Worst shot of the round?

9 iron from about 145 yards out. In the fairway, lie was fine. Conditions were fine. And... chunked it. Went all of 40-50 yards, and only because it rolled slightly downhill. Felt like a toe dig. Waste of a good opportunity. All been there!

It's between five.

1) my topped tee shot on the 2nd hole 💩💩💩💩 - this one barely made it off the tee.
2) my topped tee shot on the 4th hole 💩💩 - topped 3W into the fairway so a FIR?
3) my topped tee shot on the 5th hole 💩💩💩 - topped 3W into the rough.
4) my topped tee shot on the 7th hole 💩💩💩💩💩 - I took out my driving iron and drove the ball straight into the ground but somehow it was a FIR by 6" :ROFLMAO:.
5) my duff and run on the 4th hole 💩 - I still managed a bogey.

Hit my drive 314 yards leaving myself 80 yards to the front of the green and up taking a triple-bogey 7.

First I hit it my sand wedge over the green, then chunked 2 chips before finally hitting one on the green and 2 putting.

On the back nine Saturday, I was -2 through 6 holes. I bogeyed the 7th and then stood on the par-3 8th hole with a 4-iron.

I caught a little hosel and my ball sailed high and about 30 yards right of the green. Anyone that knows me will know that I'm incapable of missing a cart path if I hit a shot anywhere near one. Sure enough, the ball hits a cart path and bounces far into a guy's backyard, resulting in a crowd-pleasing triple-bogey...

On Sunday I tried to get real cute with a lob wedge over a greenside bunker to a pin with no green to work with.
Dunked it in the bunker.....

After a duck hook yesterday on 10 that put me behind a small bush on a par 5, I chipped out to the fairway where I proceeded to hit the solidest 3W I think I ever have. Problem being it went straight into a 60 foot tree that shot it about 70 yards sideways. Nothing like hitting 4 from 305 out.

I had 2 shots almost exactly similar on back to back holes.
17th I had 105 to center of green. A standard PW for me. I hit it nice and high, but too nice. Over the green in the rough. But it 138
18th I had 142 front edge. My 8I is 135. I figured land it short and bounce up, everything has been bouncing all day. I hit a nice crisp 8I, to 173. Back edge of green with a 60+ foot putt. Got down in 2.

but DAMN! Crushing my irons

I don't have a shot of it, but I hit a 2-iron off the 9th tee and pushed it right. Right into some trees, so my next shot was blocked by trees, and I hit a piece of one of those trees, and came up short, and made bogey. I could have missed anywhere else and been fine.

Monday, last hole of a pro-am. Par 5. I had a rough front nine but was putting together a much better back nine. I wanted to finish strong. On my tee shot I dip my shoulder and pop the ball up into the stratosphere landing maybe 150 yards to right side next to a canal and behind trees. But that wasn't my worst shot. Instead of chunking the ball to the fairway, I try to hit a line drive draw through a small window in the trees. Boom, I pull the ball just a touch left and hit a tree. The ball flies back just over my head. I ducked, and the ball flew back over the canal to the other side. Quick rules check, I have to play that as a hazard -- can't go back over and hit. Hero shot fail, bigly. I was hitting 4 way out of position only 120 yards from the tee. I ultimately took a 9. 😬

Monday, last hole of a pro-am. Par 5. I had a rough front nine but was putting together a much better back nine. I wanted to finish strong. On my tee shot I dip my shoulder and pop the ball up into the stratosphere landing maybe 150 yards to right side next to a canal and behind trees. But that wasn't my worst shot. Instead of chunking the ball to the fairway, I try to hit a line drive draw through a small window in the trees. Boom, I pull the ball just a touch left and hit a tree. The ball flies back just over my head. I ducked, and the ball flew back over the canal to the other side. Quick rules check, I have to play that as a hazard -- can't go back over and hit. Hero shot fail, bigly. I was hitting 4 way out of position only 120 yards from the tee. I ultimately took a 9. 😬
Was the other side of the canal OB?

Yesterday afternoon on hole 5 I hit a dead pull low and left leaving myself behind a cluster of trees and end up making bogey. Follow that up on hole 6 with a low push right that hits trees and goes OB. Re-tee with correction noted pull left just like hole 5 and into trees. End up making double.:dohanim:

Hole 7 a hit it with little anger and absolutely smoke it and barely miss an eagle putt after having a 175 yards in on the par 5. I don't know why but it seems like I will have 2-3 drives where my mind and body both decide to do the opposite of the other and I'll hit some horrendous drives. 2-3 months ago I was hitting most all of them pretty good with a a few misses but nothing like this. For the most part the rest of my game has been really good. If I can get this fixed then my game will be really good.

No. It was specifically designated as a lateral hazard with red stakes. It was further detailed in the instructions for our round.

You can play out of a lateral hazard.

You can play out of a lateral hazard.
We were specifically told we couldn’t play from the other side. Treat as lateral hazard. I could see my ball. It was irrelevant at that point anyway. I will get my revenge on that course in the state mid-am in August. Plotting and scheming. 😈

Dead, cold shanked 7 irons on the range & kept it going on the course.

Last weekend, playing a par 5 and my tee shot ended up underneath a small Pine tree.
No need for a drop, I figure I might have a swing if I crouch under the tree.
On my practice swing to see how much range of motion I might have, I accidentally hit the ball.
Ball goes 3 feet.
I say to myself (it's only two shots and I'm on a Par 5), so I decide to do a punch shot.
Ball goes 6 feet hitting the next Pine tree.
Now I take a drop and carry on.....
9 was the damage.

Flubbed chip which I went right under

Last weekend, playing a par 5 and my tee shot ended up underneath a small Pine tree.
No need for a drop, I figure I might have a swing if I crouch under the tree.
On my practice swing to see how much range of motion I might have, I accidentally hit the ball.
Ball goes 3 feet.
I say to myself (it's only two shots and I'm on a Par 5), so I decide to do a punch shot.
Ball goes 6 feet hitting the next Pine tree.
Now I take a drop and carry on.....
9 was the damage.

If you hit it on a practice swing when the ball was in play, aren't you supposed to replace it under penalty and play it from where it was when you hit it accidentally?

If you hit it on a practice swing when the ball was in play, aren't you supposed to replace it under penalty and play it from where it was when you hit it accidentally?
I didn't know about a rule like that.
The rules I know of, I've either seen on TV or been told by a fellow golfer.
How did you learn the rules when you started golfing?

I didn't know about a rule like that.
The rules I know of, I've either seen on TV or been told by a fellow golfer.
How did you learn the rules when you started golfing?
Read some, talked to other people on forums, etc. I'm sure I don't know them all. I had to look that one up to be sure I was clear on it.

Read some, talked to other people on forums, etc. I'm sure I don't know them all. I had to look that one up to be sure I was clear on it.
I was discussing this rule of replacing it under penalty with a golfer I know.
He asked me what's to stop a player who has a poor shot declaring that it was a practise swing. Replacing the ball under penalty of a stroke and getting a 2nd chance to really hit a good shot would make the penalty more of an advantage. Of course you'd have to really hit a great shot.

A bad shot being relative and all, I hit this lazy crap-*ss 3W on the second hole last time out that somehow went right through the middle of two tree branches it had absolutely no business being near at all. Not even remotely where I wanted to put it, and kind of pinned me behind a little tree short of the green.

I was discussing this rule of replacing it under penalty with a golfer I know.
He asked me what's to stop a player who has a poor shot declaring that it was a practise swing. Replacing the ball under penalty of a stroke and getting a 2nd chance to really hit a good shot would make the penalty more of an advantage. Of course you'd have to really hit a great shot.

Integrity.

yesterday, it wasn't so much the "worst shot" of the round so much as the worst shot theme of the round...ruined tee shots with chunked irons on the approach/2nd shots...what made them more aggravating was that they were going where I was aiming...just half the distance :rolleyes:

Not me personally, but waiting to tee off this morning we let a threesome who play a best ball go first.

First guy steps up and hits it cold off the toe of the driver at about a 45 degree angle dead right straight into the hazard on the left side of the 18th. Second guy steps up and proceeds to hit the exact same shot:banghead:. Jokingly I yell down "third time's the charm" and he manages to find the fairway.

First guy re-tees and hits it straight up in the air to have it land back at his feet. We're doing our best not to laugh at this point. Second guy to hit also re-tees and manages to get it about 50 yards out off the tee.

Back