like champs today, but I can't give any info on what yardages I was seeing because they had no flags up :beat-up: .

That is interesting CB as I think I've been seeing the opposite. I usually take big divots and I have not been doing so with the 11's.

That is interesting CB as I think I've been seeing the opposite. I usually take big divots and I have not been doing so with the 11's.

Interesting. I don't normally take big divots and have been working hard on flattening my swing plane out. When I make a good swing on the ball I am taking my standard small divot with great turf interaction, when I was hitting them fat, it was REALLY fat. That could have a lot more to do with those swings than the club but just thought I would post what I saw today.

Good stuff man. Can't wait till the outing. I think we will all be there

As many of you know, I went to demo these irons today. They put me on the simulator with the 7 iron. It performed great. I loved how I could almost feel exactly where each shot was struck on the clubface. Great feedback on these. I WAS convinced these were the irons for me, but thought I better try out a couple more to make sure. I chose the cg16 and S3 Max. The CLEVELANDS were nice but I just wasn't seeing the same forgiveness. Very good irons and I love the look of them. The COBRA irons were up next. I was just killing the ball with them. I went back to the WILSONS and again was loving them, but the uniflex shaft was just not for me. I was just not getting the distance. I believe my swing is not smooth enough. If you have a smooth swing these are the irons for you. They are everything the testers have described.

Good stuff Clam. So did you get the S3's?

Good stuff Clam. So did you get the S3's?

He did. I wanted to get out with the Di11's in the worst way today. It was super nice but traffic on 95 killed my fun.... :-(

Saturday Im hitting the range though.

Going to the range tomorrow and hopefully playing Saturday

Going to the range tomorrow and hopefully playing Saturday

Nice. I might try the range tomorrow if I can and then play Sunday. Im dyeing to get these out on the course.

Glad you found a set you like Clam, too bad it wasn't the Di11's. I'm going to hit the driving range today and then a round sat or sun.

I will have my Di11's in couple weeks cant wait .Kinda feel bad for my CG'7s just shot a 40 withem this morning not bad for the 1st time 4 months man i hate living up north

OEM, glad you finally got your sticks bro. You waited very patiently.

I wanted to let all of you testers in here know you have done an outstanding job on the reviews!

OEM, glad you finally got your sticks bro. You waited very patiently.

I wanted to let all of you testers in here know you have done an outstanding job on the reviews!

Thanks 1-T, it's been a blast testing them, they are amazing clubs

Quick update. Went to the range this morning with the Di11's in tow for what was really my first full non rushed and not over excited range session. These sticks are easy to hit. Theres a certain effortlessness to them. I feel confident in the shafts and love the look at address. I particulary had great succes with the longer clubs today, the 5 and 6 irons. Dont think I missed one with them. Now the scoring irons on the other hand I ran into a bit of the fatties and had to work that out. Once I did things went back to what I expected.

A few points so far, after hitting these twice now:

Theyre long. Very very good distance.
The shafts are a sweet surprise. They feel great and hold up.
They look great. Fit and finish is top notch.
Great forgiveness and feel. I saw some good distance even on some of the ones I caught fat today.

Tomorrow is the day I put these in play at course that I feel can give these and myself a good test. Ive never done well at this place so Im pretty excited to take it on with the Di11's.

Good luck out there, OEM.

Great stuff OEM. I had a great round with these today and will update once the neighbours leave and take their two kids with them. There is three 3 and under kids running around right now, so to say it is hectic it is an understatement.

Back