Would this stop you from playing?

Yep, I’m staying indoors.

Depends on where I am at. If local pass the vouvhers. If traveling and a return unlikely soon, I'm playing.

You’re tacky and I hate you
Youre Back Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I did play in winds like that and pretty heavy rain when I was in Hawaii on vacation last year. It was 75 though and on vacation so I had to do it. That weather at home I’m playing on the sim in the basement.

Wind & Rain ... that's big NO for me dawg!

its a no from me dawg GIF

I’m playing. Our season is so short I can’t miss out on multiple days. Thats why I have rain gear and an umbrella.

Another Xer asked this

I’m taking the scramble.

I don’t mind playing in that weather if I’m dressed appropriately

Not worth it for me unless it's Augusta or something

Unlikely

If it’s a world class course? Rain gear on, let’s do this.

If it’s just my own course? Nah I’m good
He's at Bandon.

If I'm there because I've made a special trip to be there then I"m playing. If it's a local course I'll take the voucher.
Agreed. We had the cold and winds in the 20’s and 30’s for my bachelor party trip 3 months ago. Luckily no rain for those and it was sunny which helped. They weren’t ideal conditions but that why we went so we played.

I lived out on the north side of the Olympic Peninsula for 5 years, so that was my average winter golf weather.
There's a reason I live in the desert now.
If I were in on a once in a lifetime trip, then I'd play. Otherwise, pass!

I've played in worse. If this was a high end course that's tough to get on, yeah I want to get out there. If it's my local muni... I'm probably staying home.

Yuuup.
some of the most fun rounds i have played too. Except Chambers, that just kicked my ass. lol
I think I actually missed that one. Played the course before but never in the rain. It kicked my ass in the dry, I can't imagine in wind and rain!

As others have said, it all depends on where the round is.

Back