Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

I had so much fun with these balls. Have to get another doz to play with

Has anyone played the over runs?? They have lots of logos or what.. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some and have never ordered over runs

Has anyone played the over runs?? They have lots of logos or what.. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some and have never ordered over runs

I didnt even know they had them. If they are simply logo and not refinished or anything, you should be fine.

Wilson urethane overruns? Please point me in that direction!!??

I didnt even know they had them. If they are simply logo and not refinished or anything, you should be fine.

wow!! Their regular dozen are $31.95 and you can use coupon code 15percent to get 15% off!! Doesn't take the 15% off the overruns though!

Dang, no overrun discount.

I just received my overruns. 3 dozen came with matching numbers and not a single logo! Can't wait to play the U this weekend.

I just received my overruns. 3 dozen came with matching numbers and not a single logo! Can't wait to play the U this weekend.

Let us know your thoughts.
These have me intrigued as I love the 50 elite for the feel but would love more spin. Playing project A, pro v1, NXT tour S, and loving all of them. Can't wait to try the neon pro from vice too.

Last edited:
Let us know your thoughts.
These have me intrigued as I love the 50 elite for the feel but would love more spin. Playing project A, pro v1, NXT tour S, and loving all of them. Can't wait to try the neon pro from vice too.

I've tried every ball you've listed there except for the Vice. Will be curious on your thoughts. The 50 elite is a sleeper.

I've tried every ball you've listed there except for the Vice. Will be curious on your thoughts. The 50 elite is a sleeper.

I know it's not the thread for it, but the 50 elite is one of my favorite balls to play any time. I just know going into the round I have to adjust for the rollout. every shot off every club feels flushed. I love that. Hoping the urethane has more stopping power and the soft feel like the 50

I've had 3 dozen in my cart for 2 days! Trying to justify the purchase when I have around 20 dozen different golf balls in the garage!

I've had 3 dozen in my cart for 2 days! Trying to justify the purchase when I have around 20 dozen different golf balls in the garage!

Easy, just put three dozen up for sale in the swap and sell forum. Then you'll be even Steven :D

Just looking through the USGA Conforming balls list, looks like they have a DUO U+ listed, I don't know if this is for tour purpose or they have it coming out. At 318 Dimples and 4 piece 2 cover construction it's identical (in specs) as the New FG Tour Urethane, I wonder if this is just a rebrand?

I purchased a dozen of these for my son. He's 9 and 57" tall. His club speed with a 7 iron averages 65-70 mph. He primarily plays a course with hard, fast greens and has had a lot of trouble getting even partial wedge shots to stay on the greens as often they would roll off the back. We tried several softer urethane balls including Chrome Softs and the Duo U's have been the best ball he's ever played. He had a tournament Sunday and other parents were talking about how well his partial wedge shots were checking up and stopping. I think we've found his permanent gamer - at least until his next growth spurt. His score was 5 strokes lower than his average due to him landing and staying on the greens. He is playing from shorter distances but made 9/9 GIRS.

I used this ball during a short game practice session today. I like it. It felt good off the putter face and with the wedges. Mostly it did not feel mushy like a popular low compression competitor. I look forward to gaming this one next month over a weekend of cold weather golf.

I used this ball during a short game practice session today. I like it. It felt good off the putter face and with the wedges. Mostly it did not feel mushy like a popular low compression competitor. I look forward to gaming this one next month over a weekend of cold weather golf.
They're fun dude. I played them today (12 of them) while practicing on a totally empty course and saw some really good things as usual. It's a solid ball.

Had to bump this. For those who use this ball Budget Golf has the Duo-U on sale for $23.95 dz. and when you add the 15% THP discount, you can save a few bucks. Even without the 15%, it's still a good deal!

Had to bump this. For those who use this ball Budget Golf has the Duo-U on sale for $23.95 dz. and when you add the 15% THP discount, you can save a few bucks. Even without the 15%, it's still a good deal!

At retail I typically look past the U but this price has it in hard ponder mode.

Thanks to Budget golf I got 2 dozen of these to play this past weekend. Really liked what I saw out of them, hit some of my longer drives of the year, but this ball is not any more forgiving on the shot hit way out towards the toe with an iron... but I don't think any ball or club saves that.

Will be playing these for a while I think.

Adding to what @mancest said above- I had never played these, or any Wilson ball before this weekend, but long and straight was my experience (except when trying to out drive my partner and his 5 degree driver) When that occurs, JB called it product placement, so there's some free advertising at Dubs and Ravines courtesy of myself and I'm sure a few others. I had the best driving weekend of the season with these and I'm really glad that Budget/Wilson hooked us up with these. They are fantastic!

My game has improved and I've moved on from regular DUO (except when leaves are all over and temps drop) and will continue on with this ball from now on.

Great ball pity it doesn't come in yellow or I would change from the Chrome Softs.

Been trying out my custom THP Championship logo'd balls and really like them! No complaints so far.

Played a quick 9 and decided to play the Duo-U in place of my rotation ( CS, Red, RX) and really like the ball. Forgot how soft it was and still had very respectable distance. Don't think that it will replace anything in my rotation, but clearly I had no issues with the ball.

Back