Woodworking / Furniture Building

I now have electricity, heat, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, and now cable TV. I almost have all my tools reassembled so all I need now is to start building some shelving in between the joists and insulate. Then I can start putting some drywall up and get myself a recliner up here and I will never leave.
7ab0db798c68236e810f30299b099954.jpg

b35f98681a77e2d5c2821e84eed57ede.jpg

1852f6ef72671bf1580c56d28ac324ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm incredibly jealous of you!

I finally got the chance to make a little sawdust this weekend. If I wouldn't have kept making mistakes I'd have it done but this faux fireplace is coming along.

1cafa5dc0abd86df165063771b67791a.jpg

I'm incredibly jealous of you!

I finally got the chance to make a little sawdust this weekend. If I wouldn't have kept making mistakes I'd have it done but this faux fireplace is coming along.

1cafa5dc0abd86df165063771b67791a.jpg

Looking really good.

I wrapped this guy up this morning. It's painted with chalk paint and my wife may put a wax on it but for now I'm done!

2d4e71bab2c466d071e8927a15029dce.jpg

Nice! Was it covering something up, or did you just want something below the TV?

Nice! Was it covering something up, or did you just want something below the TV?

It's just there for decoration. My wife was wanting something to fill up that space below the t.v. and this was the solution.

Looks good! Is there a light inside? It looks like I see light coming from a gap between the cross piece & the bottom part.

Looks good! Is there a light inside? It looks like I see light coming from a gap between the cross piece & the bottom part.

Yep I put a LED light strip back there that shines down. It's a nice little highlight when it's darker in the evening.

Nice touch.

I wrapped this guy up this morning. It's painted with chalk paint and my wife may put a wax on it but for now I'm done!

2d4e71bab2c466d071e8927a15029dce.jpg
That looks great KEV, nice work. But for the love of God, hide those tv wires!!

That looks great KEV, nice work. But for the love of God, hide those tv wires!!

That's next on the list . I'm just debating on whether to use one of those paintable covers over them or actually run the wires in the wall.

That's next on the list . I'm just debating on whether to use one of those paintable covers over them or actually run the wires in the wall.

Speaking as someone who just patched holes from running wires in the wall....paintable cover all the way.

Speaking as someone who just patched holes from running wires in the wall....paintable cover all the way.

That's the way I'm leaning. My wife is known to move things around pretty often and I'm not a fan of patching those holes.

That's the way I'm leaning. My wife is known to move things around pretty often and I'm not a fan of patching those holes.

Yeah, definitely cover then. No more holes for me.

I've got a dilemma that I'm hoping you seasoned woodworking veterans might have a solution for.

My wife and I had our basement renovated in early 2018. Ripped out ugly carpet, ripped out ugly drop ceiling, redid some drywall, sprayed the open ceiling and put down vinyl plank flooring. Unfortunately we had an issue with the waterproofing system and the basement flooded in June and ruined the flooring. Now that we're between flooring, I kinda want to put in a bar in one corner. The problem is our basement flooring is severely sloped. The following pictures so what I'd like the layout of the bar top to be, as well as how much slope I'm dealing with. We did level out the flooring a lot in the center of the basement, but couldn't go much higher due to the low ceiling height.

Obviously the right side of the bar will be open so the bar top can flip up for access. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kIdRgRE.jpg

H245JIg.jpg

Here's what it did look like before that fateful day:

nQBBaiJ.jpg

I've got a dilemma that I'm hoping you seasoned woodworking veterans might have a solution for.

My wife and I had our basement renovated in early 2018. Ripped out ugly carpet, ripped out ugly drop ceiling, redid some drywall, sprayed the open ceiling and put down vinyl plank flooring. Unfortunately we had an issue with the waterproofing system and the basement flooded in June and ruined the flooring. Now that we're between flooring, I kinda want to put in a bar in one corner. The problem is our basement flooring is severely sloped. The following pictures so what I'd like the layout of the bar top to be, as well as how much slope I'm dealing with. We did level out the flooring a lot in the center of the basement, but couldn't go much higher due to the low ceiling height.

Obviously the right side of the bar will be open so the bar top can flip up for access. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kIdRgRE.jpg

H245JIg.jpg

Here's what it did look like before that fateful day:

nQBBaiJ.jpg

Was there something poured on top of the slab around the perimeter, and if so can you remove it fairly easily?

I'm not sure what the different color concrete is or was poured for, but I don't know that it would be helpful to remove. Most of the slope is in the main slab. I have done a little more planning over the last couple days and I think I have an idea of how to get the base put in and level. Since the right side will need to be open for access to behind the bar, I don't have to deal with too much of a slope. The worst of it will be along the closet wall, but that should be easier to deal with since it's tucked into a corner and can be attached to the walls directly.

Woodworking / Furniture Building

Wrong thred

Last edited:
I now have electricity, heat, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, and now cable TV. I almost have all my tools reassembled so all I need now is to start building some shelving in between the joists and insulate. Then I can start putting some drywall up and get myself a recliner up here and I will never leave.
7ab0db798c68236e810f30299b099954.jpg

b35f98681a77e2d5c2821e84eed57ede.jpg

1852f6ef72671bf1580c56d28ac324ff.jpg

Whoa. Yeah, this just became a goal for me....Looking good!

Whoa. Yeah, this just became a goal for me....Looking good!

Thanks.

I now have it fully insulated. Drywall is next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cfe72b4958f8581b8e9a396be0d415f1.jpg

7094c1fb441cc1cd011d924ed0d84c11.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice keezer. I'll be building one this year at some point, though with a lot fewer taps.

I
Thanks.

It’s been out of commission for a couple of years. I stopped brewing when my gout started to get real bad but now that I’m on a daily gout medication I will probably start brewing again.

Wolf Finish (2).jpg

Wolf (2).jpg

For my huskies, I've been working with this project since last year and I just finish it now. My husband told me to some light but I am not that good with electricity and stuff.

Been working on a dry bar cabinet. Was lax so I don’t have progress pics but here it is in its current state. It’s getting a drop front up top and sliding bypass doors on the bottom. Upper left will get some racks to hang stemmed glasses:

f72fccaba1fd19be6b12b228b42f7668.jpg

Nice! When you say "drop front" does that mean the top cover panel will drop down to become a shelf?

Back