Worst shot of the round?

I’m gonna go ahead and call my shot for tomorrow’s round and say my opening tee shot
I will report back on this as soon as it happens. :p

Hit my driver all of 35 yards. No I didn't miss putting a number in there. 35 yards.

356 yard Par 4 on the back 9 and it had been raining for 4 straight holes. Tried to dry my grips off as much as possible but mid-swing, my right hand slipped and hit one pretty much as low as you can towards the bottom and heel of the face. Hard shank left into a stand of trees by the cart path. 4i punch out to 160, 8i right of the green, chip on and 1 putt. Hohum bogey in the rain. :facepalm:

P
For the record, I recommend no one almost ever make the same decisions I do. In anything.

Did you try the low hands thing you asked about? 'Cause I'm still thinking about that question.
Yes but so focus on hands forgot about the club face...:sneaky:

I have to say it's kind of a tie....
2nd hole: 3rd shot - flop shot over a bunker to a short sided pin - I hit the flop shot okay but I didn't get enough on it on my first attempt and it landed in the sand. GUR and NPR was back and try again. Up, over and on this time.

9th hole: 2nd shot. duffed 5H.... and things went downhill from there.

Last time out, around a week or so ago, I hit an absolute nasty hook into the water left off the 18th tee. I had been even on holes 10-14, then played 15-16-17 at +4. Guess some frustration overtook me and didn’t focus on the shot like I should’ve. It was such a bad shot, the kind that I knew was awful the millisecond I made contact with the ball. It was kind of funny - it was such an awful shot that I couldn’t help but laugh and finish the hole out.

Today I was struggling with my iron shots early and came to a tough par 3. It's a forced carry and the green falls off on the front, left, and rear. If you miss anywhere other than right you lose the ball. If you miss right normally the hill brings the ball back down for an easy chip. I proceeded to hit it extremely fat into the crap. I took a drop in front of the crap and proceeded to thin my pitching wedge over the back for another lost ball. My playing partner said "there's a 2 iron at the bottom of every wedge". Uggh..

Topped the tee shot in my last hole 😑

Birdied 1, par'd 2, eagled 3...

3 under after 3. Record low 9 in my mind. "Reachable" par 5 to come.

Can't muster myself to bang a drive down the right side with water right to shorten the hole, so I bail out left.

245 to hole, over water. The carry is less the more left you go.

I'm a natural fade player but have been hitting the driver much longer with a draw.

Decide to aim 20 yards left of the green with a little draw 3 wood, even though I haven't hit a draw 3 wood all year. This would give me a nice little 30-50 yard pitch to get up and down for another birdie.

Step up and say this is a make or break shot for your round buddy, you gotta execute.

I come down into impact, a little voice in my head goes "yes".

It's in the air, I stop looking .... playing partners are staring it down.... I'm confused... "its good guys"

I look over.... splashes at the very end of the water. Wind killed it :(

A flubbed chip on 16. Meant to hit it 15 yards and only got 9 yards.

I topped a 4h that went about 10y. Other than a few missed short putts, that had to be it.

It was one of two shots. Either when I hit my 9 iron so far off the toe that I almost whiffed completely, sending the ball about 15 feet to the right at an almost 90 degree angle to the target. Or it was the time I did the exact same thing with my 5 iron.

CHUNKS. I had a case of the chunks yesterday and I refuse to pick just one.

I birdied the first hole this morning and stepped onto two tee and muttered "what's the hardest thing to do after birdieing the first hole? Not making an 8 on the next"

I proceeded to hit my drive about 65 yards on a 485 yard par 5. Karma.

Par 5 plenty of space all over duffed 1st drive 60 yds hard left into a pond. 2nd attempt split the fairway. Hate it when that happens

Got WAY too cute with a 9 iron today, trying to tuck one into a narrow pin against the wind.
Ball gets eaten up high, lands short on the rocks surrounding the marsh area, and naturally, comes flying back to me in the fairway leaving me 65 yards to the hole hahaha!

I did not convert, but I did laugh at myself. Better decisions required.

First hole today... not much of a warm-up. Took my trusty 5W and duck hooked it into a willow tree. At least it bounced into the fairway. 52 yards total.

A missed 3-ft putt seems obvious, but a big slicing OB drive on hole 3 cost me two strokes early in the round.

Bladed wedge over the back of the green... it's ugly and known right from the start. Yuck I hate it... Adds another stroke as a 2 for 1 deal.

2 exact duplicates on the back nine. I had 90 yards on #13 and 89 yards on #15 - both times I laid the sod over my 58-degree wedge and advanced the ball about 15 yards. A complete shock as I was salivating over the birdie expectations...

A fat 9 iron from 150 yards that came up 15 yards short....

Take your pick: played 5 holes yesterday and 3-putted twice, from 9 and 12 feet. Brutal.

Hit a greenside chip shot into the water. Didn't even blade it, just hit it too hard.

After pulling my tee shot into the trees on the right I hit a punch shot that caught the edge of the cart path. The ball bounced straight back at me and ended up 5 years behind where I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit a few real bad ones today, but the worst was a bad decision. Took the wrong club, left the water in play, and dunked it.

Back