Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

Great info.
I too am an B330-RX fan.
Just picked up a Cure RX4.

How was the feel and distance control with with U Duo vs the RX?
Seen no difference. I've played quite a few balls this year from all different manufacturers, and the Bridgestone B330-rx and the Wilson Urethane are very similar to me IMO. Just got to remember everyone's swing is different

I'm looking forward to trying these out. I've been rotating between Chrome Soft and Snell's MTB but I'm intrigued by the low compression.

I'm looking forward to trying these out. I've been rotating between Chrome Soft and Snell's MTB but I'm intrigued by the low compression.

If you are trying to make it into the Regional Rivalry THP Event in Ohio this year, I will bring you some to try out.

I think they may be in a tough position with price. I'd consider it for a cold weather ball but it would have to come in close to the Project a or better.

Love the Duo and the FG Tour. Cant wait to give these a try.

~Rock

Definitely gonna give these a run in the Cold and Warm weather once it's back, OCarrol hits the ball pretty solid and had no issues crushing the original Duo, now they are further up my thought board being urethane although that benefit won't really show itself until the warmth is back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if the Duo name will sell at a higher price point. I think it is not an issue in the UK where the brand seems to have firm roots. In the states it is all about placement. If their sales team get it on the shelf it will probably be a good seller. We don't know the pricing structure so perhaps there is a long margin for the dealer.

Very interesting. This makes me especially interested to try to play in future Chicago/Wilson events. I games the Duo a bit this summer. It was amazing off my irons, but I felt like I actually lost some distance off the tee compared to an e6 or a pro v1. I also really missed some green side spin with the duo. I also really liked the Duo while putting. The combination of lower compression and urethane might just be the ticket to addressing at least my biggest issue with the Duo. Intriguing indeed!

I received a 2-pack of the new Duo the other day and I played them yesterday for 9 holes. I really enjoyed those and it was my first time playing any type of Duo. I'm looking forward to trying the "U"! Ha! Never liked the Hurricanes!!!!

Anyone able to post a picture of the actual ball? Interested to see how it looks?

Is there a release date on these? I haven't seen them in stores yet.

I received a sleeve of Wilson Protos in my THP holiday bag that I'll put in play this weekend. I'll make notes and report back. Will be putting it up against the chrome soft **

I received a sleeve of Wilson Protos in my THP holiday bag that I'll put in play this weekend. I'll make notes and report back. Will be putting it up against the chrome soft **

Those might be based off of the original Duo friend, but I'm not 100% on that

Yes sir, Wardy is correct. Those are Protos from the original Duos, not the Urethanes.

Is there a release date on these? I haven't seen them in stores yet.

They are out - can order on the Wilson website at the very least.

How many dozen do you have en route?

Well, I can't voucher for if its en route, but two. I really liked the new I tried so I'm ready to jump in. If these two dozen stand up well, I'll buy them all?

Then I retract my statement

Thanks. I will try and find these before Saturdays round. Would love to give them a try as soon as I can.

Just found out today one of the local golf stores just got them in stock. Was a bit surprised that they were $37.99 compared to the $34.99 I had heard before, which makes me tend to believe that Wilson thinks this ball will compete well with the Chrome Soft and etc. Picked up a couple sleeves. I am hoping that this will turn out to be the one in my bag for 2016. Got to compare this ball a little bit on a launch monitor with the driver against the new Project A golf ball, which seems like a very fine golf ball so far. Didn't strike the ball all too well with the driver but based on similar shots it seems the Project A was very slightly longer, maybe just a yard or two, not much, and a very unscientific comparison. The Duo U has a good feel off the putter and it surprised me a little in hitting chips and pitches, better than I expected so far, but recognizing the chipping green was pretty soft and not in top shape by any means (but still rolling decently). Didn't test enough to ascertain how this ball compares to the new Project A in terms of spin around the greens, but early indications are it compares pretty well, and from experience so far the new Project A performs better around the greens than the Chrome Soft. Am definitely interested in other reviews comparing these three golf balls, and the B330RXS can be thrown into that mix too. Will definitely be adding a couple dozen more Duo U golf balls to the collection soon.

I am pretty eager to try these out. Currently gaming the duo. Need to find these in store.

I'm running low on my stash of Duo Spin, sounds like a good reason to pick some Duo U this weekend.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back