Woodworking / Furniture Building

That’s Sketchup. Check this site out for free tutorial videos.

Congrats on the miter saw! I have a Diablo blade on mine too. I recently bought some really nice Wen stands for my drill press, planer, and band saw.

I saw a Wen Miter saw stand but where once the basement I'm in the middle of is finished I'm going to have to actually put my tools away so having wheels on the stand is a must.

I saw a Wen Miter saw stand but where once the basement I'm in the middle of is finished I'm going to have to actually put my tools away so having wheels on the stand is a must.

I‘m in the same boat. Too many tools not enough space. The stands I bought have wheels too. Wen does have a dedicated miter saw stand as well, but I have my miter saw on an old TV stand.

I‘m in the same boat. Too many tools not enough space. The stands I bought have wheels too. Wen does have a dedicated miter saw stand as well, but I have my miter saw on an old TV stand.
I picked up this rigid stand yesterday. It seems extremely well built, was a bit confusing to put together using the instructions so the video on Home Depots website was really helpful. I'm really happy with it.

1610129104365.png

My office needs an uplift so I am taking on a project and going to build this. Going to only do to sets of cabinets on the bottom with two smaller bookshelves on each side of a larger in the middle.
194B5244-DD76-41A2-B8B6-9BA97780C6CD.jpeg

For those woodworkers out there any tips I must do?

Last edited:
I finally got around to installing a big chunk of my railing installed upstairs. It helps that my drywall guy is coming in a week from today!

View attachment 8987569
What is this railing for? I've been looking at it for like 5 minutes and I can't figure it out...

What is this railing for? I've been looking at it for like 5 minutes and I can't figure it out...
I think he cut a big hole there to run some stairs into his basement

My office needs an uplift so I am taking on a project and going to build this. Going to only do to sets of cabinets on the bottom with two smaller bookshelves on each side of a larger in the middle.

Are you doing built ins? I didn’t see a link so I’m not sure what you have in mind.

I think he cut a big hole there to run some stairs into his basement
The railing would make sense then! I just didn't see any holes in the floor. Thanks!

Are you doing built ins? I didn’t see a link so I’m not sure what you have in mind.
Oops guess I forgot to attach the picture.
2E36A8E1-3FF1-4AEC-BEAE-66FC7CA95B41.jpeg

The railing would make sense then! I just didn't see any holes in the floor. Thanks!
Sorry took the day off to finish up the basement drywall so I didn’t have time to get on THP until now. Yes the railing is for some stairs I built.

Sorry took the day off to finish up the basement drywall so I didn’t have time to get on THP until now. Yes the railing is for some stairs I built.
Makes sense! Thanks!

Anyone have any ideas to make the shelves edge look better? I have seen some people use that iron on edging but I’m afraid where I already routered the edge I may be stuck. I am planning on staining the whole thing still.

Attachments

• 3676B88A-71F8-4622-AECC-12023673D200.jpeg
    3676B88A-71F8-4622-AECC-12023673D200.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 12
It’s not anything fancy. I am making the Order of the Arrow awards for our Weblos. I used a rough sawn walnut slab I’ve had sitting under the deck for 5+ years. This is actually the first time I’ve used my router table in 3 years. It’s been a fun project.
D98E5B8B-7205-4112-A9B9-6BAB0E60DAE4.jpeg79118EC1-7455-45FA-B2E0-8C61A744DAC2.jpegA249B9E9-0A4D-448D-A297-7E2CED0BC17B.jpeg6AA1D697-8595-49EF-91C4-DB665E589222.jpegC31990F8-74BC-447A-B211-508C7CB6017E.jpeg

View attachment 8988535

I'll say it - Measure twice, cut once. Are you going to build the cabinets or use pre built? Same question for the cabinet doors.

Anyone have any ideas to make the shelves edge look better? I have seen some people use that iron on edging but I’m afraid where I already routered the edge I may be stuck. I am planning on staining the whole thing still.

For the outside of the box along the sheetrock, maybe you could try some trim or repurpose some crown moulding for a fancy look... make it simple with 45* mitered corners just like a picture frame? Something like a case frame like what's around door frames...Door casing thingy

For the edge of the shelf, maybe get some 1/2 round and pin nail it to the face so it hides the edge of the plywood shelf. It may be proud of the wall a little bit though so it might not be what you want... the photo I found shows where the homeowner glued the trim to the edge of the shelf... shelf edge trim thingy

Wife wanted me to do a drop zone before the cabinets in my office. This is about 6 hrs of work & my skill level with wood is blah. Will put finishing touches and popular framing on & paint tomorrow.
9B5275C2-2E58-4380-B67B-41E620FC6B47.jpeg

After years I finally replaced my MFT top. I noticed the old one sagging really bad this weekend so I finally broke down and did it. Oh the memories...
FFFEE5BC-85D6-4BEF-A0A6-D92D2D7BDD79.jpeg

Wife wanted me to do a drop zone before the cabinets in my office. This is about 6 hrs of work & my skill level with wood is blah. Will put finishing touches and popular framing on & paint tomorrow.
View attachment 8989376
No shame in that game. Fill the knot holes and use a good primer for a smoother finish when you paint.

No shame in that game. Fill the knot holes and use a good primer for a smoother finish when you paint.
Yep that was the game plan!

One of the guys in my FB woodworking group posts this the other day;
8D8B8586-4B12-4968-9E52-8CA6A12D6D13.jpeg]
I just brushed it off thinking he’s exaggerating. Then, just a few minutes ago I got a notification in my Apple feed about a new Popular mechanics story. Well what do you know, it’s the dang rock! Pretty cool.

Back